[Q] Any way for hdmi??

Search This thread

nitish159

Apr 3, 2012
I have seen apps that can help you stream music and video files over wifi, any possible way to view moto g's screen on a bigger screen (a pc or tv), like devices that can do it simply with an hdmi cable? Any possible way? I had an app that could show my phone's display on pc but that was too slow.

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
I have seen apps that can help you stream music and video files over wifi, any possible way to view moto g's screen on a bigger screen (a pc or tv), like devices that can do it simply with an hdmi cable? Any possible way? I had an app that could show my phone's display on pc but that was too slow.

Not possible, sorry.Moto G does not support MHL nor native HDMI, therefore no way to do that for the moment.

On the other hand Moto G (on 4.4.2) supports Miracast, get that, works fine (Display -> Cast Screen)

Last edited:

nitish159

Apr 3, 2012
Not possible, sorry.Moto G does not support MHL nor native HDMI, therefore no way to do that for the moment.

On the other hand Moto G (on 4.4.2) supports Miracast, get that, works fine (Display -> Cast Screen)

I want my games on a big screen, I know chromecast is just for a few apps, would miracast do the job? Can't there be an app like my screen is played on a big screen over wifi?

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
I want my games on a big screen, I know chromecast is just for a few apps, would miracast do the job? Can't there be an app like my screen is played on a big screen over wifi?
Uh, forget Chromecast, it's very limited.

Miracast works via Wi-Fi direct, without any 3rd party soft in between.But paying games over it may prove to be a pain in the bus, cos it has certain delay (anything above 100ms can be felt).
I've seen Asus advertising a Miracast dongle, where they say it can play games with no delay, cos it being dual-band bla bla bla, but I've never seen it in real, so no idea about it really.