HELP! Is my phone completely bricked ?

Search This thread

Hewvarhoo

Apr 2, 2014
Ok so yesterday I installed Viper One S 3.1.2 on my phone ( HTC One S - S4 of course ), first it worked perfectly and flawless then i rebooted my phone into recovery to install the wifi fix and camera sense 5 mod v0.2. After that, i reboot my phone again, and it did had the logo of htc and viper team, but when it booted completely, it only has the status bar and a black screen and then it rebooted itself after 15-20s and then stucked into a bootloop. Sometimes it boots as normal as it did before i installed those mods, i tried to hold the power button to choose the "boot in to bootloader" option but it didnt even appeared the power option :( So right now i can't not boot my phone into bootloader ( even by holding volume down and power button ) and recovery, It reboots itself so fast that my computer can't recognize it to run the RUU :( Is my phone completely bricked ?

Recovery TWRP 2.5 ?
Hboot 1.14
Radio < 1.20

I don't remember those information much so i'm sorry :crying:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Ok so yesterday I installed Viper One S 3.1.2 on my phone ( HTC One S - S4 of course ), first it worked perfectly and flawless then i rebooted my phone into recovery to install the wifi fix and camera sense 5 mod v0.2. After that, i reboot my phone again, and it did had the logo of htc and viper team, but when it booted completely, it only has the status bar and a black screen and then it rebooted itself after 15-20s and then stucked into a bootloop. Sometimes it boots as normal as it did before i installed those mods, i tried to hold the power button to choose the "boot in to bootloader" option but it didnt even appeared the power option :( So right now i can't not boot my phone into bootloader ( even by holding volume down and power button ) and recovery, It reboots itself so fast that my computer can't recognize it to run the RUU :( Is my phone completely bricked ?

Recovery TWRP 2.5 ?
Hboot 1.14
Radio < 1.20

I don't remember those information much so i'm sorry :crying:

Is your phone "S-OFF"?

You need HBoot 2.16 for radio 1.20. Otherwise HBoot 2.15 is recommended.

Turn your phone off by pressing Power for 10 seconds. Then press "Vol down and power" to enter bootloader.

BTW how about first READ whats required before installing a rom...

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
First and biggest mistake was to flash a mod that was not certified to work with Viper. In all the Viper threads (the old 2.x and the new 3.x one), it is stated NOT to flash any mod cause it might break the ROM. There are files replaced and those in Viper are tweaked by the Viper Dev team to work with Venom HUB and the themes and tweaks there. Mods usually replace framework-res.apk and if this happens you could have a non working ROM if the new framework-res file is not compatible with the rest of the ROM.

Follow the steps indicated by LS.xD to enter bootloader again. There's no reason for which you could not boot to bootloader again. Disconnect any power from phone, keep the power button hold for about 12-15 secs until you're sure phone is powered off (eventually you'll notice a faint flash on screen when it's turning off). Then hold vol-down and keep it presed while you press and hold power button for 2-3 secs. Continue to keep pressed the vol-down until the bootloader screen appears. Then go to recovery and reflash the ROM. Since you're on hboot 1.14, if you're not S-Off (you didn't mentioned anything about this), you should flash the kernel in fastboot. If you're S-Off you won't need this. Basically you should follow again the exact steps you followed first time when you flashed the ROM

And don't flash any mods again

Hewvarhoo

Apr 2, 2014
First and biggest mistake was to flash a mod that was not certified to work with Viper. In all the Viper threads (the old 2.x and the new 3.x one), it is stated NOT to flash any mod cause it might break the ROM. There are files replaced and those in Viper are tweaked by the Viper Dev team to work with Venom HUB and the themes and tweaks there. Mods usually replace framework-res.apk and if this happens you could have a non working ROM if the new framework-res file is not compatible with the rest of the ROM.

Follow the steps indicated by LS.xD to enter bootloader again. There's no reason for which you could not boot to bootloader again. Disconnect any power from phone, keep the power button hold for about 12-15 secs until you're sure phone is powered off (eventually you'll notice a faint flash on screen when it's turning off). Then hold vol-down and keep it presed while you press and hold power button for 2-3 secs. Continue to keep pressed the vol-down until the bootloader screen appears. Then go to recovery and reflash the ROM. Since you're on hboot 1.14, if you're not S-Off (you didn't mentioned anything about this), you should flash the kernel in fastboot. If you're S-Off you won't need this. Basically you should follow again the exact steps you followed first time when you flashed the ROM

And don't flash any mods again

Um thanks for your help guys, i wasnt aware of the requirements much, but the problem is now i cant get my phone into bootloader by holding power button and volume down :crying:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Tried Power off manually by pressing "power" for 10+ seconds? When phone turns off immediately release power and press "vol down + power"

Sent from my loved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk :)