samsung galaxy ace won't turn on after installing wrong custom rom!

Search This thread
Aug 29, 2011
idk where should I post, so I make same thread twice :confused:

well, looks like i'm totally f*cked up.
i have samsung galaxy ace (GT-S5830), but I've installed wrong custom rom. it is for GT-S5830i :(

here the rom goes : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2408748

after I press reboot on CWM, it just not powered on anymore. I even test with power supply, when I press power, it does not react!
the other problem is, my volume down key somehow break, so i can't use download mode!
will USB JIG work? it is VERY HARD to search USB JTAG here.

well, if you want to say buy a new phone, i have bought new one.
i bought this ace only for approximately $15 ... so it is not the real problem. but i love this ace somehow ...

Reactions: judyth1978

gouthamgmv

Sep 1, 2011

i have samsung galaxy ace (GT-S5830), but I've installed wrong custom rom. it is for GT-S5830i :(

after I press reboot on CWM, it just not powered on anymore. I even test with power supply, when I press power, it does not react!
the other problem is, my volume down key somehow break, so i can't use download mode!

i bought this ace only for approximately $15 ... so it is not the real problem. but i love this ace somehow ...

I'd say your phone is pretty much bricked.

motoguser

Feb 15, 2014

you should try JIG. It works for most of the cases.:good:
PS: Never try any GT-S5830i custom rom for cooper

Z

Zerien

Well can the phone boot up into recovery mode or totally you get nothing when you pressed on the power button?

D

Deleted member 5617821

It happened the same to me...

When I try, I can get it to recovery mode, what should I do ?

Try installing any custom rom for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 through CWM. If that still doesn't work, flash the stock rom using odin from your Download Mode. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

D

Deleted member 5617821

i have the same problem have some one already fixed it

Usually if you install something not meant for your device, you basically hard-brick that device. If you have hard-bricked your phone, then you will not be able to go to Recovery Mode or Download Mode. In that case, you can try the guide by @SuperMini to force open Download Mode from odin. Here is the link,

How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

If that doesn't work, then you can try the USB Jig (not always guaranteed to work). If USB Jig did work, then it will force open the Download Mode so you can flash stock rom back using odin. If USB Jig doesn't work either, then your last option is to consult the Service Center. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

Reactions: Jejane016

parsnep

Jan 17, 2014
Usually if you install something not meant for your device, you basically hard-brick that device. If you have hard-bricked your phone, then you will not be able to go to Recovery Mode or Download Mode. In that case, you can try the guide by @SuperMini to force open Download Mode from odin. Here is the link,

If that doesn't work, then you can try the USB Jig (not always guaranteed to work). If USB Jig did work, then it will force open the Download Mode so you can flash stock rom back using odin. If USB Jig doesn't work either, then your last option is to consult the Service Center. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

the odin thing didn't work for me :(.
but i don't have USB JIG so i can't try it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

D
    Deleted member 5617821
    i have the same problem have some one already fixed it