[SECURITY HOLE] [Readme] Newbie / Noob warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Jan 27, 2014
Hello readers, I am a cyber forensic developer and analyst.

While looking over automatic rooting softwares and websites I came across 2 programmes that installed smpt keyloggers to the system directory.

I am yet to analyse how it works [Will be updated when I do]

Till than please make sure don't use any auto rooting software.
For rooting please refer to our xda friends and developers who has posted several rooting methods through odin and a root file along with a custom recovery.

Administrators are requested to pin this post for the digital safety of the newbies and other victims.

Leave a thanks it it helped you :)

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2014
If you could link to, or describe these programs it would be even better :D

I am yet to analyse those files.

I captured two outgoing files,
1. Keylog068.file
2. PhoneGal.file

keylog seems like a text file but it is encrypted.

I cannot link them to the rooting websites and softwares unless I am positive about the threat.

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Please report the link or program used to root... Otherwise downloading programs outside of XDA come with malware pre-installed. Try using methods to root any tablet/phone from known sources specially rooting software found within XDA itself.

D

Darth

The government is watching me? Even in my tinfoil hat? ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

Jan 27, 2014
Please report the link or program used to root... Otherwise downloading programs outside of XDA come with malware pre-installed. Try using methods to root any tablet/phone from known sources specially rooting software found within XDA itself.

I cannot report unless i am 100% sure the program steals our keylogs. I am trying to crack the encryption, and will report back soon

(Actually i am a bit slow with rainbow tables ;) )

HanZie82

I cannot report unless i am 100% sure the program steals our keylogs. I am trying to crack the encryption, and will report back soon

(Actually i am a bit slow with rainbow tables ;) )

As this is a developers site it might be handy to share the suspect programs.
So others could help in decrypting, and/or check for malware.

But thanks for sharing this information anyway, and goodluck on your efforts! :good:

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014

While looking over automatic rooting softwares and websites I came across 2 programmes that installed smpt keyloggers to the system directory.

For rooting please refer to our xda friends and developers who has posted several rooting methods through odin and a root file along with a custom recovery.

Administrators are requested to pin this post for the digital safety of the newbies and other victims.

First thanks for the allert. For this First step I give you 50% of an A. Why? Because you need to Post All Important Info. What you have done is useless.

It is not wrong to point out Possible or Unverified Threats to our security, since this is a mayor risk. It may compare to having some knowledge that a possible murder will be soon or in progress! You do not wait for the murder to happen just to say later that you where just concern!.

But what you have done worth nothing without the knowledge of the NAME of what program you are referring. Nobody else can confirm or denied without Program NAME. Clearly you are not sure. So in your statement, just clearly Express your Concerned. And Clearly say as you did that the info needs to be verified. Then ASK others to Verify your findings.

What you are doing will cause the opposite effect, . As Single accuser you will get back some comments.

Last, if it is a false alarm, you will see the owners of those APPs giving explanations !

atudnsca

Feb 8, 2014
Without mentioning the two rooting apps, this is an idiotic thread just spreads paranoia.

I was going to room my daughter's tab until I read this thread.

Which software should I be avoiding? If you suspect it, and can't prove it, why not just list it here so users like myself can avoid it and/or the developers can explain themselves.

Right now, am I to avoid all rooting software?

D

Darth

I vote this thread the most rediculous thread so far for 2014. ;)

Go ahead and root guys. If there was an issue it would be all over the net by now. Don't listen to one tinfoiled hat guys tomfoolery. :)

Jan 27, 2014
Without mentioning the two rooting apps, this is an idiotic thread just spreads paranoia.

I was going to room my daughter's tab until I read this thread.

Which software should I be avoiding? If you suspect it, and can't prove it, why not just list it here so users like myself can avoid it and/or the developers can explain themselves.

Right now, am I to avoid all rooting software?

You can root via custom recoveries and root files, its considered safe.

I will post an update today on my findings

HanZie82

I don't get why people would use software to root their device.
It's much more fun to do it yourself. :D

Im sorry for your lack of imagination/empathy then. :D
But i dont always have the time (ie patience) to do it all myself.
And lets be honest nowadays everything has to be easy, people dont want to think for themselves anymore.
You can see that in the forums as lot's of easy/simple/dumb questions being asked. (without searching so the questions is not new).
I could go on, as its an irritating factor for me, dumb people... :angel:

mrocklewitz

Sep 22, 2010
Two Rivers, WI

Here's what I don't understand. Why are you not telling us the suspect apps? You can report more findings when you get em. Until you state actual names or links to the apps you are being disregarded by many. If it's something on xda that's causing this and you are dickin the dog on telling us, you have lost all credibility...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

D

Darth

He's spouting the same stuff in other forums. He's a kid. LOL.

Please carry on with your normal lives. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.