[Q] Fastest ROM?

Search This thread

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City
Speed. I want speed of opening apps, and moving between them as well as the smoothness. Do I need to enable ART to get the quickest experience?

A. What ROM

B. What kernel

To be clear...opinions means which one you find the quickest in your OWN research. Not an opinion that states I should try them all.

I have tried a few and I want to stay on 4.4.2. So, there seems to be some that have ART and GEL, which might be gimmicky, and others that are more geared towards removing bloat. The generic ROM that comes on the device runs like crap. It is stuttering and generally painful to use (for ME at least). So, I was hoping to gleam some insight from those who flash ROMs for fun. I am not one of those people.

Thanks!

Last edited:
D

Darth

Try them all and see.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

D

Darth

Can I anti-thanks this comment? If I wanted to do that, I would have. The goal was to collect information from others who have been through that type of pain, whilst exerting the minimum amount of effort.

;)

That's not what xda is about friend. A moderator will jump in here soon and agree, then close this thread.

Its all a matter of taste and opinion. No one can tell you what you'll like best. Impossible.

So yes....start reading and flashing and make up your own mind.

Welcome to XDA. ;)

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
\(^._.^)/ wahoo xda. Where we only help if you're nice. \(^._.^)/ we choose to help and are not required to. \(^._.^)/ So yeah. And try a aosp based ROM. Lol debloated to shreds. Over clock lol. Pretty much the answer as the guy above me said is. Try everything out. I mean dude you have the easiest things to root and flash. So just try a bunch of ROMs. Not everything is speed speed speed. Find a equal balance of speed and love for the ROM.

Sent from my Rezound using xda-developers app. CyanogenMod 11. S-off

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City
That's not what xda is about friend. A moderator will jump in here soon and agree, then close this thread.

Its all a matter of taste and opinion. No one can tell you what you'll like best. Impossible.

So yes....start reading and flashing and make up your own mind.

Welcome to XDA. ;)

Thanks for the welcome.... You sound like a really kind person, dedicated to helping others with insightful and useful information.

Last edited:

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City
\(^._.^)/ wahoo xda. Where we only help if you're nice. \(^._.^)/ we choose to help and are not required to. \(^._.^)/ So yeah. And try a aosp based ROM. Lol debloated to shreds. Over clock lol. Pretty much the answer as the guy above me said is. Try everything out. I mean dude you have the easiest things to root and flash. So just try a bunch of ROMs. Not everything is speed speed speed. Find a equal balance of speed and love for the ROM.

Sent from my Rezound using xda-developers app. CyanogenMod 11. S-off

First post updated to be more specific.

Last edited:

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2
First post updated to be more specific.

I recommend asking for a PM from a few experienced users instead of this. This is not typically allowed and here's why:

Asking which ROM is best/most stable/fastest/prettiest question isn't allowed so we can't answer that. To say one ROM is better is to infer that the others are inferior in some way. This is disrespectful to the devs who spend their spare time bringing us these awesome ROMs free of charge. Each user has different tastes anyway, the best way to see which ROM suits you is to flash a few and find out for yourself.

A thread was created for this and if you read that thread, the Mod states all other threads created will be deleted:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2151963

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City
I recommend asking for a PM from a few experienced users instead of this. This is not typically allowed and here's why:

Asking which ROM is best/most stable/fastest/prettiest question isn't allowed so we can't answer that. To say one ROM is better is to infer that the others are inferior in some way. This is disrespectful to the devs who spend their spare time bringing us these awesome ROMs free of charge. Each user has different tastes anyway, the best way to see which ROM suits you is to flash a few and find out for yourself.

A thread was created for this and if you read that thread, the Mod states all other threads created will be deleted:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2151963

WHOA! I had no idea. Honestly. I would have gone to that thread. Directly. I guess I should close this...or does a mod do it? Anyway. Thanks for the link.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Art is needed.

A. Rom : Speedy

B. Kernel : Gonzales

Of course you can try other options by yourself, it is personal taste.

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 7 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2
    try purity rom.its pretty smooth and fast.