[Q] Reset keeping google account

Search This thread

SavellM

Jan 28, 2014
Reading
Hi guys,

When you reset your Nexus and then re-set it up with your google account it downloads everything all over again.
As in backgrounds, contacts, settings all sorts.

Now I would like to reset my Nexus keeping contacts, calendar, "keep", but losing everything else.
I would like a clean stock android again and start over with any customisations.

Is this possible?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hi guys,

When you reset your Nexus and then re-set it up with your google account it downloads everything all over again.
As in backgrounds, contacts, settings all sorts.

Now I would like to reset my Nexus keeping contacts, calendar, "keep", but losing everything else.
I would like a clean stock android again and start over with any customisations.

Is this possible?

Not afaik. You could make a nandroid backup after setting up the phone and before you install your own apps in recovery, and restore that later.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
When you sign in on your Google account on a fresh wipe and boot, uncheck the option to backup and restore from Google account. Your contacts, keep, calendar, etc will still sync with your device but not bring in all your apps

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: kufikugel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you sign in on your Google account on a fresh wipe and boot, uncheck the option to backup and restore from Google account. Your contacts, keep, calendar, etc will still sync with your device but not bring in all your apps

Sent from my Nexus 5