[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [d2vzw]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xElvizlex

Oct 12, 2012
tried the new update with Pie. but ended up going back to 4.2.1 yet again the gps issues. I tried taking out the sim card and battery like someone suggested but that didnt do anything at all. but yeah dont really care much for Pie anyway. but still a great rom if it wasnt for the gps crapping out on me. Still loving my Carbon though.

lucky13

Oct 3, 2007
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.π JB 4.2.2 [d2vzw] » Feb 20

I need some info from the folks reporting ringers that don't repeat. are you using a custom ringtone, or a stock one? if stock, have you changed from the default?

none of us have any trouble at all.

I have tried the default, custom, none work more than once.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012

I have tried the default, custom, none work more than once.

This is also true for me. I just switched to a longer custom Ring tone and haven't looked back.

My main concern was alarm sounds not waking me up, but it's been a non issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

SkinnyT

Jul 11, 2011

I figured out the pie thing, but my nav ring from the nav bar is still popping up on the right side of the screen. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Relentless D

Jun 4, 2012
Chico, CA
I figured out the pie thing, but my nav ring from the nav bar is still popping up on the right side of the screen. Am I missing something?

I was getting the same thing and tried everything I could think of to no avail. I usually only use 3 ring targets so my workaround was to set long press options for each of those on my 3 different Navbar buttons.

Wish the ring worked, but the workaround isn't so bad.

I'm clean flashed on the latest update using Nova and no pie fwiw.

SkinnyT

Jul 11, 2011

I was getting the same thing and tried everything I could think of to no avail. I usually only use 3 ring targets so my workaround was to set long press options for each of those on my 3 different Navbar buttons.

Wish the ring worked, but the workaround isn't so bad.

I'm clean flashed on the latest update using Nova and no pie fwiw.

Same here. Clean install and everything is updated. I usually use the three rings but have my nav bar long presses set to other things. I guess I'll have to wait for the update. Still a sweet rom though

EGill42

Jul 26, 2012
I am having very odd behavior with 1.3. When I install it, my home button stops working. Also, when I hold the power button, the menu looks different, and the browser does do not seem to be working. Back to 1.2 I go.

lucky13

Oct 3, 2007

I am having very odd behavior with 1.3. When I install it, my home button stops working. Also, when I hold the power button, the menu looks different, and the browser does do not seem to be working. Back to 1.2 I go.

I had some odd behavior like that, a dirty flash again fixed it. Be sure to clear dalvik and cache.

Dcox28

May 18, 2011

I need some info from the folks reporting ringers that don't repeat. are you using a custom ringtone, or a stock one? if stock, have you changed from the default?

none of us have any trouble at all.

I'm using a classic bell ringtone that I got from Zedge. It has never been an issue until flashing to 4.2

EGill42

Jul 26, 2012
I had some odd behavior like that, a dirty flash again fixed it. Be sure to clear dalvik and cache.

I actually did all that, but it doesn't seem to work. At this point, I can wait for the next release. Didn't have any real problems with 1.2.

EDIT: I seem to be having the same problem even with 1.2 regardless of clean or dirty flashing.

Last edited:

mapatton82

Feb 14, 2010
Eau Claire
A lot of people are stating GPS issues, I have not had any issues but I also have been flashing the TS Crackflasher pack for inverted gapps (it also contains stock apps) but anyways there is an option in the package to install a AGPS patch. I'm wondering if this might not fix some of the issues people are having.

Couldn't find a link on XDA but it is available on Rootzwiki under the S3 General section.

Masa6GCS

Mar 31, 2012

A lot of people are stating GPS issues, I have not had any issues but I also have been flashing the TS Crackflasher pack for inverted gapps (it also contains stock apps) but anyways there is an option in the package to install a AGPS patch. I'm wondering if this might not fix some of the issues people are having.

Couldn't find a link on XDA but it is available on Rootzwiki under the S3 General section.

Here is the rootzwiki link for crackflasher. It works very well for fixing gps and has quite a few other personalization options.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/35307-mod-ts-crackflasher-pack-33d-2142013/

Reactions: GSDer and takota6

htcoveblue

Oct 12, 2007
Kissimmee, FL
This one is new for me in 1.pi. Didn't notice in previous builds.
  • In Music app sound is at max volume when opening a song. One press on volume down brings volume setting back to where it was.
  • In Music app sound is jumps to max volume when advancing to next track or returning to beginning of current track. One press on volume down brings volume setting back to where it was.
  • When a song ends and Music app advances to the next track, sometimes they jump to max volume and sometimes the volume levels behave as expected.
[

I'm getting the same thing using Play Music. Every time I hit "Play" on my widget, it's super loud. One click of the volume button (in either direction) sets it back to selected level. Also happens with headphones plugged in. It's happening when I receive an audio notification as well. I'll have my headphones plugged in, receive a text, and my music jumps to maximum volume. It kinda hurts. :(

Otherwise, I'm definitely loving the ROM. Nice to have 4.2 with working Bluetooth!

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago

This is known. You need to reboot and install GApps and it will start working. Same way every time.

lucky13

Oct 3, 2007

This is known. You need to reboot and install GApps and it will start working. Same way every time.

Maybe it was the reflashing of gapps that worked for me, I assumed that he would reflash that as well.

Sent from my S3...like a BOSS.

EGill42

Jul 26, 2012
Interesting. I initially did just this, but then it created more problems. I did a dirty flash, but have never had any issues with it before.

But after a factory wipe/reinstall of gapps it wis woking correctly. Just lost few text messages, no bid deal.

constituent37

Jun 3, 2012

Do not laugh about pie. Pie is serious business.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Hey everybody! So we decided to make an actual CarbonDev account and post useful information about the rom through this account instead of our personal accounts, you know, so we seem professional and whatnot.We are also in the process of changing the OP's to this account so they don't say 1.6 anymore lol. We have contacted xda and are waiting for that to get done, all in good time. We hope this change will make everything a bit easier for you, our precious users, but also for us in a logistical sense. We try to do everything possible to make Carbon user friendly and to meet the needs of the majority and hopefully this will help us maintain that goal. Anyways, back to work! Peace.
    Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] » Feb 6

Kejars talking about an update that's the fastest he's seen aosp. Granted it's on the note 2 but hopefully it will carry over

It will..great things are coming. Just be patient guys next release will be worth the wait! :D

Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] » Feb 6

Sup people :)

Thank you for your appreciation of our hard work. :) There are loads of more goodies coming your way, both ROM related as well as \m/ related ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    i hope so and i hope carbon implements it into their rom asap! it would be great. been with carbon since day one and never left! love it!
    We hope to have it implemented quickly as well once it drops. Leave our wives and children to fend for themselves and go 100% on the rom lol