[Q] Has anyone ever managed multiple tabs before?

Search This thread

dapana

Jun 7, 2011
I work at a K12, and we have 32 tabs to lend out to teachers for use in their classrooms. So far, they've only used them to read books on Amazon's Kindle, but we have requests coming in about "can they do this, and can they do that?" which has me researching, is there a good way to manage these devices?

We have iPads that are managed by Apple's Configurator program, and it's decent, but still lacks a lot of function in itself. I'm wondering if there is a way to manage the Tabs from one computer in such a program where I can tell the tabs what they can and can't do (user access) and what admins can do (install apps/remove permissions/grant permissions, etc). Has anyone ever dealt with this before?

G

GuestK0058

I work at a K12, and we have 32 tabs to lend out to teachers for use in their classrooms. So far, they've only used them to read books on Amazon's Kindle, but we have requests coming in about "can they do this, and can they do that?" which has me researching, is there a good way to manage these devices?

We have iPads that are managed by Apple's Configurator program, and it's decent, but still lacks a lot of function in itself. I'm wondering if there is a way to manage the Tabs from one computer in such a program where I can tell the tabs what they can and can't do (user access) and what admins can do (install apps/remove permissions/grant permissions, etc). Has anyone ever dealt with this before?

The only app (as far as I know) to remotely manage Android devices is AirDroid. I believe there is also TeamViewer available.