[UPDATE][HC3.1] Wifi and 3G! Completely Flashable! No Fastboot Needed!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It doesn't get any easier that this! You must have Clockwork Recovery and a MicroSD card. Copy all needed zips to root of MicroSD. Comes with full root, sdcard support (still at sdcard/external), OTG for USB Host. Regardless of what setup you are coming from, MicroSD will be at /sdcard/external. Have fun!

Solarnz is the developer that wrote the necessary code to protect Internal Storage. There will be another thread on that though. I just put it here out of necessity.

Step 1: Flash new recovery DOWNLOAD
    Reboot System and boot back into recovery.

Step 2: Flash HC 3.1 System Update DOWNLOAD

Step 3: IMMEDIATELY flash Bootloader Patch DOWNLOAD
    Wifi Only users SKIP STEP 4

Step 4: ONLY FOR VERIZON 3G DEVICES!!!
    Flash this updated boot.img zip after Bootloader patch. DOWNLOAD Thanks a million Blades! Saved my butt!

Step 5: Return to main menu. Do a "wipe data/factory reset"
    NOTE: Your internal storage (aka /sdcard) will be safe from this wipe. However, all other userdata will be wiped. Seems to be a necessary evil.

Step 6: Reboot

Step 7: Enjoy Honeycomb 3.1
    I would like to thank everybody for the kind words and your most generous donations. It truly means alot to me. Also I would like to thank all the testers on the #xoom chan. You guys are braver than you realize! I'm just glad the update was a success. So what's next? Top of the list is to get us an overclock kernel. Also, I plan on writing a good updater script so we can flash some roms. Looks likely solarnz will take lead on recovery development. He is very talented and you can put faith in his work. Anyway, I'll be on #xoom and #tiamat. Thanks again.

brd
    reserved for me
    Just tested OTG with a 16 mem stick and ntfs mount on a 1TB WD. It works fine guys. Regrettably, I have been forced to disable Private Messages at this time. I just can't keep up with it. I appreciate all the private "Thank You" messages. At the same time, Private Message is not for support. This forum is the place to get advice. Also, Twitter is not really the place to ask for support either. However, I am almost always willing to help. I usually stop by here a few times a day and answer a question or two. But, if you want help, you need to get a good IRC client. All the real smart xoom dev guys are on the Freenode server on the #xoom channel. I noticed alot of you already found my hiding spot. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: But that's a good thing. The more active participants, the better. Also, I need as many testers as possible. If you wish to volunteer to test, PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! Anyways, thanks.

Oh, I'm still working on the new kernel. And, YES, IT WILL HAVE CIFS! lol And a bunch of other goodies too. And you will have the option to turn that charge light back on. However, I'm not sure if the first 3.1 Tiamat 1.4.2 kernel will have Overclock. We'll see how it goes. Peace.

brd
    reserved for me again