[Kernel]Defuse Kernel v1.4 - Voodoo Sound/Lagfix (Updated 06-20-2011)

Search This thread

Frooty

May 29, 2011
Yeah just the bottom four keys lit up. I believe that's all it's really supposed to do but I'm not sure.

razor950

Aug 2, 2010
Hialeah
this has ffc fixed but video decoding I know what it is and it is probably why you got rebooted tysnemi....

so yes please all wait until I update tomorrow, its a quick fix but I'll be sure to test next update more before releasing but not having a phone kinda makes me want to release :p

rjan22

Oct 21, 2009
this has ffc fixed but video decoding I know what it is and it is probably why you got rebooted tysnemi....

so yes please all wait until I update tomorrow, its a quick fix but I'll be sure to test next update more before releasing but not having a phone kinda makes me want to release :p

How do you do this without an Infuse? Amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

bradbusa

Jun 3, 2011
Can someone with this kernel perform benchmark on quadrant to see how it performs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
Quadrant locks up when I tried to run it with this kernel. Went back to gtg's infused kernel.

Rz950 should have this fixed tonight and I will update Refuse with the new kernel.

Quadrant not running doesn't mean you should just trash a kernel lol. Quadrant is garbage on a non-snapdragon processor anyways :p.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
Yea dont care about quad just want ffc back again lol im sure razors kernel will.be freakin sick. I can wait thank you razor and h8t!

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
I didnt trash anyones kernel im excited for it theres always bugs i.just stated the issue and am going.to wait untill he fixes it and boom installed

razor950

Aug 2, 2010
Hialeah
Updated kernel on first post...

FFC works fine and quadrant finishes, so both bugs are fixed :)
Sorry for the troubles from that.

h8rift will update his rom later today but you can use refuse 1.4 with the updated kernel :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, this kernel aims to be fast and stable and have good battery life. It should be what the infuse comes with.

Latest features:
    - Compiled using codesourcery 2009 (will be updated to 2010 which brings optimizations and speed)

This kernel has/is:
    - Works on all voodoo enabled roms
    - Currently not included neldar's BackLightNotification 2.3
    - Includes supercurio's Voodoo Sound v9
    - Includes jhash3 function for performance and reliability
    - Adjusted kernel HZ value to improve smoothness
    - Properly working TinyRCU for better speed and efficiency
    - Patched lowmemorykiller for compatibility with TinyRCU
    - Modified Initramfs for performance
    - BFQ is the default i/o scheduler (other i/o schedulers will be tested as time goes by)

If your keeping up with h8rift's rom Refuse(1.4 and up) then your using my kernel :)

Everyone else, the zip is for flashing via cwm and the tar is to flash via odin.

Note: I do own a infuse as of 06/17 but if you'd like to donate because of
    my work, feel free to do so and thanks :)

SOURCE is UPDATED:
    https://github.com/razor950/Defuse-Kernel

Changelog
    V1.0
    - Implemented tinyrcu and lowmemkiller
    - Implemented neldar's BackLightNotification 2.3
    - Kernel HZ is at 500
    V1.1
    - fixed video memory bug (this fixed ffc / video decoding)
    V1.2
    - implemented supercurio's voodoo sound
    - added jhash3 function for speed and better reliability
    v1.3
    - fixed BLN issues, it can be turned off now within the bln controls :)
    v1.4
    - added ext4 patchset (LinuxBozo)
    - implemented BFQ I/O scheduler and set it as default (LinuxBozo)
    - minor compiler flags for optimization (still need to add to this)
    - modified initramfs tweaked for performance (LinuxBozo)
    - BLN is off for now due to it being too random with bugs (no eta when it'll be back)
    I know there is a bln bug, if its the kernel or the bln software it is not known yet, I am not mad at getting bug comments but spammed about the same bug which I know is there becomes a bit too much, so please relax bln doesn't kill battery at all even if it were on 24/7.....

at most it is just a annoyance and I am looking at it.
    here is a teaser of whats coming in a few :)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32004042/snap20110614_203919.png

hoofadoo took that picture and his one of the testers

Testers have reported no issues and voodoo sound works fine...
    if the rom is a voodoo rom then yes, you can flash my kernel but if it isn't then you can not.
    I'm not trying to be rude, but this bug is definitely happening. I downloaded and flashed the kernel multiple times and still have the same issues. I'm only reporting it for the benefit of the developer. If bln is included in a kernel, it should work properly. Saying things like, "who uses bln anyways ", and "just be glad you have Voodoo" is not helping development. The problem has been reported by a few people in this thread and we're all just trying to help the dev out. He doesn't have the phone, so we're doing the testing, and as an experienced captivate user, I can respectfully say, bln is not working properly. The touchkeys time out after about five seconds or so, and shouldn't come on when touched while the screen is off. Once again, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying what I've experienced with the kernel.