[Q] Bad mic... not charging...

Search This thread

marriux2

Nov 1, 2010
Hey guys. Received my S5 yesterday and so far I am not pleased with it. I'm pretty sure that the mic is faulty, as I am getting terrible quality when on the phone. (Oddly enough when I am on speaker or using the headphone microphone, people heard me just fine.)

Furthermore, the phone won't charge! It keeps saying that there is no cable plugged in, even though it is. Even more weird, the phone is recognized just fine by my computer and I can move things around on the internal and external memory, but it won't charge. I cleaned the port and tried everything I could think of (factory reset and all that) and still no success. If it does somehow start charging, the phone goes into charging for 6 seconds and then stops. I managed to charge it about 1 percent in an hour.

Any tips on what I could do? Taking it to T-Mobile tomorrow but in the meantime I thought I might ask for suggestions or opinions, especially since right now it is hovering at 9%$ battery life and will soon die.

Last edited:

bzlik88

Jul 14, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I think if you ordered it you'll be forced to send it back for a replacement. The store will only replace it if u bought it from the store.

I had this happen to me but several years ago so idk if this is still true.

Either way good luck.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda app-developers app

marriux2

Nov 1, 2010
Hey guys quick update. Yes I am using the same cable to charge and connect, and I also tried another cable from my Note 3 so I know that for some reason the port is the issue.

Went to the store today and was told that I had to handle the return over the phone since the order was placed online. Extremely inconvenient as I have to put up with the damaged device for a few more days, but at least they are using overnight shipping so it will be here by Monday. To anyone that might read this and got their phone online, don't bother going to the store and just call T-Mobile if something went wrong and you need an exchange.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: undercover nerd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys quick update. Yes I am using the same cable to charge and connect, and I also tried another cable from my Note 3 so I know that for some reason the port is the issue.

Went to the store today and was told that I had to handle the return over the phone since the order was placed online. Extremely inconvenient as I have to put up with the damaged device for a few more days, but at least they are using overnight shipping so it will be here by Monday. To anyone that might read this and got their phone online, don't bother going to the store and just call T-Mobile if something went wrong and you need an exchange.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app