[ROM] Update (7/23/12) Tweaked Stock BETA 5.0 (3G Only) | Stock ICS | AROMA

Search This thread

77lupin77

Jan 30, 2011
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I can, but need to ask the author of the themes. I'll do that.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

How nice of you man.... thanks for that :)

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Also, I am trying an odexed ROM now. A friend of mine over on the HTC Verizon forums makes his ROMs odexed, as, theoretically, they should be a bit faster, as the optimized dex files load faster...the drawback is that most themes/mods are made for deodexed ROMs, so they have to be redone for the odexed ones. Oh, and odexed ROMs are (edit, ok, maybe not "much") bigger in size...

In this case, it appears the status bar themes are for odexed ROMs, but they are EASILY made deodexed compatible, and I have asked the creator for permission to deodex and post in his thread. However, as I am about to flash the odexed version of stock ZSKL2, with some tweaks, to see how it runs, it may be my new base...if so, eznow's kernel and the themes will work. I just need to code my own mods (power menu, TW launcvher tweaks, etc.) to work with the odexed version.

Steve

I cant wait to see these themes on your ROM.... :D:D

haidharbbc

Feb 22, 2012
ok steve..thnxs!really glad to hear it..can't wait for it

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

FernandoMiguel

Aug 16, 2009
London
FernandoMiguel.net
stuck on boot!

I too am getting stuck on boot!
NWQq0.jpg

i nandroided, wiped via cwr, flashed zip from external sd, and when it rebooted it was stuck on samsung logo!

restored nandroid to my stock rooted rom!

so is it a radio/basehand thingy or does it need deeper cleaning?

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
I too am getting stuck on boot!
NWQq0.jpg

i nandroided, wiped via cwr, flashed zip from external sd, and when it rebooted it was stuck on samsung logo!

restored nandroid to my stock rooted rom!

so is it a radio/basehand thingy or does it need deeper cleaning?

I believe I have the issue fixed and will be posting rc2 this week. Should prevent the few incompatibility issues we have seen.

Steve

kidd78

Mar 5, 2007
Can't wait for RC2, my only problem with rc1 is when I play Plants Versus Zombies HD. I assume its a ported version but since changing to this rom the game does stutter to load and stutter when playing the game even crashing out. Everything else seems to be good for me, even removed the sleep of death as its called.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Can't wait for RC2, my only problem with rc1 is when I play Plants Versus Zombies HD. I assume its a ported version but since changing to this rom the game does stutter to load and stutter when playing the game even crashing out. Everything else seems to be good for me, even removed the sleep of death as its called.

The gaming issue is also fixed. Or at least I played shadow gun for an hour with no hiccups....

taklukjagat

Feb 23, 2009
KayL
Hi steve. Nice ROM u've got there. I issue 1 have with RC1. I selected swype keyboard for inputs, but after a while the system revert to android keyboard. I reselect swype and later it came back to android keyboard again. Any clue?

Last edited:

teiglin

Jul 7, 2011
Hi steve. Nice ROM u've got there. I issue 1 have with RC1. I selected swype keyboard for inputs, but after a while the system revert to android keyboard. I reselect swype and later it came back to android keyboard again. Any clue?

On other devices, I've seen the keyboard revert to default after clearing RAM--have you done this? Clearing RAM is generally not useful anyway.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
On other devices, I've seen the keyboard revert to default after clearing RAM--have you done this? Clearing RAM is generally not useful anyway.

This is also my observation. If you notice, I have a pretty aggressive RAM script on the ROM (you should generally have at least 150-200 MB free at most times. Check it out...). You shouldn't really need to clear the RAM manually. if that is what happened.

Steve

pspilot

Mar 30, 2008
Bavaria
old habit, i'm clearing my RAM every 30 mins, on average.:p
Bad habit, the worst you can do to Android. And then: what the heck do people feel about an 'empty RAM'? I mean, is it holding longer, when it's always 'nice and tidy' :)? What's RAM for if it's not used? Plus I can garantee you, there is no such thing like an 'empty RAM' - there's always something in it. Just when you clear it the content is useless ... :D.

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
I am unable to grab the RC2 since the host only gives me 10-15Kb/s and it takes 9-11hrs of waiting time to download it, been trying at different times of the day, still no go.

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
About RAM, on my gt7.7 it shows 204 used and 262 free (at the moment), so the total available is only 466. Is this normal for gt7.7? I know that some of the 1GB is reserved for GPU, but so much? On my Tegra 2 powered GT8.9 and GT10.1 the total available is over 700 MB.

teiglin

Jul 7, 2011
About RAM, on my gt7.7 it shows 204 used and 262 free (at the moment), so the total available is only 466. Is this normal for gt7.7? I know that some of the 1GB is reserved for GPU, but so much? On my Tegra 2 powered GT8.9 and GT10.1 the total available is over 700 MB.

User-level RAM management is a complete mess on android devices. If I go to Task Manger's RAM manager, it claims I have 549MB used out of 766MB. If I go to Settings->Applications->Memory usage, it claims I have 132MB used and 372MB free. Not sure what one can conclude from that except that I have no idea what the apps are actually reporting.

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
User-level RAM management is a complete mess on android devices. If I go to Task Manger's RAM manager, it claims I have 549MB used out of 766MB. If I go to Settings->Applications->Memory usage, it claims I have 132MB used and 372MB free. Not sure what one can conclude from that except that I have no idea what the apps are actually reporting.

Ok, i never looked in Task Manager. The total value shown there makes more sense.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (7/23/12) Tweaked Stock for GT-P6800 Version 5.0

This is the BETA release of my tweaked stock ROM, based off of the new XXLQ1 Firmware. It uses AROMA to install the ROM and gives the user quite a bit of choice as to what apps to install. There are also some choices for mods and fonts, but these are limited ATM. I HAVE NOT tested all of the AROMA options in terms of apps and fonts, but there is nothing that will break anything...;).

This is a BETA release, so please don't flash unless you are willing to accept the risk of some bugs....no screenshots test, as it is stock...

Features

- Based on Official Firmware XXLQ1 (ATO);
    - Deodexed,
    - Zipaligned,
    - AROMA 2.0 Installer;
    - Stock kernel,
    - Init.d support;
    -Removed CPU rendering, full GPU rendering;
    - init.d scripts include: RAM management and VM tweaks, zipalign, flash memory performance and more,
    - build.prop tweaks for improved screen responsiveness, keeping home app in memory, etc.,
    - Most widgets and icons removed from homescreen to make it cleaner and easier to customize (see screenshot),
    - Optimized pngs and smali/xml launcher/framework tweaks for a smoother TW experience,
    - See change log, in post #2...

Coming Very Soon

- Advanced/extended power menu (debugging now...)

Known Issues

-Homescreen is a bit messy when you first boot, depending on what you install via AROMA.... In the final, I will have all widgets, removed and app shortcuts aligned, so you have a clean slate.
    - You tell me....

INSTALLATION

1. Make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM,

2. Download the flashable .zip file you want below,

3. Reboot into clockwork mod recovery,

4. You must flash the XXLQ1 ICS firmware via ODIN/Heimdall before flashing this ROM! Also, a data wipe is strongly recommended before flashing Thanks.

5. Flash the ROM zip in recovery, following the prompts in the AROMA installer (NOTE: on the custom install menu you need to use the volume keys to scroll up and down, working on this...),

6. Let it boot up and then go through the setup wizard,

7. Let the widgets load up and things settle, sync., etc.,

8. Enjoy, and please post bugs in the thread, if any ( "XDA App keeps force closing" is NOT a bug....;)).

9. If you like the ROM, please hit the thanks button....:)!

DOWNLOAD

ROM

(Mirror 1, more to come, if needed): http://d-h.st/pNd

Samsung Apps

http://d-h.st/mSz

PLEASE NOTE:
    • This ROM will flash the modem.bin from the ATO firmware. This should not be an issue for users, but I just want you to know...I have it in there for beta testing purposes, and will remove in future releases...
    • If you use tegrak or some other over-clocking app, or if you restore data with Titanium Backup, please do not post bugs you may have when using those programs. The same goes for restoring system data via Titanium Backup. I cannot debug issues arising from their use.

Thanks/Credits
    • lowtraxx for helping me with the broken fonts issue...
    • More to come...

WARNING/DISCLAIMER

As with all custom ROMs, you flash the ROM and any other items linked to in this post or the remainder of this thread at your own risk. I cannot and will not be held responsible for anything that may happen to your phone, others or you as a result of flashing this ROM.
    Change Log

Version 3.0--->Version 5.0

• [*Initial Release of ICS Version

Version 2.0--->Version 3.0
    • Went back to XXLA4 base, completely rebuilt, with all apks optimized;
    • Removed CPU rendering, full GPU rendering;
    • Added some init.d tweaks to increase ext4 I/O speed,
    • revamped RAM, priorities, handler and vm tweaks;
    • incrased sdcard readahead to 2048,
    • added modded stock launcher from 10.1 that has also been optimized (still not as smooth as TW launcher, IMHO), with smali code altered to work with sqlite version in the firmware;
    • added back memo and a couple of other apps (Kies, etc.) to lite base;
    • Other dorky stuff I am sure I forgot...

Final v 1-->version 2.0
    • Completely rebuilt from newest official firmware DXBL3;
    • Only one version available (should work over all firmware, but see "Please Note" in OP). This is a "Lite Version";
    • Made Samsung App flashable zip available for those who want full ROM;
    • Working HideBar App;
    • Increased free memory in supercharger script;
    • Removed TCP tweaks from build.prop;
    • Redid allanimations in framework and launcher to increase speed/smoothness and reduce lag;
    • Probably a lot more I forgot...

RC3-->Final
    • De-symlinked system/app and data/app_s;
    • Added noatime flash memory tweaks;
    • added drop caches script to (hopefully) reduce lag in homescreen;
    • Messed with the animations a bit to speed them up;
    • More optimizations of Samsung TW apks to at least make them work better (wish I could get rid of them...);
    • Minor speed and battery tweaks;
    • More I am sure I forgot...

RC2-->RC3
    • Changed kernel flash method to improve (hopefully solve) problems with flashing onto some stock firmware;
    • Fixed app drawer background;
    • removed some init.d scripts I felt were extraneous;
    • Speed tweaks (let me know)...

RC1-->RC2
    • Fixed issue in kernel flash that (I hope) was preventing some users phone to force close/bootloop on startup;
    • Fixed issues with some apps and games crashing (again,..:));
    • Symlinked /system/app/ to /data/app/ to offload some data on the system partition;
    • Moved some apps to /data/app so they can be uninstalled;
    • Adjusted the RAM script settings to be less aggressive, but hopefully just as effective;
    • tweaked VM settings;
    • removed some init.d scripts I felt were not adding all that much (make things simpler);
    • further tinkering with framework to smooth out TW interface. I find that the only noticeable lag now is after closing out a program, there is a fraction of a secon of lag when switching home screens. I hope to remove this by the final release...
    Removed Apps & Extras

List of Removed Apps

Again, these can be re-added with the "SamsungApps.zip" in the OP,a will be an option in AROMA next version...
    Kies
    MobilePrint
    Samsung Apps
    Version 2.0

Version 2.0 is up in the OP. Please consider hitting the thanks button if you download. about 10k downloads over the past month and about 200 thanks...;). Thanks!

Steve
    Version 3.0 Up

Hey all,

Version 3.0 is up in the OP, along with the AOSP launcher add-on. Please hit the thanks button if you like it. thanks!

Steve