[APP][4.0+] Floating Translator BETA [v0.5.2]

Search This thread

lotdrops

Apr 23, 2011
This app is a floating translator and dictionary.
It supports Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, German, English, French, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Vietnamese. More languages will be added in next versions.

Link to Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=apps.easylife.translator

Having the interface in a resizable floating window, you can translate without leaving the app you are using, so that you have the text in front of you the whole time.
Furthermore, when you touch out of the window, it becomes a little ball so that it doesn't interfere with the reading/writing, and you can open it again with a tap. In a similar way to facebook messenger.

Features:
  • Floating window.
  • Translate without leaving current app.
  • Dictionary and synonyms.
  • Bubble mode to take up less screen.
  • Notification mode.
  • Bubble size can be changed.
  • Resizable and movable window.
  • Posiblity to lock it if you want it always there.
  • It remembers the position and size, so that you always have the same experience.

We haven't translated the interface of those languages we can't make sure the translation is acceptable (we don't trust google translate for that) so if anyone would like to translate it to his own language, we would really appreciate it.

It is our first app, and we want it to be as good as possible. Therefore we would appreciate your feedback, bug reporting, suggestions, and anything to improve it!

Special thanks to:
@pingpongboss for his awesome StandOut library.
Pere-Lluis for finding several bugs, for his ideas to improve the app and being always there to test alfa versions.
@omarainea for translating the app to arabic, and suggesting ways to improve the app.
Christian Orjeda for improving the german translation of the app.

Reviews:
http://www.tuttoandroid.net/applicazioni/traduttore-galleggiante-per-android-180074/

Attachments

• FloatingTranslator.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,216
Last edited:

lotdrops

Apr 23, 2011
Planned features + changelog

PLANNED FEATURES:

• Tutorial page for starters.
  • Allowing to select text to copy.
  • A faster way to close or hide the bubble.
  • Translating automatically.
  • More languages (if you want a language ask for it and it'll be added sooner).
And much more... ;)

CHANGELOG:

12/04/2014
Version 0.5.5
- Text introduction is clearable.
- Synonyms added to dictionary.

08/03/2014
Version 0.5.3
-Added favorite languages.
-Only one button to change mode

25/02/2014
Version 0.5.2
-Added languages: Indonesian, Swedish and Vietnamese.
-Keyboard now hides after translation.

18/02/2014
Version 0.5.1
-Added buttons to change mode faster, no need to go to settings tab.
-Scroll bar is now available if there are more translations that do not show.
-Added languages: Latín, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Hindi.
-Improved German translation.
-Added Arabian translation.

17/02/2014
Version 0.5
-Notification mode.
-Added languages: Arabic, Chinese, Hungarian, Russian

15/02/2014
Version 0.41
-Touch to get the bubble is intercepted, now.

12/02/2014
Version 0.4
-Dictionary.
-Added languages: Catalan and Polish.
-User interface improved.

07/02/20114
Version 0.3.3
-Minor bug fixes related to icon and settings.
-Improved some translations.
-Added translation to catalan.

04/02/2014
Version 0.3.3
-Fixed, some cases where window would move instead of scroll.

03/02/2014
Version 0.3.2
-Bug fix for some phones where translating would quit the app.
-Bubble size can be changed.
-Translation of app for Portuguese and italian.
-Bug fix for resizing. Now it is much easier.

30/01/2014
Version 0.3.1
-Bug fix when hiting enter on some keyboards.
-Minimum window size fixed for some screens.

29/01/2014
Version 0.3
-Launch of the app

Last edited:

Anubhav Agrawal

Nov 26, 2012
Delhi
It supports Spanish, English, Catalan, Polish, German, French, Italian and Portuguese. But more languages will be added in next versions.

Link to Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=apps.easylife.translator

Having the interface in a resizable floating window, you can translate without leaving the app you are using, so that you have the text in front of you the whole time.
Furthermore, when you touch out of the window, it becomes a little ball so that it doesn't interfere with the reading/writing, and you can open it again with a tap. In a similar way to facebook messenger.

Features:
  • Floating window.
  • Dictionary.
  • It remembers the position and size, so that you always have the same experience.

It is our first app, and we want it to be as good as possible. Therefore we would appreciate your feedback, bug reporting, suggestions, and anything to improve it!
looks good..
i will check and report back later..

Btw instead of a bubble, if theres a persistent notification in status bar, that will be better ... Like clicking minimize will send it as notification and we can click it to get it back onscreen ..

Reactions: lotdrops

lotdrops

Apr 23, 2011
looks good..

Btw instead of a bubble, if theres a persistent notification in status bar, that will be better ... Like clicking minimize will send it as notification and we can click it to get it back onscreen ..

We are working on that. We have done that but it doesn't work well enough, yet. When we figure out how to do it properly it will be added. Thanks for your feedback!!

Inl

Feb 2, 2014
@lotdrops ,I think adding Arabic language to this app would make it really popular,
I can help you with that if you need any, I'm familiar with translating app, although I think translating this app would be different.

Anyway thank you for the incredible app, and keep up :fingers-crossed:

lotdrops

Apr 23, 2011
@lotdrops ,I think adding Arabic language to this app would make it really popular,
I can help you with that if you need any, I'm familiar with translating app, although I think translating this app would be different.

Anyway thank you for the incredible app, and keep up :fingers-crossed:

Arabic, with Russian (as I've just said) is planned to be added soon. We have to fix a couple things first and then we'll dig into it.
And if you can help translating, that would be awesome!! :D

shoaibar

It is definitely a very good app for learning new languages. A tip from me if you could start adding audio for the words too that would be great. I mean by that then we would be able to speak the way words are supposed to be pronounced. I don't know what would be the limitations for doing that, may be a lot of space would be required, but just a thought came to my mind.

Anyhow good work. :)

Reactions: Rasa11

draytonjackson

Jul 31, 2008
Great app! I'm currently always juggling between Google translate and messaging apps.
+1 to extend it to Hungarian in the future (Might not be the most popular but if there are not a lot of requests I may get lucky :)).

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
Great app! I'm currently always juggling between Google translate and messaging apps.
+1 to extend it to Hungarian in the future (Might not be the most popular but if there are not a lot of requests I may get lucky :)).

Very usefull. Could you make widget for it? And as it is translator it will be good to translate app to all languages. I can translate to polish.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It supports Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, German, English, French, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Vietnamese. More languages will be added in next versions.

Features:
    • Floating window.
    • Dictionary and synonyms.
    • Notification mode.

We haven't translated the interface of those languages we can't make sure the translation is acceptable (we don't trust google translate for that) so if anyone would like to translate it to his own language, we would really appreciate it.

Special thanks to:
    @pingpongboss for his awesome StandOut library.
    Pere-Lluis for finding several bugs, for his ideas to improve the app and being always there to test alfa versions.
    @omarainea for translating the app to arabic, and suggesting ways to improve the app.
    Christian Orjeda for improving the german translation of the app.

Reviews:
    http://www.tuttoandroid.net/applicazioni/traduttore-galleggiante-per-android-180074/
    Planned features + changelog

PLANNED FEATURES:

• Tutorial page for starters.
    • Allowing to select text to copy.
    • A faster way to close or hide the bubble.
    • Translating automatically.
    • More languages (if you want a language ask for it and it'll be added sooner).
    And much more... ;)

CHANGELOG:

12/04/2014
    Version 0.5.5
    - Text introduction is clearable.
    - Synonyms added to dictionary.

08/03/2014
    Version 0.5.3
    -Added favorite languages.
    -Only one button to change mode

25/02/2014
    Version 0.5.2
    -Added languages: Indonesian, Swedish and Vietnamese.
    -Keyboard now hides after translation.

18/02/2014
    Version 0.5.1
    -Added buttons to change mode faster, no need to go to settings tab.
    -Scroll bar is now available if there are more translations that do not show.
    -Added languages: Latín, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Hindi.
    -Improved German translation.
    -Added Arabian translation.

17/02/2014
    Version 0.5
    -Notification mode.
    -Added languages: Arabic, Chinese, Hungarian, Russian

15/02/2014
    Version 0.41
    -Touch to get the bubble is intercepted, now.

12/02/2014
    Version 0.4
    -Dictionary.
    -Added languages: Catalan and Polish.
    -User interface improved.

07/02/20114
    Version 0.3.3
    -Minor bug fixes related to icon and settings.
    -Improved some translations.
    -Added translation to catalan.

04/02/2014
    Version 0.3.3
    -Fixed, some cases where window would move instead of scroll.

03/02/2014
    Version 0.3.2
    -Bug fix for some phones where translating would quit the app.
    -Bubble size can be changed.
    -Translation of app for Portuguese and italian.
    -Bug fix for resizing. Now it is much easier.

30/01/2014
    Version 0.3.1
    -Bug fix when hiting enter on some keyboards.
    -Minimum window size fixed for some screens.

29/01/2014
    Version 0.3
    -Launch of the app

Could you please attach an apk to the first post? I'm planning to feature your app on the portal and it's our small requirement :)
    :silly: :good: HELPFUL
    It supports Spanish, English, Catalan, Polish, German, French, Italian and Portuguese. But more languages will be added in next versions.

Features:
    • Floating window.
    • Dictionary.

looks good..