Previously installed app will not download after downgrade from CM9

Search This thread

zombolt

Mar 29, 2011
Went from the CM7.2 stable kang to cm9a1 kang back to the same cm7.2 stable kang and I cannot download a previously installed app. Not sure if any other apps are affected.. Any thoughts this are greatly appreciated. I need my music!

**update** I tried to include screen shots but my newb status is preventing me from doing so.

The app in question is Live Phish. The message in play store is "your device is not compatable with this item."

here's my configuration:
baseband: 2.15.00.0808
incredikernal 2.6.38.8
cyanogenmod-7.2.0-RC0-inc-KANG
build: 3/14/12

ran all the scripts in the dev section if that matters.
i44.tinypic.com/33yszk8.jpg
i42.tinypic.com/mbs3d2.png

zombolt

Mar 29, 2011
That is a good question. Maybe I will try going back to cm7.1, download the app, then flash the 7.2 kang with no wipe?

zombolt

Mar 29, 2011
Tried downgrading to cm6 because i wanted to see what it was like and i was able to download the app but no dice after reflashing the 7.2 kang. I guess that leaves flashing 7.1 and not wiping before flashing back to the 7.2 kang. Out of curiousity, What is the difference between the 7.2 stable kang and the 7.2 pons?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
Just some open commits (check my changelog). I'll have to go back through it, but nothing should affect the market.

Last edited:

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Tried downgrading to cm6 because i wanted to see what it was like and i was able to download the app but no dice after reflashing the 7.2 kang. I guess that leaves flashing 7.1 and not wiping before flashing back to the 7.2 kang. Out of curiousity, What is the difference between the 7.2 stable kang and the 7.2 pons?

Cant you just download the app on a rom that allows it, copy the apk from /data to your sdcard, install 7.2 kang and then install the app from the sdcard by clicking on it and selecting install?

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
If it worked on an ICS ROM and not a GB one, try editing your build.prop, located /system/build.prop. Compare the two values for ro.build.fingerprint (which is mainly what the play store looks at, that and LCD Density), and change the values to what ICS shows. Then reboot, clear market data, and try again. If this doesn't work, or if you need help with the process, let me know.

zombolt

Mar 29, 2011
Sorry i am not on your level with this, but i am willing to learn! Does isolating the apk of a pay app require anything more than a root explorer? What would be the path to find those apks?

Jodsfk421

Aug 1, 2011
Seattle
Went from the CM7.2 stable kang to cm9a1 kang back to the same cm7.2 stable kang and I cannot download a previously installed app. Not sure if any other apps are affected.. Any thoughts this are greatly appreciated. I need my music!

CM9 on the Inc? Where did you get this from? Was it working? Alpha/Beta?

Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited: