Question:Porting ROMS

Search This thread

vinprivag

Nov 23, 2011
Bangalore
Hey guys just wanted to ask If it is possible to port a ROM of dual core phone to a single core phone?...for example is it possible to port a sensation or EVO 3d ROM to desire s..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Its not so much about the processor, but more to do with the resolution. You will need to resize qHD graphics which is a pain, and less convient

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

amidabuddha

Jun 26, 2011
Its not so much about the processor, but more to do with the resolution. You will need to resize qHD graphics which is a pain, and less convient

Just FYI - if the resizing is the major issue the Virtuos team released their resizing tool yesterday which should make this procedure much easier

Sent from my Desire S

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Just FYI - if the resizing is the major issue the Virtuos team released their resizing tool yesterday which should make this procedure much easier

Sent from my Desire S

Ah, the m10 tools? Great! The last I heard, these tools were closed source, great news now!

Nonetheless, its still extra hassle resizing, when we can just use Sense 3.5 perfect WVGA ports .....

suku_patel_22

Jun 22, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a
Ah, the m10 tools? Great! The last I heard, these tools were closed source, great news now!

Nonetheless, its still extra hassle resizing, when we can just use Sense 3.5 perfect WVGA ports .....

From what I know, the virtuous ten studio us only an apk editor,
It doesn't yet have m10 built into it.

Swyped from my Desire S waiting for Kernel 3, WAKE UP HTC
Sorry for the swypos....

amidabuddha

Jun 26, 2011
From what I know, the virtuous ten studio us only an apk editor,
It doesn't yet have m10 built into it.

Swyped from my Desire S waiting for Kernel 3, WAKE UP HTC
Sorry for the swypos....

Never used it, so cannot be completely sure, but:
After much poking around the apk’s it came apparent that HTC had started to use a special binary format called m10. These m10 files were new and at the time no one knew what they contained or even how to decode them. Along came Diamondback and Flemmard, between them they managed to build a decoder/ encoder for the m10 format. Once decoded they were able to resize sense 3 and the now legendary Virtuous Unity was born.

The m10 project soon developed in to a much bigger idea, why have a piece of software that is only able to modify one element of apks. So work began on implementing existing tools such as apktool, adb and more. A lot of time has been spent making sure that work flow is correct and provides the best possible user experience.

And that's where we are today, presenting you Virtuous Ten Studio. :)

Taken from www.virtuousrom.com

Sent from my Desire S