[GUIDE] MyPhone Agua RIO Lite S4700 Root,Tweaks,Hacks,Custom Port ROM & Users Thread

Is Myphone RIO Lite a bang for buck compared to Other Phones

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

bloodyrose

Apr 22, 2013
Manila
www.facebook.com
[GUIDE] MyPhone Agua RIO Lite S4700 Root,Tweaks,Hacks,Custom Port ROM & Users Thread

Presenting MyPhone Agua Rio Lite S4700

MyPhone Agua Rio Lite is the successor to MyPhone's best-selling MyPhone Agua Rio. It is a budget mid-range android smartphone with decent specifications released in the Philippines on April 2014. It has a 4.7" IPS display. It also have a quad-core Cortex A7 processor, with each core clocked at a maximum 1.3 GHz. Upon launch it is very cheap at a price of P3,999 or $90.91 US Dollar. It's also available in various vibrant colors. It's an alleged re-branded clone of Micromax Unite 2 A106 on India, Wiko Bloom on Russia and QMobile Noir i5.

MyPhone-Rio-Lite.jpg

MyPhone Agua Rio Lite S4700 Specifications
Dimensions: 138.5 x 71.5 x 9.5 mm
Display: 4.7 inch WVGA 480 x 800 pixels IPS display
Camera: 5 MegaPixel autofocus camera with LED flash, 2 MegaPixel front
Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth and 3G HSPA+ connectivity support
Network: Dual SIM Dual Standby capability
Battery: Removable 2,000 mAh Li-Ion
CPU: 1.3 GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU
GPU: 416 MHz Mali-400 MP2 GPU
Soc: MediaTek MT6582
RAM: 512 MB
Memory: 4 GB ROM
Storage: MicroSD card slot supporting up to 32 GB (64/128GB FAT32 Format)

Before proceeding please read thoroughly and understand

#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

If you fully understand and willing to take the risk please proceed and have fun :)

Rooting:
Install Framaroot 1.9+
Install SU
Choose "Barahir"
Reboot
Pray
Enjoy!
Hits Thanks button :)

------------------------------

Swap SD and Internal SD:
Root your phone (Framaroot 1.9+)
Install and run Root Explorer
Mount System as (R/W)
Copy vold.fstab
Paste (and overwrite) vold.fstab in system>etc
Reboot
Pray
Enjoy!

Notes:
1. Downloads is at 2nd Post...
2. Sir tanmoy4 reported that Framaroot 1.9 doesn't work for Micromax Unite 2 A106 sorry folks

More Guides

1. Kernel Source
  2. Breaking News Mediatek Sources
  3. Backup protect_f, protect_s and nvram of Myphone Agua RIO Lite S4700
  4. Get Readback backup of full stock ROM dump for MTK MediaTek Smartphone (Credits to sir Rnovino)
  5. CTR / CWM Recovery for Myphone Agua RIO Lite S4700 (Credits to sir Princeton Miel Jurilla)
  6. Things that might wok on Myphone Agua RIO Lite S4700 (Credits to sir Sudeep Duhoon)
  7. More Custom ROMS

Last edited:

bloodyrose

Apr 22, 2013
Manila
www.facebook.com
im using this phone now and noticed that there's nothing or no one interested in developing for it..i hope this forum would eventually attract fellow users of this phone to boost its functionality..its internals are almost the same as Myphone Agua RIO, Explay Fresh and Wiko Rainbow..if anyone of you knows any rebrand of this unit pls post it here to be able to attract common users of this phone

Update:
sir sudeep duhoon suggested that myphone rio is same as micromax unite 2 A106 (confirmation needed)

Last edited:

yugoap

Jun 2, 2014
sir, can you upload the stockrom of micromax a106? i need for port to my MT6582M phone
:good::good::good:

tanmoy4

May 30, 2014
framaroot shows error !!

sir, your phone is same as Micromax Unite 2 A106 just the ram in unite 2 is 1 GB....i tried to root using framaroot , it showed 3 options namely barahir, boromir and farahir but none of them worked....selecting any of the three showed error. btw still thanks for the response to my post.

Reactions: jkenneth

bloodyrose

Apr 22, 2013
Manila
www.facebook.com
sorry

sir, your phone is same as Micromax Unite 2 A106 just the ram in unite 2 is 1 GB....i tried to root using framaroot , it showed 3 options namely barahir, boromir and farahir but none of them worked....selecting any of the three showed error. btw still thanks for the response to my post.

ah now its confirmed that its not really the same maybe because of unite2 is running 4.4 KK
ill try to look for other exploit and update everyone :)

bloodyrose

Apr 22, 2013
Manila
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

bfrowsky10

Jun 29, 2014
Forgot to back-up my vold.fstab file

Sir, i forgot to back-up my vold.fstab file. If ever kung gusto ko mag unswap sa SD at internal storage ko, kaya lang na rewrite na yung file. May paraan paba para, maka kuha akung ng ganun na file?

bloodyrose

Apr 22, 2013
Manila
www.facebook.com
Sir, i forgot to back-up my vold.fstab file. If ever kung gusto ko mag unswap sa SD at internal storage ko, kaya lang na rewrite na yung file. May paraan paba para, maka kuha akung ng ganun na file?

it is possible sir..dont worry i will make and post a stock vold.fstab here..just give me sometime ok :)

Update: Sir just look for the vold.fstab.bak on my gdrive folder and just repeat the instructions above to regain your default SD setup :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bfrowsky10

coldbreaker1993

Jul 11, 2014
myphone agua rio fun

Hai to all.. I bougth myphone agua rio fun 2 weeks ago. So far I'm satisfied by its performance. But theres one think.. 145 mb lang ang storage ko taz 300+ lang ang ram. Ok lang kung d ako mag lalaro. I really want to play nfs mostwanted in my phone.. I searched the net for ways on how to increase its internal and ram storage so that the phone can meet the standard requirements such as 2gb internal and 1gb ram. It only requires 1ghz of cpu frequenzy and I have 1.3ghz so think its ok.. Nitong naka lipas na araw palahe nalang may message na nag popromt sa screen saying "internal memory full. Delete some apps". Pokemon lang naman at TC HAWx ang game ko dati at dmga dictionary.
Sa tingin ko memory swap talaga kailangan ko..

Questions.

1. How can I backup my stock rom so that in case of bootloop, I can just flash it to my phone??
2. I've seen technoclast rooting Myphone Agua Rio. Quadcore po yun. Dual core lang sa akin.
Pareha lang po ba sila ng process sa pag root ng agua rio at ng agua rio fun?
3. Does memory swap hasten my memory card life? I have sandisk 8gb sd card with a write speed of 5.8
4. What will happened if my memorycard will corrupt after a month (memory swap done) ? Does it affect system? Will it break?

It would be better if i will saw a video. Thinks po . sana matulongan niyo ako..supernewbei ako sa android. Symbian kase ako before

bloodyrose

Apr 22, 2013
Manila
www.facebook.com

1. Get Readback backup of full stock ROM dump for MTK MediaTek Smartphone (Credits to sir Rnovino)
2. Use framaroot and follow the instruction above. yes their rooting process is almost same.
3. Yes memory swap hasten my memory card life, better use greenify (pls google it).
4. No, it will not directly affect the system. But you should backup before trying anything.

Note: better use tricks made for MTK 6572 processor based phones.

coldbreaker1993

Jul 11, 2014
Thank you very much sir... I love this phone and think I can do some tweaks to make it more powerful... Now I have viper4android and I love the quality of the music very much... I'm planning to flash new rom. Cyanogen so that I can use the reaver app...

Thanks again sir...

hey buddy, thanks for making this thread.
Qmobile Noir i5 Pakistan is also rebrand/clone of aqua rio lite.
QMobile Noir i5 Spec
i searched for meta-inf script for my phone but could get it anywhere so i tried Qmobile Noir i9 clone of Aqua RIO meta-inf script with my stock rom and surprisingly it worked for me :p
here the script for you guys, give it try ;)
Meta-INF Zip Script

Last edited:

fated07

Aug 9, 2014
Links not updated

Hi most of your links are not updated anymore. there is a lot of resource for MMX Unite 2. checked and same specs.

Vicky khan

Apr 14, 2013
Wew this is great sir another clone of my pre-loved RIO Lite ..unfortunately i have lost it yesterday :(

Im sorry sir my bad but unfortunately i have lost it yesterday i hope someone would continue to post devs on this phone ..pls check out this roms for us

Thank you everyone :)
Can i port Myphone rio lite rom on Qmobile noir i5 a rebranded clone in pakistan Plz Reply
?:confused:

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

MyPhone Agua Rio Lite is the successor to MyPhone's best-selling MyPhone Agua Rio. It is a budget mid-range android smartphone with decent specifications released in the Philippines on April 2014. It has a 4.7" IPS display. It also have a quad-core Cortex A7 processor, with each core clocked at a maximum 1.3 GHz. Upon launch it is very cheap at a price of P3,999 or $90.91 US Dollar. It's also available in various vibrant colors. It's an alleged re-branded clone of Micromax Unite 2 A106 on India, Wiko Bloom on Russia and QMobile Noir i5.

MyPhone-Rio-Lite.jpg

If you fully understand and willing to take the risk please proceed and have fun :)

Rooting:
Install Framaroot 1.9+
Install SU
Choose "Barahir"
Reboot
Pray
Enjoy!

Swap SD and Internal SD:
Mount System as (R/W)
Copy vold.fstab
Reboot
Pray
Enjoy!

Notes:
2. Sir tanmoy4 reported that Framaroot 1.9 doesn't work for Micromax Unite 2 A106 sorry folks

More Guides

1. Backup protect_f, protect_s and nvram of Myphone Agua RIO Lite S4700
  2. Get Readback backup of full stock ROM dump for MTK MediaTek Smartphone (Credits to sir Rnovino)
  3. CTR / CWM Recovery for Myphone Agua RIO Lite S4700 (Credits to sir Princeton Miel Jurilla)
  4. Android 4.4.2 Kitkat for Myphone Agua RIO Lite S4700 (Credits to sir gregsontee)
  5. Stock ROM Myphone Agua RIO Lite S4700 (Credits to sir fonehacker)
  6. Things that might wok on Myphone Agua RIO Lite S4700 (Credits to sir Sudeep Duhoon)
  7. More Custom ROMS
Can i port Myphone rio lite rom on Qmobile noir i5 a rebranded clone in pakistan Plz Reply
?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MyPhone-Rio-Lite.jpg

#include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Rooting:
    Install Framaroot 1.9+
    Install SU
    Choose "Barahir"
    Reboot
    Pray
    Enjoy!

Swap SD and Internal SD:
    Mount System as (R/W)
    Copy vold.fstab
    Reboot
    Pray
    Enjoy!

Notes:

More Guides

1. Kernel Source
    2. Breaking News Mediatek Sources
    3. Backup protect_f, protect_s and nvram of Myphone Agua RIO Lite S4700
    4. Get Readback backup of full stock ROM dump for MTK MediaTek Smartphone (Credits to sir Rnovino)
    5. CTR / CWM Recovery for Myphone Agua RIO Lite S4700 (Credits to sir Princeton Miel Jurilla)
    7. More Custom ROMS

1. Get Readback backup of full stock ROM dump for MTK MediaTek Smartphone (Credits to sir Rnovino)
    2. Use framaroot and follow the instruction above. yes their rooting process is almost same.
    3. Yes memory swap hasten my memory card life, better use greenify (pls google it).
    4. No, it will not directly affect the system. But you should backup before trying anything.

Note: better use tricks made for MTK 6572 processor based phones.
    framaroot shows error !!

it is possible sir..dont worry i will make and post a stock vold.fstab here..just give me sometime ok :)

Update: Sir just look for the vold.fstab.bak on my gdrive folder and just repeat the instructions above to regain your default SD setup :)