[TOOL]JellyBean Hboot Firmware Flasher |V0.3|19 Oct| [MAC/LINUX] | hBoot 1.28 |

Search This thread
G

GuestK00105

that would be brilliant, its good to have an easy tool for us linux and mac users ;)

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
if i was to do it without this tool, do i flash the firmwares in fastboot or recovery if fastboot what command?
Thanks
Fastboot:
fastboot oem lock
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (you may need to enter this one twice if you get an error)

Then unlock bootloader again and install your JB rom of choice

Reactions: RsurNexusS

Istvan_86

Apr 9, 2011
Madrid
Hello, first of all thanks for your work, I´m a little confused with the process, it seems to be very simple but I can´t fully understand it.

I have Win 7 and latest version of Ubuntu available, my CID is HTC__304, also I downloaded all the files that you have for Linux in your Google Docs directory, I have my original unlock_code.bin, but I have doubt about what boot.img should I use to install a JB ROM and also I have a mess with the steps of your first post.

If anyone can help me, I will be very grateful, thanks in advance.

xcesco89

Dec 7, 2010
Hello, first of all thanks for your work, I´m a little confused with the process, it seems to be very simple but I can´t fully understand it.

I have Win 7 and latest version of Ubuntu available, my CID is HTC__304, also I downloaded all the files that you have for Linux in your Google Docs directory, I have my original unlock_code.bin, but I have doubt about what boot.img should I use to install a JB ROM and also I have a mess with the steps of your first post.

If anyone can help me, I will be very grateful, thanks in advance.

you need to download the new firmware from here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957376

for the boot.img you need to download the custom rom of your choice and the related boot.img or the fastboot-toolkit ,then extraxt the boot.img :)
for example, if you are planning to flash MaXimus 12 rom, atached at the Maximus OP you'll find the fastboot-toolkitV12. Inside that there is the boot.img related to Maximus 12 rom ;)

obviously to run the script you need to use the terminal on ubuntu or mac, navigate in the script folder using "cd path/to/script/folder" then run the commands mentioned in the OP :)

Reactions: Istvan_86

Istvan_86

Apr 9, 2011
Madrid
you need to download the new firmware from here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957376

for the boot.img you need to download the custom rom of your choice and the related boot.img or the fastboot-toolkit ,then extraxt the boot.img :)
for example, if you are planning to flash MaXimus 12 rom, atached at the Maximus OP you'll find the fastboot-toolkitV12. Inside that there is the boot.img related to Maximus 12 rom ;)

obviously to run the script you need to use the terminal on ubuntu or mac, navigate in the script folder using "cd path/to/script/folder" then run the commands mentioned in the OP :)

Really thanks for the answer, tomorrow I can upgrade my HBOOT!!!

vanillapuff

Sep 30, 2012
Hong Kong
Download site down

The download site in the OP is down.

Does anyone still have by any chance the Hboot flasher? Can it upgrade the Hboot to 1.39?

Thanks a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    codeXDA.png
    hi all! :D
    i've made a simple tool for mac and linux, for flash the new Hboot ( 1.28 ).
    if you have trubles , PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post here!!
    i hope you enjoy it :D
    i would like to thank all the devs for the beautiful work they do for us and Football for the Firmware update! Thanks guys!

As always ,you use this tool at your own risk

CID supported:
    cid: HTC__001
    cid: HTC__E11
    cid: HTC__203
    cid: HTC__102
    cid: HTC__405
    cid: HTC__Y13
    cid: HTC__A07
    cid: HTC__304
    cid: HTC__M27
    cid: HTC__032
    cid: HTC__016
    cid: HTC__J15

Features:
    • check Device CID using "fastboot getvar cid" and if it get's "cid: None" will try with "oem readcid". (if cid not matching the tool will not upgrade the Hboot )
    • check battery status ( for a secure upgrade. if your battery is too low the tool will not upgrade the hboot until you recharge the battery). If your battery is charged and you get "battery ststus not good", close the tool, reboot your phone in fastboot and try again
    • lock bootloder
    • flash firmware
    • reflash firmware
    • unlock bootloader
    • flash recovery ( TWRP)
    • flash boot.img of the rom you have choose to flash

Simple How to:
    • put YOUR original Unlock_code.bin in the UNLOCK folder
    • put the boot.img of your choice in the BOOT folder
    • if you don't want TWRP recovery, download the recovery you want and place it in the RECOV folder ( rename it in " recovery.img " )
    • reboot your phone in fastboot mode
    • run in terminal FirmwareFlasher.sh ( ./FirmwareFlasher.sh ). if not running do "chmod 777 FirmwareFlasher.sh " and try again
    • Follow the onscreen instruction

Download :
    (for download the archive go to the top left of the page >> file >>download )

changelog:
    Code:
    [B]Little Update:[/B] Uploaded Linux version ;)

[B]Update 2:[/B] Reuploaded Linux version, i've forgot the request for sudo password needed for Fastboot commands   :silly:

[B]Update 3 ( V0.1):[/B] Cleaned code a bit. Now the script is MOAR colorful for easy reading:D:D

[B]Update 4 (V0.2):[/B] Added Battery-status check ( if battery status isn't good you can't proceed with flash )

[B]Update 5 :[/B] for those who have the "[B]cid: None[/B]" problem, i've attached a version of the script that reads Cid using [B]fastboot oem readcid[/B]. Just unzip the archive and copy the [B].sh[/B] file in the [B]FirmwareFlasher[/B] folder ( thanks [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]ClydeB1[/COLOR][/B] )

[B]Update 6 (V0.3): Merged 0.2 and 0.2a version. if with "getvar cid" get's "cid: None" the script will try with "oem readcid". As the previous versions, it will check battery status for a more secure upgrade[/B]

Any Feedback is much appreciated! Thanks!
    ENJOY!:cool:
    Linux

I have CID 102 but it says, my cid is not allowed

And i removed the the CID check from the script but it only says
    waiting for device

You need to reboot in fastboot mode and plug device to the pc!
    i've forgotten that ADB and Fastboot in linux needs Sudo password, i've attached the script! :D
    Tested now on ubuntu and works ;)

Now i'm going to Reupload Linux Archive :D
    I know that with fastboot mode :D
    I was already on 1.23 but i flashed this in WIndows.

Thank you for your work :) I flashed it manually. I only take all commands and run it in the terminal with sudo .
    I know that with fastboot mode :D
    I was already on 1.23 but i flashed this in WIndows.

Thank you for your work :) I flashed it manually. I only take all commands and run it in the terminal with sudo .

thanks to you for reporting the issue :D
    Why do you need a workaround. The reason you got None when running fastboot getvar cid is probably because your bootloader is still locked. Your cid is HTC__102 and so you can proceed.

Edit: If the tool is failing when checking cid, then try to lock bootloader first before running tool.

or, if you are ABSOLUTELY SURE your CID is HTC__102, just create a "cid.txt" file in the same folder of the script, at first line write cid: HTC__102 and save the file.
    Open in a text editor FirmwareFlasher.sh and comment the line with "./fastboot getvar cid ". ( the final result should be # ./fastboot getvar cid
    save the file and run it in the terminal