Baltic 4.4.2 kit kat OTA update

Search This thread

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK
Hi all, got an update this morning for the baltic variant of kit kat.
27mb

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1392364787345.jpg
    1392364787345.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 9,452

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK
Off the 3 official kitkat 4.4.2 roms I have tested, Switzerland & Poland & Baltic, I find the Baltic one the best.
At least I get to use kitkat before the BTU variant is released,as long as I use the official sam-mobile firmware, basically I can test the different country variants of the new kitkat 4.4.2 without fear of tripping knox, and I still get the OTA updates.

orly_mihai

Feb 11, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
Did you check your CSC?I had Netherland 4.4.2 PHN-N9005XXUENA6 and after i see what you write here i flash Baltic SEB-N9005XXUENA6 for the OTA update.Everything went ok but after i get the update now it's Poland new version CSC:NB1 (XEO).

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK
Did you check your CSC?I had Netherland 4.4.2 PHN-N9005XXUENA6 and after i see what you write here i flash Baltic SEB-N9005XXUENA6 for the OTA update.Everything went ok but after i get the update now it's Poland new version CSC:NB1 (XEO).

Hi orly.
Didn't see that, weird? why would an update change the CSC back to Poland, my CSC also shows N9005OXXENB1 and kies still says its an official version?
So to try to understand process I did a wipe cache and wipe data in recovery and it still shows N9005OXXENB1, so I re flashed Baltic ROM again and it now shows CSC N9005OXXENA5, now when I plug my note 3 into kies it says it wants to change it back
Just realised that the CSC has changed but both were the same XEO!
See screen dump.

Attachments

• N9005.jpg
    N9005.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK
I will flash the Switzerland ROM again after tea and report back, I am guessing that the first kitkat ROM you flash is the CSC you get stuck with unless you root, and the CSC variations are only small software programs that are country specific like the Switzerland ROM. As I flashed the first official Poland ROM I am stuck with XEO.
The core features like like say having 4G in settings are ROM specific not the CSC files, which is why I swapped between all the 3 kitkat versions I have tested..

orly_mihai

Feb 11, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
My first rom was a baltic 4.3 with that one i bought the Phone.First time i have Baltic CSC then uk CSC after flash i made a full wipe and then Netherland CSC. I verify in kies3.

Last edited:

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK
Phew..

So I flashed the Switzerland ROM again and my CSC is now N9005PHNENA2, I tried hard reset from menu and hasen't changed, plugged into pc for kies and says its latest? So I was wrong you can change the CSC it appears?
Which is great as I am waiting for the BTU variant this month hopefully.

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 222

SPYRO80

Jul 26, 2008
@gadjet Just to clarify, you flashed the official polish rom with odin and knoxx wasnt tripped? If so what odin version did you use?

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK
@gadjet Just to clarify, you flashed the official polish rom with odin and knoxx wasnt tripped? If so what odin version did you use?

I have never been rooted on my Note 3, and I only flashed official firmware from samfirmare.com, not posted ones on XDA just in case, I use odin 3.09
You can see from my previous screen dumps while I flashed different variants this week, and I include a screen shot from my note 3 as of today with the latest Poland ROM.

Attachments

• today.JPG
    today.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Reactions: SPYRO80

WaNaWe900

Jan 22, 2010
Kota Damansara
I've flashed Official Poland 4.4.2 Feb 2014 too... just curious can you install an application from APK files ? I seems having problems not able to do it short while after Factory Reset... already enable in setting thou but still the Install bar can't be click...

? SM-N9005 @ Tapatalk ?

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK
New Poland ROM has same problems for me as first Poland release, i.e.. screen off f-ups and wake lock problems, phone does random lock ups when switching screen back on, and no buttons seem work for a few seconds and screen blank, capacitive buttons sometimes light up? I had to hold power button down for 10 seconds once to get a re boot!
So I am flashing back to the Baltic ROM again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But here you don't see the CSC.You must install phone info and there you can see what country you have.

To see CSC put in *#1234# in phone dialer

I have never been rooted on my Note 3, and I only flashed official firmware from samfirmare.com, not posted ones on XDA just in case, I use odin 3.09
    You can see from my previous screen dumps while I flashed different variants this week, and I include a screen shot from my note 3 as of today with the latest Poland ROM.