Problems with helium (non-premium)

Search This thread

digiknowzone

Jan 22, 2014
Hi guys, I finally made the decision to root my z1,but first of all, I need to back it up. Problems are :

1. Sony pc companion backup is cr*p.
2. So I opted to using helium. Now, I got all settings up. Downloaded the pc counterpart of the app, downloaded the Android app from Google store, set up into debug mode. Helium requires my phone on PTP mode, which I do, but 1 second later, it comes back to MTP mode.

Did I miss anything? I tried downloading "drivers" from helium 's suggestions, but the one they have their is older than my SPCC.

Thanks in advance! I really look forward to rooting my device and getting it's benefits. Cheers!

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

eirikgu

Feb 23, 2011
I had the same problem, and I didn't find any solutions (I have Helium Premium). I ended up backing up my phone using Sonys software, just to be on the safe side. Rooting does not wipe your phone (at least not the method I used), but better safe than sorry. Unlocking on the other hand will wipe your phone!

After root, I installed Titanium and made all the backups I wanted. I also installed dual recovery (still without wiping the phone) and made a Nandroid bckup.

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
Titanium backup always work, use that in the future. It is worth the money, all others I have tried have been of no use :)

digiknowzone

Jan 22, 2014
I had the same problem, and I didn't find any solutions (I have Helium Premium). I ended up backing up my phone using Sonys software, just to be on the safe side. Rooting does not wipe your phone (at least not the method I used), but better safe than sorry. Unlocking on the other hand will wipe your phone!

After root, I installed Titanium and made all the backups I wanted. I also installed dual recovery (still without wiping the phone) and made a Nandroid bckup.

But the problem is I can't even back up properly with Sony backup, any work arounds for this?

digiknowzone

Jan 22, 2014
Titanium backup always work, use that in the future. It is worth the money, all others I have tried have been of no use :)

Yes, I'm planning for premium, the problem is, I can't backup yet since helium is not working add it should and Sony's backup does not work as well

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
Yes, I'm planning for premium, the problem is, I can't backup yet since helium is not working add it should and Sony's backup does not work as well

Just forget the backup and start from a fresh start with titanium backup.. I have had same issues before... :)

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I use my phone for worth related stuff, so, I really can't do that, otherwise, this topic would be meaningless, lol

He's right. Move all files from internal memory to the PC and then use titanium backup. It's able to back up your entire phone including the application data. Duh. It can actually backup your entire device with system apps and it's data.