Free RAM is only 13MB :o

Search This thread

dark_prince

May 5, 2007
Islamabad
I am running kavana's WM6.1 English only. It has max free RAM is locked out at 13-14MB (even with Celetask 2.0c's g0dly free memory tweak).

What causes the ram go so low?
When I am running on wife with IE and WMP running in background, My phone gets chocked and I experience severe lockups. On previous T-Mo official rom, it was 22MB

(I was able to get 28MB free on my HTC Torndo w/ WM6.5 previously)

dark_prince

May 5, 2007
Islamabad
What about having a pagepool of 8mb? and how can I define it without cooking the rom / editing nbf :eek: sorry I am noob at rom cooking stuff.

I just want to run Opera Mobile 10 flawlessly with HTC Audio Manager Running in background. Will it work awesome with 4MB?

I am downloading the 4MB pagepool one you have posted the permalink here :)

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
You can change the PP with instructions here no need to cook just patch the .nbh .

Try the ROM provided as runs very smooth also it's the light version so gives more space another way to free tiny bit more is disable MSVC ;)

The PP balances speed v's RAM but on 4.5 with Ricky Remade you hardly notice it, on 6.5's it's a very different story as they using far more processes to start with and lowering the PP really slows it down.

Opera Mobile i'm still running 8.6 "think that's the one" put it this way my gf uses the Excalibur and never has any issue using net etc even though she never shuts down anything lol

dark_prince

May 5, 2007
Islamabad
downloaded, flashed and running flawlessly (just installed my Celetask 2.0c)
Now Installing Opera Mobile 10. Will report :)
Also installation to storage card is a bit slower than the default kavana's rom, I sniff it.

crz6662

Jan 30, 2009
pgh, pa
I am running kavana's WM6.1 English only. It has max free RAM is locked out at 13-14MB (even with Celetask 2.0c's g0dly free memory tweak).

What causes the ram go so low?
When I am running on wife with IE and WMP running in background, My phone gets chocked and I experience severe lockups. On previous T-Mo official rom, it was 22MB

(I was able to get 28MB free on my HTC Torndo w/ WM6.5 previously)

This should help, seems to run on all Roms and included with some.

Attachments

• Oxios_Memory_1.40.cab
    13.3 KB · Views: 15

crz6662

Jan 30, 2009
pgh, pa
Since been bumped gonna ask a question for a change :D

anyone remember the name of the software that closes programs based on a .txt pad with the processes in, it was one click close all in list.

Found it :) http://wwwu.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/apitman/appcloser/index.php its very good software.

Off topic, but I have to ask. Bumped from being a moderator ? I just noticed that under your name it says moderator committee.
What's up with that ?

I actually had that app you were looking for. To late reading the thread, you found it yourself.