[ROM] [PORT] G2X-SINGH-UI v2.10.08 (MIUI Blazing Fast) 8/14/12

Search This thread

shane1diamond

Jun 18, 2011
Hawaii
Nah, there's nothing new to be done on this phone outside of getting the ICS/JB radio working. And that is beyond my capability. .. Even MIUI has moved on to ICS bases, so porting new versions isn't an option. We have what we have.

Yup this wonderful device has probably has seen as much development love that its ever gonna see. Loved this MIUI rom on my G2x, Also Loved your Tsugi ROM Lotherius thanks for your work along with all the other great devs that helped make as much out of this beast as possible. Still a great device just lacks, well.....you all know.

Donskjr

Nov 11, 2007
Can someone please help me and tell me how to install the default Gingerbread browser on this rom? I like this rom the best but I can not stand the browser they have replaced the default with. So far I have tried putting the browser.apk from cm7 into system/apps but it just force closes. Thanks.

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
You can't, I think it has something to do with the framework

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The nexus 5 is coming out soon. I'm getting that, if you have the money it would be worth getting that.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

Nice! hmmm...maybe I'll wait =)

Back on topic...is there ANY way to fix this stupid time/date syncing issue? Even when I have my time and date settings formatted to my data/wi-fi connection I get nothing! I have to manually do it every time. Also, it seems like it goes really haywire if you pull the battery out and then boot the phone. I pulled my battery last night after shutting down my phone, turned it on this morning and its already December 31st! This is my first time experiencing MIUI and I'll be honest, its down right sweet. The themes are absolutely incredible! The UI is by far more advanced and user friendly then any other ROM I have used. Its taking a little warming up to the fact that the rom doesn't utilize an app drawer but I'm starting to like that feature as well. Battery life is average but with the interactive theme I have on there it's way better than expected. If I can just fix this time and date syncing issue I would be one happy camper!

EDIT- Read on another forum from a user saying that he integrated necessary time zone information into the build.prop and his phone boots every time with the correct time zone information....might be something i'll look into.

Last edited:

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Attached is a modified build.prop with the following lines added:
persist.sys.country=US
persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.timezone=Eastern Time

Unfortunately I have to run to work and do not have time to test this myself. I'll be pushing this to my device as soon as I get home and hopefully have some luck. If you live on the east coast of the US and wanna give it a shot, let me know how it goes. Please have a backup ready in case your phone decides to blow up or at least make a copy of your current build.prop to your SD so you can move it back if need be.

Attachments

• build.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 12

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Build.prop mod did not work. Actually, I take that back. It seemed to stabilize the phone's ability to sync date and time if it was shot off in short intervals. However, I keep my phone off at night and immediately after turning off the phone i pull the battery for a few seconds and put it back in. In the morning when I turn it on, the date is always january 1st or december 31st. This is such an annoying problem that I want fixed!

xBkKx

Sep 30, 2011
I used an app called ClockSync to fix automatic time issues if you want to use that as a last result since it just fixes the time when the phone boots so it needs to stay installed.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

m3mb3rsh1p

Feb 18, 2013
Build.prop mod did not work. Actually, I take that back. It seemed to stabilize the phone's ability to sync date and time if it was shot off in short intervals. However, I keep my phone off at night and immediately after turning off the phone i pull the battery for a few seconds and put it back in. In the morning when I turn it on, the date is always january 1st or december 31st. This is such an annoying problem that I want fixed!
I think you might have the same problem as me which is.... dead internal supercapacitor.

The G2X has a tiny supercapacitor that acts like a CMOS battery for keeping time when the battery is taken out. I think it normally holds a charge and keeps the phone clock running for quite some time (hours?) without the battery.

I severed the contacts on mine to investigate the effects on battery life and instead lost all ability to hold time without a battery in the phone.

Why are you swapping the battery out every night? If you are doing this to refresh the phone and avoid the Sleep of Death, I suggest that you take the battery out for about 10 seconds (to ensure the battery gauge resets itself), put it back in, boot the phone which will set the correct time, then shut it down and leave the battery in. It should be okay to restart with just one boot on record.

I have noticed that my battery drains with the phone turned off. I believe this is because the clock is now drawing power from the battery because of the dead supercapacitor.

I will be replacing that part soon and believe it will also solve the high battery drain I have on my phone. A similar issue with a faulty supercapacitor has been reported in the Samsung Galaxy Note community wherein theirs leaked and played havok with the WiFi chip next to it. I believe ours just suffered reduced lifetime because of heat.

Last edited:

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I take out the battery after the phone is off and then put it back in but leave the phone off at night until the morning. I do this because if i dont my battery will drain 15% or more throughout the night if I don't do this.

m3mb3rsh1p

Feb 18, 2013
Aha! Taking the battery out resets the clock because the internal capacitor is dead. You are actually better off than I am. If I left my phone on overnight, I would lose about 10% per hour even in airplane mode :(

So if you just shut it down and don't take out the battery, it will lose charge overnight...

Do you turn wifi/data off before you turn it off? I think if you left a data connection on before you shut the phone off, it will set the clock automatically when you boot as long as "Sync at startup" is on.

If you forget to leave wifi/data on, I find that you can trigger a clock set by going into settings->Date/Time and toggling the automatic setting (off for ~5 seconds then on again).

It's such a pity that MIUI doesn't use time from cell towers.

Last edited:

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Aha! Taking the battery out resets the clock because the internal capacitor is dead. You are actually better off than I am. If I left my phone on overnight, I would lose about 10% per hour even in airplane mode :(

So if you just shut it down and don't take out the battery, it will lose charge overnight...

Do you turn wifi/data off before you turn it off? I think if you left a data connection on before you shut the phone off, it will set the clock automatically when you boot as long as "Sync at startup" is on.

If you forget to leave wifi/data on, I find that you can trigger a clock set by going into settings->Date/Time and toggling the automatic setting (off for ~5 seconds then on again).

It's such a pity that MIUI doesn't use time from cell towers.

Yeah I toggle everything off before shutting it down. Sometimes I can get the date and time to sync correctly if I go to "My Location" and select "Use GPS Satellites." So far this morning though, it's not working. I also tried toggling of the automatic setting for 5-10 seconds then on again and that didn't work either. I would really love to fix this issue.

What file in the ROM (apk, smali, etc) is responsible for the syncing of date and time? Maybe we can swap out some lines from cm7 or another ROM that will allow syncing of date and time from cell towers because I have flashed dozens of ROMs on this device and this is the first one that has ever given me trouble with date and time. I have a little experience with modding so I think it might be worth a shot.....I just don't know what file is responsible for the date and time syncing. Other than this current issue this ROM is sweet. I have definitely fell in love MIUI and can't wait to get a better rig to flash a better build on it lol.

m3mb3rsh1p

Feb 18, 2013
Does leaving data/wifi on before you shut down work?

I'm running another miui that I can call my favorite (link in my sig). SINGHUI was my first and I was hooked. The one I'm running is not as customized but is the most stable one I've used.

I've been reading about NITZ, the time protocol from cell towers, but haven't yet figured out how to use it. There are a couple of build.prop settings I've tried to no avail.

Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G2X-SINGH-UI v2.10.08 - Powered by MIUI

Singh UI is basically modded rom based on MIUI. I have been running this version for extensive hours straight and I think it is the time I should post on the forums.

Base Rom: MIUI Weekly & CM7 Nightly Build
    MIUI - 2.10.08 (Stable)
    CM7.2 - CM7 Team
    WhiteHawkx - Porting Instructions
    WajkUI, Andy, Other Members - Vol Mod
    RockoDev - Beats Audio
    kairi_zeroblade - Tweaks/TIPs/Audio Drivers
    Harsh - For 3.xx Kernel
    Djvoleur - Compiling CM7 Harsh Kernel & Guide to build boot.img

*This Rom is only intended to be used with G2X (P999), therefore avoid flashing on O2X (P990).

pqQKF.jpg
    HSfxz.jpg

aF10d.jpg
    06YOY.jpg

What is in SINGH-UI?
    SINGH-UI is a custom rom for G2X (P999) device which focuses on modification of MIUI ROM. Rom is basically a redefined version of MIUI with custom tweaks, mods, apps and updates to improve stability, performance while keeping the original look of MIUI without the bloat ware and extra languages (We are in U.S., English is Primary Language) which clutters the device and causes sluggishness.

Features:
    - MMS Picture Size Fix
    - CM7 Camera (Better than MIUI Cam)
    - BraviaHack (Integrated)
    - Juwell's RamScript
    - Custom Mods
    - Zipaligned
    - Beats Audio
    - Custom Kernel
    - 4 Way Reboot
    - Scrollable Widgets
    - Theme Fix
    - Track Skip via Volume Rocker Down
    - Spareparts+
    - GPS FIX App - run this first before launching GPS App (Locks in 10-15 Sec).
    - Extended Settings - **NEW**
    - Swipe to Remove Notification - **NEW**

How to Install:
    1. Download
    2. Place it on SD Card
    3. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Make backup (if have another ROM installed / if not skip 5 & 6)
    5. Wipe /data(Factory Reset)
    6. Format /system in Mounts & Storage
    7. Install via SD Card & flash p999-SINGH-UI-x.xx.xx.zip
    8. After install, reboot it and let it load

Lastly, for those who wants faux kernel, i can modify faux kernel so it can be used with themes. I just need faux's permission. I will request it from him.

Note: none

**NOTE** - Please read change log first.
    Downloads for BB v21y only: -
    File: ==> p999-SINGH-UI-2.510.08.zip-Final - Harsh Kernel <== (Stable)

Google Play 3.5.xx Official - People who are experiencing market issue, install below patch.
    File ==> Update Google Play 3.5.16-Official
    File ==> Update Google Play 3.5.15-Official

Market Installation Instructions:
    The quickest way to fix Market 3.5.xx is to:
    1. Install Market App downloaded from above links
    2. Erase data for google play and Google Services Provider
    3. Enter Recovery --> Advanced --> Fix Permissions

So now I can download apps on 3.5.16 without downgrading.

Swipe Notification W/ Extended Settings - Removed causes too many issues.

**IMPORTANT**
    - Please install the patch after installing the rom. I am working on new final release. It should resolve all issues. This patch should fix market issues and equalizer crashing. Thanks for being patience and testing. Final release comes out tonight.

MODs: - CWM Flashable
    File: ==> T15-G2x-06022012-Kernel by Morfic w/ theme fix <==
    File: ==> ELP-G2x-06022012-Kernel by Morfic w/ theme fix <==
    File: ==> Add-CM7-Camera-For-MIUI <==
    File: ==> Add-Stock-MIUI-Camera <== *new*
    File: ==> Wi-Fi Calling App <==
    File: ==>
    POST LINK ==>MODs <==

Older Version:
    Code:
    File: ==> [URL="http://goo.gl/ISaRF"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.5.25.zip-Final - Faux Kernel[/URL] <== (Stable)
    File: ==>[URL="http://goo.gl/Xnfal"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.4.20.zip-Final - Faux Kernel[/URL] <== (Stable)
    File: ==> [URL="http://goo.gl/txKoW"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.4.6.zip-Final - Faux Kernel[/URL] <== (Stable)
    File: ==> [URL="http://goo.gl/XwvPz"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.3.30.zip-Final - Faux Kernel[/URL] <== (Stable)
    File: ==> [URL="http://goo.gl/Qmg3B"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.3.23.zip-Final - Faux Kernel[/URL] <== (Stable)
    File: ==> [URL="http://goo.gl/YBwch"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.3.16.zip - Faux Kernel[/URL] <== (DEPRECATED)
    File: ==> [URL="http://goo.gl/d5sU7"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.3.9.zip - Faux Kernel[/URL] <== (Stable)
    File: ==> [URL="http://goo.gl/jENQi"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.3.2.zip - Faux Kernel[/URL] <== (DEPRECATED)
    File: ==> [URL="http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/3518/2200/p999-SINGH-UI-2.2.24-faux.zip"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.2.24.zip - Faux Kernel[/URL] <== (DEPRECATED)
    File: ==> [URL="http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/3518/2150/p999-SINGH-UI-2.2.17-1.zip"]p999-SINGH-UI.2.2.17-1.zip - Faux Kernel[/URL] <== (DEPRECATED)
    File: ==> [URL="http://www.sendspace.com/file/zqddyk"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.2.10.zip[/URL] <== (DEPRECATED) 
    File: ==> [URL="http://www.sendspace.com/file/rejq94"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.2.3.zip[/URL] <== (Stable) DEPRECATED
    File: ==> [URL="http://www.box.com/s/5v1zrlgkqi5jmesy93u7"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.1.20.zip[/URL] <== (Buggy) DEPRECATED
    File: ==> [URL="http://www.multiupload.com/0FRVCCBF3R"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.1.13-1.zip[/URL] <== (Stable)
    File: ==> [URL="http://www.multiupload.com/Z5BED0B7GK"]p999-SINGH-UI-2.1.13.zip[/URL] <== (Buggy) DEPRECATED
    File: ==> [URL="http://www.multiupload.com/YEZC8NNKO0"]p999-SINGH-UI-1.12.30.zip[/URL] <== (Stable)
    File: ==> [URL="http://www.multiupload.com/1FBZUBZYRX"]p999-SINGH-UI-1.12.23-1.zip[/URL]<== (Stable) DEPRECATED
    File: ==> [URL="http://www.multiupload.com/JZ1PJ2I7J2"]p999-SINGH-UI-1.12.23.zip[/URL] <== DEPRECATED
    Change Log:

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]2.10.08 Updates [/COLOR][/B] - 8/14/12 - Stable
    - Harsh 3.xx Kernel for CM7 by djvoleur & harsh - Best kernel
    - Tweaked framework and drivers using latest CM7.2 RC3
    - Optimized & DeoDexed APKs
    - Zipligned Apks and Compressed PNGs
    - Uncompressed several apks to avoid force closures.
    - Other tweaks and using stable base.
    - Added vroom tweak to enhance speed.
    - Removed various apps, such as cloudservice.apk, gmail.apk and compass.apk, and 2-3 more - install gapps to get them back.
    - Enjoy!

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.5.25 Updates [/COLOR][/B] - 5/25/12 - Stable
    - Updated framework and drivers using latest CM7
    - Uncompressed several apks to avoid force closures.
    - Updated market app and added DSP Manager
    - Added Mic Gain Fix - Hopefully this will work.
    - Removed various apps, such as cloudservice.apk, gmail.apk and compass.apk, and 2-3 more.. you guy's will know.
    - Enjoy!

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.4.20 Updates [/COLOR][/B] - 4/20/12 - Stable
    - Updated to Latest MIUI Base, and using latest CM7
    - Reverted Market to 3.4.7 to resolve bugs

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.4.6 Updates [/COLOR][/B] - 4/07/12 - Stable
    - Updated to Latest MIUI Base, and using latest CM7
    - Updated Market and Equalizer to Latest version.
    - Further shrunk framework to speed up the rom.
    - Added back MIUICamera.APk for those who want to use both cameras. - I prefer use third party app.

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.3.30 Updates [/COLOR][/B] - 3/30/12 - Stable
    - Updated to Latest MIUI Base, and CM7
    - Modded RAM Tweak in init.rc (kernel side)
    - Further optimized apks to reduce errors
    - Updated framework - Smaller size - Greatly reduces
    - Optimized PNGs for faster loading
    - Removed Bravia Hack and BeatsAudio - these are placebo, our device doesn't have libraries in kernel.
    - Removed Swipe Remove for Notification - this cause band selection to crash
    - Removed Extended Setting Control Panel App - will provide CWM Flashable Zip
    - Please Do Fresh Install Given - Removed a lot of stuff to improve performance

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.3.23-Final Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 3/24/12 - DEPRECATED
    - Integrated Patch to fix app crashes such as Equalizer
    - Market error should be resolved now.

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.3.23-2 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 3/24/12 - DEPRECATED
    - Replaced DSP Manager with Equalizer
    - Replaced Unlock market w/ official to fix download error

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.3.23-1 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 3/24/12 - DEPRECATED
    - Added Spareparts

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.3.23 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 3/23/12 - DEPRECATED
    - Updated to Latested MIUI Base, and CM7
    - Fixed Wi-Fi for instability
    - Added RAM Tweak in init.rc (kernel side)
    - Added new tweaks
    - Further optimized apks and framework - Greatly reduced lag and size
    - Optimized PNGs for faster loading
    - Added Swipe Remove for Notification (per request) (Also modded for better accuracy).
    - Added Extended SettingControl Panel App
    - Updated Market to latest 3.5.15 Unlocked
    - Please Do Fresh Install Given too Many optimization :D (Now it is Buttery Smooth).
    - Better sound quality (updated audio drivers) - Kairi_zeroblade

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.3.16 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 3/17/12 - DEPRECATED
    - Updated to Latest Base for MIUI/CynMOD
    - Updated CM7 Camera to latest Build
    - Stock/Faux Kernel Packed
    - Updated RamScript to Perform same as V6 Supercharger w/o sacrificing battery. (PLEASE DO NOT COPY W/O MY PERMISSION OTHER DEVS)
    - Updated ZipAlign script, first boot will zipalign your custom apps
    - Optimized framework-res.apk for better stability
    - Updated BeatsAudio

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.3.9 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 3/9/12 - Stable
    - Updated to Latest Base for MIUI/CynMOD
    - Updated CM7 Camera
    - Stock/Faux Kernels Packed
    - Optimized PNGs/ZipAligned
    - Updated Market App, and Spareparts, and SU Binary
    - Optimized framework-res.apk
    - VM-Heapsize is default @ 32, i am having issues w/ 48m or 50m. I'll work on this.

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.3.2 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 3/2/12 - Stable
    - Updated to Latest Base for MIUI and CynMOD
    - Updated CM7 Camera. (Camera 360 is Bomb)
    - Stock and Faux Kernel Packed
    - Trinity ELP Max (Morfic) Modded for Theme Folder (Flash Rom and Flash Trinity, Do not Reboot in Between)
    - Optimized PNGs, and ZipAligned!
    - Search Set to Google
    - Scrollable Widgets, Faster Proximity Sensors (WhiteHawkx and Orig Author)
    - Added back skip via Volume Button w/ 4-Way Reboot (Andy, Wajk, and Other Members)
    - Added Beats Audio (RockoDev)
    - Further Optimization w/ System

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.2.24 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 2/20/12 - Stable
    - Updated to Latest Base for MIUI and CynMOD
    - Added back CM7 Camera, I still think it takes better Pictures. (Camera 360 is Bomb)
    - Stock and Faux Kernel
    - Optimized PNGs, and ZipAligned!
    - Search Set to Google

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.2.17-1 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 2/20/12 - Stable
    - Updated the Updater Script to reflect proper version number.
    - Removed CM7 Camera and Replaced w/ stock MIUI Cam as it causes MMS App to crash when attaching pic directly taken by camera within the App.
    - Added Faux Kernel for Faux wanna be :D

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.2.17 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 2/18/12 - Stable
    - Fixed Wi-Fi issue from previous build
    - Added MIUI v4 ICS Theme, Apply it from Themes (Kept GB as default since this is GB)
    - Updated to newer MIUI and CynMOD!

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.2.10 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 2/11/12 - Stable
    - Fixed Init.d scripts sequence to avoid boot lag
    - Proper theme patch
    - Kernel Update
    - Updated MIUI base
    - Updated Drivers to Match Latest Nightly
    - Updated SU Binary
    - Wi-Fi Calling Patch Included Now As a MOD - Per community Request.

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.2.3-1 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 2/06/12 - Stable
    - Fixed some bugs
    - Fixed default theme, where it loaded as old version, possible mix up or forgot to update.

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.2.3 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 2/06/12 - Stable
    - Updated drivers to current nightly.
    - Some init scripts removed which caused device to slow on boot.
    - All Previous Tweaks, Updated Apps.
    - Updated to latest MIUIAndroid version.
    - Removed some extra files to create smaller file size.
    - Removed boot-up sound as per community request.
    - Stock kernel updated.

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.1.20 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 1/22/12 - Experimental
    - New Tweaks
    - All Previous Tweaks, Updated Apps.
    - MIUI ROM HAS ITS OWN BUGS (CHINESE CALENDAR AND MMS APP, FC's)

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.1.13-1 Updates [/COLOR][/B] – 1/16/12 - Stable
    - Fixed GPS Bug (thx johndoe1000 for reporting)
    - Fixed Brightness Bug
    - Fixed Slowness Bug
    - Fixed and Updated custom scripts
    - MMS UA changed for Universal Compatibility
    - Updated Kernel to CM7.2 Latest
    - Tweak Phone App for Proximity Speed
    - Added Custom Notifications (must check) :p
    - Fixed Lag Bug
    - Instant Phone Signals

[B][COLOR="Red"]2.1.13 Release[/COLOR][/B] – 1/15/12 - Deprecated
    - Updated Drivers 
    - 4 Way Reboot 
    - Custom Scripts
    - Samsung Calculator
    - Proximity Fix
    - Phone Call Fix
    - DSP Manager
    - More Themes
    - Optimized Apps for Faster Launch & Less Memory Hog
    - MIUI Torch App (Removed Lag)
    - Removed Extra Languages (We Speak English, No need to hog space)
    - Updated Install Script
    - Updated Wi-Fi and Phone Drivers (Better Staibility)
    - Updated RIL

[B][COLOR="Red"]1.12.30 Release[/COLOR][/B] – 12/30/11 – Stable - Deprecated
    - Bug Fixes
    - Updated to Latest Release

[B][COLOR="Red"]1.12.23-1 Update[/COLOR][/B] – 12/24/11 – Stable - Deprecated
    - Bug Fixes

[B][COLOR="Red"]1.12.23 Release[/COLOR][/B] – 12/24/11 - Deprecated
    - Initial release
    Hi guys, i will no longer support this thread once i receive my gn4, which i have already purchased. Just heads up, i will no longer have access to my g2x as well. I will continue to answer questions whats in my hand. Thanks for joining the g2x saga with me.

Sent via G2X-SINGH-UI
    I will try to continue as i love miui, but i have 2 goals i have to meet which are top priorities :)

Sent via G2X-SINGH-UI