Gear 2 Recovery/Download Mode

Search This thread

bdovpro

Jul 17, 2008
Didn't see anyone mention this so I though I would just throw it on here. (sorry if someone already mentioned it)

You can access Gear 2's Recovery/Download mode the same way you could on the original Gear:

-Hold the "Power Button" until the unit reboots and you see the orange "Rebooting..." text then press the "Power Button" 5 (ish) times and
you will be taken to the a menu where you can select "Continue/Download/Recovery/etc" just like the old Gear.

Hopefully this means we can eventually install custom recovery and roms on this thing!

CarbonWyre

Feb 16, 2011
Phoenix
No one mentioned it because it's the same as the gear 1. If you Google galaxy gear download mode or flash custom image or look at the gear 1 forums it's there

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tcdegenerate

Jan 15, 2010
Ok I dont know if I am doing something wrong, but I have tried this and still cannot get download mode....I get into the reboot menu, I highlight download, but it still boots normal. Is there a special download screen like on the android devices or does it just go to the clock face?

Last edited:

klwinkel

Nov 25, 2010
Ok I dont know if I am doing something wrong, but I have tried this and still cannot get download mode....I get into the reboot menu, I highlight download, but it still boots normal. Is there a special download screen like on the android devices or does it just go to the clock face?

don't go into the reboot menu, but keep holding the power button until it reboots and then press the power button 5 times.

Reactions: the dreamer

Ozric13

Aug 20, 2014
Solution

don't go into the reboot menu, but keep holding the power button until it reboots and then press the power button 5 times.

I also had this problem, no matter how many times I chose download mode, the watch would always boot normally.

Very frustrating as I was trying to get into download mode for about 3 damn hours!.

OK very simple step that for some reason no ones seems to have mentioned, once you have gotten into the reboot menu, select download mode, on my gear 2 its highlighted blue, then simply press and hold the home key once again, and voila download mode should come up.

Cheers Alan

reza_e13

Dec 15, 2013
I also had this problem, no matter how many times I chose download mode, the watch would always boot normally.

Very frustrating as I was trying to get into download mode for about 3 damn hours!.

OK very simple step that for some reason no ones seems to have mentioned, once you have gotten into the reboot menu, select download mode, on my gear 2 its highlighted blue, then simply press and hold the home key once again, and voila download mode should come up.

Cheers Alan

Thanks a lot, I was in the same loooop ;):good:

janice g

Sep 5, 2016
I can't get my gear 2 neo to reboot at all. It stay's in rebooting mode. Then the gear 2 sign shows up. Then screen goes black. If i push again it goes to rebooting. And we start all again. I had to go to factory reset to pair with s7 edge and all this crap started. samsung won't do anything. Does anyone know of how i can connect to computer? As gears doesn't reconize the watch. Or if there's a patch, something to help me get it functioning again. Got the latest gears manager app. Even tried to pair back with s5. But nothing. Both phones, and computer won't do anything. Samsung told me that the gear 2 neo was compatable with s7 edge.

Last edited:

mate mate2

Jul 10, 2019
on my gear 2 i am stuck on download ... Do not turn off target! , after pressing power button is switching off and again the same message, please can someone help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Didn't see anyone mention this so I though I would just throw it on here. (sorry if someone already mentioned it)

You can access Gear 2's Recovery/Download mode the same way you could on the original Gear:

-Hold the "Power Button" until the unit reboots and you see the orange "Rebooting..." text then press the "Power Button" 5 (ish) times and
    you will be taken to the a menu where you can select "Continue/Download/Recovery/etc" just like the old Gear.

Hopefully this means we can eventually install custom recovery and roms on this thing!
    Solution

Cheers Alan