[Q]The truth about defy+ battery fixes

Search This thread

Maki-taro

Dec 6, 2011
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU POST!!!!

Hello!!
i wish to know if someone could charge his defy+ to 100% with some of those fixes in froyo rom.

The thing is that some fixes charges to 100% BUT is not the defy+ 100%, those fixes make the phone use the battery like a normal defy one. But doesnt charge it to the real value in mV

defy full mv charge : ~4160mV
defy+ full mv charge : ~4320mV

So is there someone who using some fix could charge his defy+ to the REAL defy+ value? it doesnt matter if it says 100%, the thing is to check the mV.

Unr3aL67

Jan 3, 2012
The truth, to relate to your title, is in fact, that there is no fix that works for everyone...

I've read a lot on the original German topic for white rabbit, and the author Einsteinno tried to implement such a fix with a little help from his fellow beta-testers.

The conclusion was, that for almost everyone who tried any of the fixes another one or none worked... Maybe it's the build of their Defys, maybe bootloader or kernel or something else.

It seems you have tried a few and if none off them worked so far, you might have to wait a little longer...

Greetz, Unr3aL67

Sent from my Defy via Tapatalk

Last edited:

mja711

Apr 17, 2012
Pune
a little more detail plz

hi,

I know i may be sound dumb here...
but i have been trying to figure out this battery issue by going through as many threads as i could...
still as confused as before if not more....
if someone could suggest some solution ...
would be of great help....
issue:
i am on cm7 0412 build ....
battery drops from 34 to 19....
how do resolve it???
Is there a fix???

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
after changing lots of rom i finally stayed some time on miui pikachu edition and i had the 83% battery charge.. then i tried with some fixes and it displaied 100% but the real value wasn't around 4300..

then i decided to flash a full sbs, charge my phone till real 100% and then install cm7 white rabbit! till then, i get always full charge!

hope i help you

bye

kelbygreen

Apr 18, 2012
Newcastle
I have got a fix I tried that some one tried on MIUI and they say it worked and as far as I know thats froyo based?? Any way give it a go but back up your original battd.bin (copy it to a SD card location) incase it fails so you can restore it.

Here is the link the fix and instructions is last post on page one. Please post on that thread if it works for you and what version your running.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1625504

Lightis

Mar 8, 2012
I would guess that both batteries are fully charged at the same voltage ~4.2V - However you need to be carefull when you measure the voltage. Use a Multimeter and try to draw some current and measure while you do it I bet the voltages will differ.
The thing that differs on the batteries are the capacity (mAh), which in no way translates to fully charged Voltage. (lower than 4.2 does however say something about how much charge is remaining, but the discharge curve is pretty flat)
A battery charge circuit typically detects the fully charged capacity by measuring that the voltage no longer increases (and then continue to trickle charge for a while to get it fully charged).

EDIT: spelling

Last edited:

oSandmaNo

Mar 16, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
after changing lots of rom i finally stayed some time on miui pikachu edition and i had the 83% battery charge.. then i tried with some fixes and it displaied 100% but the real value wasn't around 4300..

then i decided to flash a full sbs, charge my phone till real 100% and then install cm7 white rabbit! till then, i get always full charge!

hope i help you

bye

On cm7 everyone gets full charge. Its the MIUI (Pikachu n WIUI) that has the problem

Sent from my MB526 using XDA

jpl90

Feb 28, 2012
What's the difference between the battery indicator while the phone is turned off and the one when it's turned on?

I own a Defy (Red lens) and have CM9 (Defy+) with its batteryfix. However, strange things happen with battery measurement:

-Turned off it shows 100%, and when I turn it on, it shows 89% or so.
-I plugged it when it was on 8% (turned off), and as soon as the battery indicator showed, it said "45%".

Now I'm charging it (turned on) and it shows 96% and 4146mV in BatteryCalibration (I understand this is ok).

I'm curious about it, and also a bit afraid of damaging my battery.

farsight73

Dec 29, 2010
Selangor
What's the difference between the battery indicator while the phone is turned off and the one when it's turned on?

I own a Defy (Red lens) and have CM9 (Defy+) with its batteryfix. However, strange things happen with battery measurement:

-Turned off it shows 100%, and when I turn it on, it shows 89% or so.
-I plugged it when it was on 8% (turned off), and as soon as the battery indicator showed, it said "45%".

Now I'm charging it (turned on) and it shows 96% and 4146mV in BatteryCalibration (I understand this is ok).

I'm curious about it, and also a bit afraid of damaging my battery.

May be you could do a quick calibrate by the app Battery Calibrator from app store.

Top Liked Posts