[Q] My Galaxy S4 gets Hot D:

Search This thread

tinker1111

Nov 7, 2013
Hello, I just wanted to know how I can cool down my S4 while doing tasks. I know smartphones get warm but mine actually gets hot D:. After about 5-10minutes of browsing the Web or playing ANY games, or even going on apps like flipboard it gets to about 37 degrees. I would assume if I was browsing the internet outside in summer it would get to over 40 degrees. I seem to get the same temperatures even after installing a rom. I have installed an app called trickster mod and with it I have underclocked my phone and changed the governer but it still gets to the same temperatures. Does your S4 get this hot? Is it normal?

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hello, I just wanted to know how I can cool down my S4 while doing tasks. I know smartphones get warm but mine actually gets hot D:. After about 5-10minutes of browsing the Web or playing ANY games, or even going on apps like flipboard it gets to about 37 degrees. I would assume if I was browsing the internet outside in summer it would get to over 40 degrees. I seem to get the same temperatures even after installing a rom. I have installed an app called trickster mod and with it I have underclocked my phone and changed the governer but it still gets to the same temperatures. Does your S4 get this hot? Is it normal?
1. If u have updates via OTA or Kies/3... Update ur phone
2. Replace battery :highfive:

rhilway

Oct 18, 2008
Do you have an sd card installed? I've read multiple stories of this device heating up while sd card is mounted, that is IF you can get this cheap pos to read an sd card. I have a g2 and a GS4, samsung really screwed up one of the only differentiating features of the phone which is ability to use an sd card.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

KC6UFO

Getting

My phone gets warm but never really hot. Is your phone in a case like an Otter Box. Is it plugged in or just operating on batteries. How stock is the phone/battery? So many questions but the bottom line is most of the time my phone runs pretty cool. I might suggest an app like SD Maid to make sure your not running a lots of juice using programs in the background, or a program like App Brain Ad Detector to see what's running and causing your phone to heat up.

They get warm but should not get hot!

Last edited: