[Q] Question about Tmobile KitKat update...

Search This thread

cheetahcat79

Feb 28, 2014
Hello, newbie here. Not a dev, but I've been flashing roms on my last few phones and I'd like to think i have half a clue what I'm doing, lol.

Was reading through this thread...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2664652&page=4

I'm currently running CloudyStock 1.0 with TWRP 2.6.3.5. I understand i can keep root by flashing SuperSU right after flashing the ROM, but will it cause problems if i flash any other mods before rebooting (like the walkman mod, for instance)?

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
So I flashed this rom last night. Works great and still rooted. IMHO since your coming from different Android versions I would not flash a mod in the middle of flashing a new rom.
1. It may not be compatible with 4.4.2 framework etc.
2. Much like you I've been around this for awhile and it seems like with this phone there is no really easy way to get back to a previous version of Android without wiping everything. Upon flashing this rom the Kit Kat version overwrites the TWRP or custom recovery.
Personally I would wait to flash mods until someone cracks this and makes it where TWRP can work with Kit Kat. Which will not take too long I imagine. Xposed doesn't work yet with 4.4.2 missing that... Hope this helps!

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: cheetahcat79

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I flashed this rom last night. Works great and still rooted. IMHO since your coming from different Android versions I would not flash a mod in the middle of flashing a new rom.
    1. It may not be compatible with 4.4.2 framework etc.
    2. Much like you I've been around this for awhile and it seems like with this phone there is no really easy way to get back to a previous version of Android without wiping everything. Upon flashing this rom the Kit Kat version overwrites the TWRP or custom recovery.
    Personally I would wait to flash mods until someone cracks this and makes it where TWRP can work with Kit Kat. Which will not take too long I imagine. Xposed doesn't work yet with 4.4.2 missing that... Hope this helps!

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app