[Q] root and OTA

Search This thread

crazylilazn

Mar 23, 2010
So I'm planning on rooting my LG G3 soon, (using PurpleDrake I suppose because TowelRoot doesn't work), and I will be installing Xposed after that. I will be keeping my stock recovery as well.

I want to keep my ability to update OTA however, and I know that there are issues with updating while rooted.

As such, will I be able to a) uninstall Xposed and then b) use SuperUser to hide root / or unroot somehow, and then c) accept the OTA

To make sure that no system files are touched, I plan on freezing any unwanted apps through TB (and unfreezing them before the OTA)

Will this work? Is it possible to unroot without having to wipe data?

Reactions: lulu217783

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
I don't have a G3 yet to verify..but we use 'boot unlocker' app to toggle root and tamper flag on N5.

crazylilazn

Mar 23, 2010
Thanks for the responses guys! I wish that there was at least a small OTA update so that the people that are already rooted could actually test this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I'm planning on rooting my LG G3 soon, (using PurpleDrake I suppose because TowelRoot doesn't work), and I will be installing Xposed after that. I will be keeping my stock recovery as well.

I want to keep my ability to update OTA however, and I know that there are issues with updating while rooted.

As such, will I be able to a) uninstall Xposed and then b) use SuperUser to hide root / or unroot somehow, and then c) accept the OTA

To make sure that no system files are touched, I plan on freezing any unwanted apps through TB (and unfreezing them before the OTA)

Will this work? Is it possible to unroot without having to wipe data?
    It should yes long as system apps isn't overly modded. I plan on doing same as well as backing up system apps i mod and placing them back for ota