Transfering Contacts from Sony Ericsson P1 into HTC Touch Pro

Search This thread

doublecheese

Jul 4, 2007
www.sunsetmetal.com
Hello friends .

Can somebody please clarify how to do this :

I have about more than 1100 contacts on my Sony Ericsson P1i phone and many of them has a second or third Mobile Phones under same contact.

When I transfer these to HTC Touch Pro (or any WM device) only 1 of the Mobile phones is transferred.

The same thing applies to other fields too , if the person has 3 home numbers only 1 or 2 of them get stored under outlook.

Can you please explain if there is a work around for this . Or maybe any 3rd party software ?

Thanks
YG

doublecheese

Jul 4, 2007
www.sunsetmetal.com
Well since I have around 1100 contacts , I guess it would be difficult to tranfer them 1 by 1 by bluetooth.

However, even if I did that , The 2nd and 3rd mobile phones get lost during transfer.

I'm guessing that the best way would be that I transfer all contacts from P1i to PC by using SE P1i's syncronising tool PC SUITE to Microsoft Outlook.

I did that already but all of the second mobile phones were already lost.... I thought of correcting them on Outlook but I could not find a way to rename fields on Outlook.

I'm OK with Outlook, or I also OK with another 3rd party software .

Any ideas please ?

vitalyb

Aug 8, 2008
Hi,

I've the same thing. You need to use "Float Mobile agent":
http://fma.sourceforge.net/

Sync it with your SonyEricsson phone to have all the contacts in the computer. Then export the contacts from the float interface into outlook and sync Touch Pro with ActiveSync.

You should now have all these contacts in your touch pro :)

doublecheese

Jul 4, 2007
www.sunsetmetal.com
Hi,

I've the same thing. You need to use "Float Mobile agent":
http://fma.sourceforge.net/

Sync it with your SonyEricsson phone to have all the contacts in the computer. Then export the contacts from the float interface into outlook and sync Touch Pro with ActiveSync.

You should now have all these contacts in your touch pro :)

Wow ,,,,,, My mouth is already watering I can't wait to test it :))))

EDIT : I downloaded the program ans installed it. However when I connect the Sony Ericsson P1, it's reading my contacts 1 person per telephone number.
This means If I have for example Michael A . It creates 3 entries for Michael A if he has 3 phones. it should be 1 only, I have also signed in the forum but each forum is protected by Password, so I can't view Outlook SYNC problems forum. How do I write my contacts to Outlook ?

Last edited:

koppee1

Jul 1, 2007
I had that problem previously. Which is why I have more than one listing for people who have more than one cellphone. E.g. John Smith-Globe and John Smith-Smart.

It was the only way I can easily transfer my contacts between phones without any problems. So I've been doing that for as long as I can remember.

-wireless-

Feb 1, 2007
You can't have more than 1 mobile number per contact with WM so you will have to change the name of your contacts that have more than one number otherwise you will lose them.
It sucks but it is the only way and I do not think any software will do this for you.

Cheers

doublecheese

Jul 4, 2007
www.sunsetmetal.com
Hi again,
The password is "fma". It isn't secret, it is just top stop the spammers.

Ask your questions there, they are sure to help.

Thanks for the reply

However this FMA only allows me to have 1 telephone number for each contact. No matter if work phone or mobile phone, so I have multiple entries if my contact has multiple numbers. I can not see all numbers under same contact.

What do I have to do ? Is yours like this as well ?

jorann

Sep 9, 2008
Amstelveen
do you have the latest outlook ? (2007? or something?) I had no problems converting p990i>TP with newest pc suite, outlook 2007 and activesync...

doublecheese

Jul 4, 2007
www.sunsetmetal.com
I'm sure you have errors in your vontacts that you have not noticed yet.

See your contacts and see if any of your contacts have 2 or more mobile phone numbers stored.

Or maybe by chance all your contacts have only one mobile phone :)

Now I'm almost sure it's impossible to do , I wish somebody could prove me wrong...

novakry

Apr 14, 2006
Loughborough
If I might just add, there is one other way you transfer your contacts from your P1 to your windows mobile device. Setup yourself a Mail2Web Account up, and then grab activesync software for your phone. Then synchronize your contacts with the online exchange and then you have a handy backup of all 1100 contacts. I personally would hate to lose them, this just gives you the extra assurance. I'm not certain if the P1 has, but it takes the hassle out of migrating. This method can also be used when upgrading your ROM.

-N

doublecheese

Jul 4, 2007
www.sunsetmetal.com
If I might just add, there is one other way you transfer your contacts from your P1 to your windows mobile device. Setup yourself a Mail2Web Account up, and then grab activesync software for your phone. Then synchronize your contacts with the online exchange and then you have a handy backup of all 1100 contacts. I personally would hate to lose them, this just gives you the extra assurance. I'm not certain if the P1 has, but it takes the hassle out of migrating. This method can also be used when upgrading your ROM.

-N

Hi Thanks but Sont Ericsson guys really gave a thought on that subject.

I can back up-copy all or seperate contacts , on PC , on Micro SD card

So I have no worries on that :)

noordeen

Oct 11, 2008
contact issue

i hav same prob. i transferred cont from my n73 to htc touch, it was working well. unfortunately after install some third party application, i don't know which one, it see only 1 number lost all other numbers. any solution pls..

nickba

Oct 10, 2008
I also have a P1i and I bought the Touch Pro 1 month ago. But I am still using the P1i!! I didn't even tried to import the contacts yet, because the Touch Pro is very buggy to use daily.

kingjack

Oct 18, 2008
Mumbai
I'm sure you have errors in your vontacts that you have not noticed yet.

Now I'm almost sure it's impossible to do , I wish somebody could prove me wrong...

Problem is the way contacts r stored in WM......no matter, which evr method, u use to sync or transfer contacts, bt WM will nt store more than 1 Mobile number per contact....

i recently shifted frm P990i to Touch Pro n faced same prob.....got 1158 contacts wth at least 400 of thm wth double mobile no.s :mad: ....

chk out following link for more info -

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2866562#post2866562

P.S. - I also wish sumone cud prove both u n me wrong or Microsoft wakes up n realizes tht people can n do have more than 1 Mobile connections