Super Bricked (not hard bricked)

Search This thread

boss1019

Jan 26, 2013
Chicago
Hi my phone the at&t htc one x 2.20 firmware viperxl 2.4.0 beastmode kernel(mpdescision, gpu oc, 2.1ghz oc, etc) has been bricked after a teacher took my phone and gave it to the dean. I had a custom boot animation(about a month now) which it is now stuck on. But after putting a backup on the problem persisted. After multiple different things I tried including the idiot idea of factory reset in bootloader, i have the same problem and no memory space. I have 97 percent battery. Also I don't have any drivers because I had to wipe hard drive(java exploit). Is there a way to install usb drivers when in fastboot. I don't want to have to pay 350+ dollars for a new phone and my dad is pissed off even though he doesn't pay the phone bill or for the phone. I have ubuntu and windows 7. I installed adb and fastboot on ubuntu.

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
I would relock and run the respective ruu ...

I dont know what happened when the dean got your phone... But See what happened is you corrupted the sdcard by factory resetting. You'll need to get on a computer and reformat your SD. Download cleanrom 5.1 and Drag the rom onto your phone and flash it in recovery.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: boss1019

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
"Super brick"? People are making up even more brick terms now?

If the phone's screen turns on, its not bricked (soft, hard, super or otherwise). It just means you don't know what to do in the particular situation, which is not a brick.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Is there a way to install usb drivers when in fastboot.

Installing drivers on your computer has nothing to do with whether the phone is in fastboot or not. Just find the drivers, and install on your Windows PC.

Reactions: boomn

boss1019

Jan 26, 2013
Chicago

I dont know what happened when the dean got your phone... But See what happened is you corrupted the sdcard by factory resetting. You'll need to get on a computer and reformat your SD. Download cleanrom 5.1 and Drag the rom onto your phone and flash it in recovery.

thanks yeah i think i'll do this. To be honest I don't even know how he did it. My system had been stable for about two weeks now.

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Haha he seen a sick @$$ android and he wanted to try it out!

Don't know if your on hboot 1.14 or not, but cleanrom 5.1 flashes boot.img automatically. So you'll be able to flash with no problems.

I'm assuming your recovery is still good? You're still able to boot into twrp?

boss1019

Jan 26, 2013
Chicago
Haha he seen a sick @$$ android and he wanted to try it out!

Don't know if your on hboot 1.14 or not, but cleanrom 5.1 flashes boot.img automatically. So you'll be able to flash with no problems.

I'm assuming your recovery is still good? You're still able to boot into twrp?

yeah sadly bricked before and had to ruu so I'm hboot 1.14. I'll have to download 5.1, thankfully my recovery is still good.

boss1019

Jan 26, 2013
Chicago
it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude you are awesome. Sadly lost all data though, but it is recoverable. Thank you so much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"Super brick"? People are making up even more brick terms now?

If the phone's screen turns on, its not bricked (soft, hard, super or otherwise). It just means you don't know what to do in the particular situation, which is not a brick.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Is there a way to install usb drivers when in fastboot.

Installing drivers on your computer has nothing to do with whether the phone is in fastboot or not. Just find the drivers, and install on your Windows PC.