[Q] blue screen tint?

Search This thread

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I barely got my lg flex but the first thing i noticed was when my phone shows white images they has a light blue/greenish tint to it. I just came from the lg g2 and it displayed white images better is this normal or is it my phone.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: osifervic

skyli91

Jan 28, 2009
I barely got my lg flex but the first thing i noticed was when my phone shows white images they has a light blue/greenish tint to it. I just came from the lg g2 and it displayed white images better is this normal or is it my phone.

I dont have G-Flex yet, but on my old Galaxy S, I was able to calibrate the screen with an app called voodoo color. I hope there is a screen adjuster app for the G-flex too :) or i hope ther will be :)

hands0m3

Jun 1, 2008
I dont have the blu tint anymore ever since the kk update

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

will0899

Dec 2, 2011
Bakersfield
Never noticed it when i had jb but there were some users that had it and exchanged their phones. I guess there is a handfull out there. Might want to look at the early threads.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

osifervic

Aug 12, 2008
I have a LG G Flex and my screen has the blue tint. It is especially noticeable on the top part of the screen and is blotchy blue. The bluish tint goes along the top of screen towards the right of screen about a quarter way down . Other than the bluish blotchy area I described ,the rest of the screen is white.

My phone is set at 50% brightness. At 100% brightness the blueish tint isn't as dark and is barely noticeable.

I have read of others having same issue. If you Google it you will read lots of complaints about the bluish tint in different areas of screen from the top to the bottom.

I bought my phone about 7 days ago at Best Buy.

I had upgraded to Android 4.4.2 on At&t. I Had considered possibly exchanging it for another one but I think bluish tint may be normal.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

osifervic

Aug 12, 2008
.... I have attached 3 photos in which I had tried my best to capture the bluish tint on white screen background. I hope this helps

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1399863902787.jpg
    1399863902787.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 1399863934726.jpg
    1399863934726.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 1399863990037.jpg
    1399863990037.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 207

Visa Declined

Sep 17, 2012
Oklahoma City
.... I have attached 3 photos in which I had tried my best to capture the bluish tint on white screen background. I hope this helps

Wow that's strange. I'm absolutely positive that there's a lot of screen variances between these devices. The G Flex on display in my T-Mobile store had an extremely grey look to it, even on 100% brightness. My screen isn't like that, although it's not as white as an LCD, I'm extremely happy with it.

I just took these 2 pictures with my Nexus 5, one with the flash off and another with the flash on.

S5gXtRw.jpg

O6stbMk.jpg

osifervic

Aug 12, 2008
Yours looks way better than mine. I wonder if I should take mine back. I'm worried I might get one that's even worse than my current phone... Thanks for posting the pictures!!?

Reactions: Visa Declined

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
unfortunately, thats the risk you take; if you are within your "in store" return period, you could go back to the store and check your replacement out before you take it home, but if you are past that time period, its a roll of the dice..

osifervic

Aug 12, 2008
I'm still within the return period. I might return it on Saturday, which will be day 14 of my return period.

It's a shame, I like the phone and have it set up the way I like it.

The Bluish Screen issue is a bit of concern . I don't know what causes it . I don't know if it will worsen or lead to a future total Screen Failure.

I'm a bit disappointed in Lg though.
I believe they need to work on their quality control and testing before they ship out devices that have an obvious screen defect.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Found this link that describes the screen issue of a customer who had it on multiple lg g flex devices...

https://m.facebook.com/StarHub/posts/10152102408017472

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I dont have G-Flex yet, but on my old Galaxy S, I was able to calibrate the screen with an app called voodoo color. I hope there is a screen adjuster app for the G-flex too :) or i hope ther will be :)
    I dont have the blu tint anymore ever since the kk update

Never noticed it when i had jb but there were some users that had it and exchanged their phones. I guess there is a handfull out there. Might want to look at the early threads.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wow that's strange. I'm absolutely positive that there's a lot of screen variances between these devices. The G Flex on display in my T-Mobile store had an extremely grey look to it, even on 100% brightness. My screen isn't like that, although it's not as white as an LCD, I'm extremely happy with it.

I just took these 2 pictures with my Nexus 5, one with the flash off and another with the flash on.

S5gXtRw.jpg

O6stbMk.jpg