***FeraLab*** Official - Break The Limits...

Search This thread

Bares

Apr 4, 2011
b@tAm iSlanD
Same as me... Getting random reboot and freezing...

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

This rom is already supercharged...

Hi bro, did you flashed Ferakernel v3.6 addon (original addon) ?, if not, perhaps this rom must be use Ferakernel V4.5 LB.

Regards

3Dota

Re: [GB/ICS/JB] ***FeraLab*** Main Thread - Break The Limits... (25/01/2013)

Hi bro, did you flashed Ferakernel v3.6 addon (original addon) ?, if not, perhaps this rom must be use Ferakernel V4.5 LB.

Regards

hehe ...
* v3.6 plus default add-on ... lag, random reboot [or shutdown even when idle], random freeze ...
* v3.6 plus your add-on ... random reboot [or shutdown even when idle], random freeze ...

currently not using other tweak nor oc or undervoltage it ...

sent from Closing Time™

kalel29

Dec 2, 2010
i just have one thing to report,my phones shuts down when it reaches 20%,that the only "problem" i have

jai554

Jun 7, 2012
Kuching
Re: [GB/ICS/JB] ***FeraLab*** Main Thread - Break The Limits... (25/01/2013)

Regards

I only use your addon... V3.6 addon for V21 rom... You told us that if we install the original addon that is with the v3.6 kernel, it will break the fera engine in the rom...

anthony_lrk89

Mar 27, 2012
Penang
I see, ok, i will prepare another zip (to revert all setting to default) but still using Ferakernel V3.6 UB, If this not working good, then may be we have to use Ferakernel V4.5 LB for V21.
BTW, i have no problem (at all :)) , also never have bootloop issue that was reported by some user.

Regards

EDIT :

Definitely, we shouldn't use default (original) Ferakernel V3.6's addon, please see my previous post about it.
Ok , below is default V21's parameters set and tweak pack using Ferakernel V3.6 UB GB Stock (this is really pure default setting, i just included wifi and vpn modul), if this zip still produce instability issue, then you have to use V4.5 LB, Perhaps this V4.5 LB Kernel and Feralab V21 are siamese twins, lol :), cpd....

OP :
Reboot into Xrecovery, flash this below zip and make a couple of reboots and check the result.

EDIT 2 :
I almost forget, also pls try to flash 2nd zip (shut-it-down). It will skip bypass methode for LB Kernel inside the rom.

Best Regards
@Bares,
I currently use your tweak method (FeraKernel UB 3.6 >> V21 ROM >> KernelV36-UB-V21ROM-Addon >> Reboot >> Other fix zip) flash the V21 ROM. Based on my understanding for the above statement, now I have to flash the above 2 zip files. Am I right??

anguslaw

Jan 14, 2007
@Bares,
I currently use your tweak method (FeraKernel UB 3.6 >> V21 ROM >> KernelV36-UB-V21ROM-Addon >> Reboot >> Other fix zip) flash the V21 ROM. Based on my understanding for the above statement, now I have to flash the above 2 zip files. Am I right??

I think, for the 2 zips, they are for the people who , some how , has problem after using this addon "KernelV36-UB-V21ROM-Addon ".
So, if you are donig well with that addon, no need to do anything else.

Reactions: Bares

Bares

Apr 4, 2011
b@tAm iSlanD
Hi guys, better we wait ferat on this. For me Ferakernel V3.6 is better than V4.5 !!!!!

D

Well..... i think so, but some time i cant wait :), btw, thanks for your advice :).

I only use your addon... V3.6 addon for V21 rom... You told us that if we install the original addon that is with the v3.6 kernel, it will break the fera engine in the rom...

This is good condition to test, so. ... please flash above 2 zips and check the result for day or two :). If there is any lags (a bit), then no need to use any apps or script (yet) for rom, see Feravolt's post in OP.

@Bares,

Not really sure about Other zip, but you can try to flash above 2 zips if you have any problem as above post.

I think, for the 2 zips, they are for the people who , some how , has problem after using this addon "KernelV36-UB-V21ROM-Addon ".
So, if you are donig well with that addon, no need to do anything else.

Yup, suppossed to be yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: jai554

anthony_lrk89

Mar 27, 2012
Penang
Not really sure about Other zip, but you can try to flash above 2 zips if you have any problem as above post.

Ok. Actually I don't have any problem after flashing. So I think I hold the flash for those 2 zip files. Let the ROM runs for a few days or a week time. By the way, the currently the issue is just the hardware LED issue only right??

The zip file I flash as below:
  • FeraLab_v21_Unlimited.zip
  • v21fix.zip
  • KernelV36-UB-V21ROM-Addon.zip
  • DIALER-FIX-FOR-ASTERIC-SYMBOL.zip
  • USB-DEBUGGING-TEMP-FIX.zip
  • UOT-01-26-21-38-1.zip
  • TimeScape.zip
  • UBS-DEBUGGING-DEFAULT.zip

Is there anything else I miss it??

Reactions: Bares

Bares

Apr 4, 2011
b@tAm iSlanD
Ok. Actually I don't have any problem after flashing. So I think I hold the flash for those 2 zip files. Let the ROM runs for a few days or a week time. By the way, the currently the issue is just the hardware LED issue only right??

The zip file I flash as below:
  • FeraLab_v21_Unlimited.zip
  • v21fix.zip
  • KernelV36-UB-V21ROM-Addon.zip
  • DIALER-FIX-FOR-ASTERIC-SYMBOL.zip
  • USB-DEBUGGING-TEMP-FIX.zip
  • UOT-01-26-21-38-1.zip
  • TimeScape.zip
  • UBS-DEBUGGING-DEFAULT.zip

Is there anything else I miss it??

Ok bro, no need to flash above two zip then :)
BTW, someone reported default browser issue (classic view) in this thread, pls try to find it.

Regards

EDIT :
Do you have offline charging issue?
If so, pls flash my previous zip (SHUT-IT-DOWN.zip) above.

Last edited:

anthony_lrk89

Mar 27, 2012
Penang
Ok bro, no need to flash above two zip then :)
BTW, someone reported default browser issue (classic view) in this thread, pls try to find it.

Regards

EDIT :
Do you have offline charging issue?
If so, pls flash my previous zip (SHUT-IT-DOWN.zip) above.
Oh ya, I fixed it too. About the offline charging, I not yet try. If really cannot charge, then I will flash the SHUT-IT-DOWN.zip. Thx, bro...^^

varanda

Jul 6, 2009
Ferakernel 4.5 is inside of the rom :), and yeah... this is for locked bootloader.
And... please use KernelV36-UB-V21ROM-Addon.zip as addon, just is't.
So, installation procedure to use Ferakernel V3.6 UB for Feralab V21 rom is as below :
1. Flash Ferakernel UB V3.6 through flashtool.
2. Boot the phone into xrecovery and flash the rom (Feralab V21).
3. Reboot the phone and let it settle for around up to 5 minutes
4. Reboot into xrecovery (again), and flash my zip (KernelV36-UB-V21ROM-Addon.zip) , and then make a couple of reboots, just is't.

So sorry if i make confusing here :).

I followed these steps except on point 2 where I flashed the ROM and the FIX (v21fix.zip)
On point 1 I just flashed the kernel, not the Fera addon.

I waited the minutes I was supposed to wait and now I have the best ROM I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot...) no reboots, no freezes, 2 to 3 days battery time (I use DS Battery saver), PERFECT for daily usage.

I think there will be a long time before I'll try another ROM.

Thank you Fera, and thank you Bares. This is what I was looking for

P.S. I have the problem with the * but I don't care, it really doesn't matter...
P.P.S. I've tried AnTuTu and it gave me 3685, I think it's nice

Last edited:
Reactions: prioxxx

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
Using a v3.6 1.2GHz Kernel with v21 ROM with WiFi Addon I found I could get things going to start with, while other 'formal' options are introduced/mooted..

I found I'd lost access to cifs.ko and tun.ok as both Cifsmanager and OpenVPN didn't work.
So guessing it just needs the path checked and relinked.
This could lead to other 'oddities' when one uses a feature rich v3.6 Kernel on a ROM which was designed for 'Stock' Kernel.

I was getting around ~3100(998Mhz) to ~3600(1190MHz) with AnTuTu v3.0.3 and V3.6 Kernel

But I see AnTuTu v3.1.1 is now out and this may have changed the results...again.

I'd be interested to known what people get on a FPS benchmark for "Epic Citadel" demo. Needs to be side loaded.
I got 11.2FPS on another ROM/Kernel which doesn't have the latest OpenGL/3D tweaks this v21 ROM has.
Graphics is pretty mind bendingly good and on my 'Stock'/Tweaked GB ROM I could walk out into the countryside and look at the trees and stream.
I did run it on v21 ROM, but rather not say the FPS, as I'm sure I got it wrong, as I can't believe the OpenGL/3D Graphics drivers in this ROM can be that different!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

picture.php

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Do everything at your own risk!

= Welcome =

Welcome to FeraLab Official thread! FeraLab is aftermarket Android firmware, which offers you a lot of features, updates and improvements, not found in original stock firmware build. FeraLab firmware is free and it always will be free. Bring new life to your smartphone, install FeraLab firmware - break the limits!

Intro:
    Feel free to do critics, suggestions or anything else in our discussion thread. If you have a problem or quetion or something, before you do, I suggest you to read XDA Rules. Now tighten your belts - we're going to fly at the speed of light! :)

Extra Info:
    Latest screenshots of firmware will be always available HERE.
    Q&A and Troubleshooting post HERE - Must read!.
    Optimized apps & games HERE.
    Latest changelog will be always available HERE.
    Source code is HERE.

Features list:
    For info about kernel, please visit THIS thread.
    • later please..

Installation:
    If you have locked bootoader - ignore first step, you already have latest kernel built-in ROM package. You may probably want to install LB kernel if you don't have CWM6 recovery.
    ROM will wipe your data, be warned.

-> Get FeraKenel v25 and install it.
    -> Boot-up to CWM6 Recovery & just straightly install ROM following AROMA installation wizard.
    -> After installation, boot your phone, pass setup wizard and wait 2 minutes. Reboot again.
    -> On second boot wait not less than 2 minutes again & reboot.
    -> Done. Do a reboot after you configured your phone. Hit 'Thanks' button and rate this thread if you like my work or consider donating me to let me to have a good dinner. :good:

Thanks to all guys, who contributed, helped, tested my work.. And thanks to all dev's, whose work I used in my firmware. You all are wonderful, amazing, smart, super cool, beautiful people! Peace out!

***FeraLab***

WARNING, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

UPDATE,

After discussions with the developer, FeraVolt has decided that the thread in the x10 general forum is the way to go so now please respect the decision.

If you are having problems with things like apps, kernels or anything that has not been developed in the rom then go to the thread in general or the the thread that the app/kernel concerns.

If you have wishes or bugs that can not be resolved then FeraVolt has agreed you can send a personal message, please do not abuse this kindness by spamming FeraVolts inbox.

Thankyou can be left by using the thanks button, if you are feeling generous then reward all the hard work with a donation. If these 2 methods are not good enough then pm FeraVolt.

FeraVolt has requested a clean thread so please now leave the thread for development and major bugs posts only. I am sure the happiness of your developer with this simple request will leave be productive in your favour as it leaves more time for development of this great rom.

The op has been updated and the link for the thread in the general forum is "HERE"

Have Fun guys.:) colossus.

Your post will be ignored/deleted if you ask things, that are already described on web-site, so please be carefull!
    Peace. FeraVolt :)