HTC One Stuck in Bootloader

Search This thread

Billcheese5

Feb 1, 2014
So earlier today I had my Verizon HTC One running smoothly; 4.3, 2.10.605.10, all that jazz. Then firewater came out, so I did S-Off. I then installed Clockworkmod, because TWRP wouldn't (turns out I installed the m7 variant instead of the m7vzw one). I also had the wrong version of clockworkmod, so it wouldn't factory reset or clear cache. I decided I would try to install Cyanogenmod anyway, and right after I started the install I found the correct version of TWRP so I hard reset out of the install with the Power and Volume Down buttons.

Now I am stuck in bootloader, and there is not much I can do. I can't install the RUU that i have because I cant "fastboot oem lock" and I also can't flash or boot directly to the TWRP or Clockworkmod .img files. Any ideas on how to fix it?

tl;dr I stopped a .zip install and now I am stuck in bootloader HELP PLEASE

eXperianceHD

Dec 18, 2013
Chicago, IL
So earlier today I had my Verizon HTC One running smoothly; 4.3, 2.10.605.10, all that jazz. Then firewater came out, so I did S-Off. I then installed Clockworkmod, because TWRP wouldn't (turns out I installed the m7 variant instead of the m7vzw one). I also had the wrong version of clockworkmod, so it wouldn't factory reset or clear cache. I decided I would try to install Cyanogenmod anyway, and right after I started the install I found the correct version of TWRP so I hard reset out of the install with the Power and Volume Down buttons.

Now I am stuck in bootloader, and there is not much I can do. I can't install the RUU that i have because I cant "fastboot oem lock" and I also can't flash or boot directly to the TWRP or Clockworkmod .img files. Any ideas on how to fix it?

tl;dr I stopped a .zip install and now I am stuck in bootloader HELP PLEASE
Are you able to access fastboot from the boot loader?
If so do
Fastboot reboot recovery
Since you have TWRP installed already? If you can get adb sideload to work you can flash a new ROM of your choice after you clear the dalvik cache and such. If adb won't work for you you may have to order an otg cable to get that ROM to your phone. If you can't access fastboot and/or get into recovery.... RIP M7Vzw

Billcheese5

Feb 1, 2014
Are you able to access fastboot from the boot loader?
If so do
Fastboot reboot recovery
Since you have TWRP installed already? If you can get adb sideload to work you can flash a new ROM of your choice after you clear the dalvik cache and such. If adb won't work for you you may have to order an otg cable to get that ROM to your phone. If you can't access fastboot and/or get into recovery.... RIP M7Vzw

So I tried the fastboot rebbot recovery and I don't think that is a correct command, because when I do it a list of all the fastboot commands comes back and my phone doesn't do anything. Also it was working before but now my device isn't visible under adb devices, so I don't think sideloading a different rom will work. Plus I can't get to the recovery, or even the stock factory reset or anything. They all just bounce me back to the bootloader menu.

Do you think it would be worth it to order and wait for an otg cable or just order a new phone? I'm not due for an upgrade and I don't think I'm willing to shell out $500 for a new One, or even $400 for a new Moto X, so I think I'll be getting the Moto G (I'm on a student budget here).

Billcheese5

Feb 1, 2014
Oh well

Thanks for the help guys, I wasn't able to run any adb commands like I could before, so I guess that's that. Again, I am at college, and my parents happened to be visiting so I gave it to them. I have accident insurance on my phone, so they are going to send it back and have the replacement sent to me... so I can try again, hopefully more successfully the second time :laugh: