[ROOT][HOW TO] Install Google Play Incompatible Android Apps Noob (Simple) Version

Search This thread

Cupidhunters

Jul 25, 2012
Hey hw do I uninstall Swype ? I looked at few options on Kindle but i couldn't figure out

Are there any ways to get WhatsApp to Kindle fire HD ?

Last edited:

bdeatha

Dec 17, 2012
Thanks!

Thank you soo much for this very usefull and informative thread of yours.it helps me alot.now i can access any apps or games in google market using my KFFT.thanks alot and more simple Tutorial for noob to come.it is very easy to follow the steps nor procedures that gives a 100% working and safe to do.have a goodday Bro! :good:

bdeatha

Dec 17, 2012
Thanks!

Thanks a bunch.im gonna try this when i get online.hope it works.im gonna feedback soon.Thanks again! :good:

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010
Why not just use this app i found it in a different thread and it works great its called market helper. http://db.tt/Qz2V0f3l just select a device and select activate

Sent Using My Rooted Kindle Fire HD 7"

kgyuszko

Jan 2, 2013
Very good app, but does seem limited on tablet emulation-or am I missing something? Also suggest you immediately update the app to the latest version as it does give more options.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

mhy1670

Mar 22, 2013
how to install google play store for my huawei honou2 U9508

last week i bought a unit of huawei honor2 u9508, which 2 G RAM, , android version 4.1.2, Emotion UI version 1.5, Kernal versin : 3.0.8 - 02073-gd6ac546 . it is only 2 language (English and China). I cant use google play store. Any body know how to solve my problems

jason600

Nov 26, 2009
The method shown in the original post no longer works with the play store (v4.3.11).

To get it working now, edit the following lines in build.prop:

ro.product.model = Nexus S
ro.product.manufacturer = samsung
ro.product.device = Nexus S

Then force stop/clear data for both the Google Play Store and Google Play services and reboot your device.

Tested and working on an LG Optimus Black, so it should work for all devices.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Update

To All-

I am back after a long bout of health issues. I have changed everything, my diet to my lifestyle.

I am really sorry for the people caught in the cross fire of my health, I will make it up to you over time.

I will begin to reply, slowly! Be patient. Those who have devices in my possession will be repaired in the next month, sorry for the delay but I was unable to do anything over the last months.

Best Regards,

Chris Bryant
Prokennexusa

TanmayPandey

Aug 3, 2013
i.am.so.dead.

I tried this on my micromax canvas 2 running on jelly bean to play asphalt 8 and changed it to nexus 7,asus.cleared cache and data. restarted.
did not work. copied the backup to system then restarted. now i am dead. my phone is not booting. i use suvi rom and it is stucked on the 'S' which comes when booting.
HELP ME!!!!

dcm1200

Jan 31, 2014
Brandon, Fl USA
Mount file options???

I'm still a relative noob to modding but cut my teeth on the HTC my so I'm sure I can do it on my new g3. I'm rooted and have es file explorer but cannot find the mount file storage part you speak of. It's the most upd to date version of es file explorer off that helps. Any help wood be greatly appreciated and I'll thank you in advance.

This is a simple Step-by-Step guide on How To: Install Google Play Incompatible Android Apps Kindle Fire 7" HD, Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and Kindle Fire 2 with Windows - Noob (Simple) Version. The main group steps are outlined with A, B, C while the sub-group steps are outlined with 1, 2, 3. We attempt to keep this tutorial updated regularly - adding information from the end users experience. We have recently upgraded the storage servers to increase uptime, you now have two options for the downloads both are ad free. Option one is a Dropbox Storage Server and Option two is a Ubuntu One Storage Server, if one is under maintenance you may use the other download link. When you are done with the tutorial, please take the time to post feedback, this is very important to us - without your feedback, we have no way of knowing if we are doing our job. Finally, if you feel we did a decent job, please think about donating to us using the "Donate to Me" button - this is how we make a living, without your kind donations we would no longer be able to do this for a living.

Prerequisites:

1. Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Fire HD 8.9" or Kindle Fire 2 7"
2. ES File Explorer or Root Explorer from Google Play.

Some Android apps on Google Play claim to be incompatible with various devices. There’s a good chance that these apps will run fine on many of these devices – you can bypass this check with root access.
Some apps won’t actually work after you install them, but many will. This also solves problems with applications that will install but refuse to play – for example, Boat Browser with the “this device is incompatible” message.

A) Editing Build.prop

The build.prop file contains a few strings (bits of text) that identify your Kindle Fire as KFTT. If you edit this file, Google Play and other apps will think you’re using a different device than you actually using. Be very careful when editing this file – we’ll just be editing a few tiny parts of it. If you edit other parts, you could cause serious problems with your device.
First, launch the ES File Explorer app. Open its Settings screen and enable the Root Explorer and Mount File System options. You may also want to enable the Up to Root option on this screen, so you can easily tap the Up button and navigate to your root directory.

Step 1: Navigate to the /system/ directory on your device and locate the build.prop file.

Step 2: You should create a copy of the original build.prop file elsewhere – long-press on it, select Copy, and then Paste it into another folder – say, your /sdcard/Download folder.

Step 3: Now you’re ready to edit the file. Long-press it, select Open As, select Text, and select the ES Note Editor application

Step 4: Look for the ro.product.model and ro.product.manufacturer lines. These are the important ones.

Step 5: Change these lines to pretend your device is another model. For example, to imitate a Nexus S, use these lines:

• ro.product.model = Nexus S
  • ro.product.manufacturer = samsung
Step 6: After making this change, tap the menu button and select Save.

B) Final Steps

Step 7: Go into the Settings screen, select Applications, select Manage Applications, tap the All category, and select the Google Play app. Clear its cache and data, and then restart the Kindle Fire.

Step 8: Open Google Play and you should be able to download apps that claim they’re not compatible with your Kindle Fire. Applications, Games and Browsers that detect your device should also work, too – Gameloft games seem to be particularly guilty of this. Some apps may still not install or work with your device for other reasons — for example, Google Chrome won’t work on pre-Android 4.0 devices, Bluetooth Tether fails on the Kindle. Some apps may be restricted to certain countries so do not break these rules.

Step 9: Most applications from Google Play Store are installed in the /data/app folder. There are many cases where the application will fail when first launched. If you experience an application that suddenly Stops, move the application to /system/app and change the permissions to User: Read Write | Group: Read and Others: Read. Then reboot your Kindle. If the application continues to fail, please open a post in this thread and we will have our developer work on a solution.

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
To All-

I am back after a long bout of health issues. I have changed everything, my diet to my lifestyle.

I am really sorry for the people caught in the cross fire of my health, I will make it up to you over time.

I will begin to reply, slowly! Be patient. Those who have devices in my possession will be repaired in the next month, sorry for the delay but I was unable to do anything over the last months.

Best Regards,

Chris Bryant
Prokennexusa
No problem mate. Just good to see ya back among us :D
As for the others,gentlemen,please,this is the Kindle Fire HD forum. Please ask for support in your device specific forums. We all want to make XDA a better place. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple Step-by-Step guide on How To: Install Google Play Incompatible Android Apps Kindle Fire 7" HD, Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and Kindle Fire 2 with Windows - Noob (Simple) Version. The main group steps are outlined with A, B, C while the sub-group steps are outlined with 1, 2, 3. We attempt to keep this tutorial updated regularly - adding information from the end users experience. We have recently upgraded the storage servers to increase uptime, you now have two options for the downloads both are ad free. Option one is a Dropbox Storage Server and Option two is a Ubuntu One Storage Server, if one is under maintenance you may use the other download link. When you are done with the tutorial, please take the time to post feedback, this is very important to us - without your feedback, we have no way of knowing if we are doing our job. Finally, if you feel we did a decent job, please think about donating to us using the "Donate to Me" button - this is how we make a living, without your kind donations we would no longer be able to do this for a living.

Prerequisites:

1. Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Fire HD 8.9" or Kindle Fire 2 7"
    2. ES File Explorer or Root Explorer from Google Play.

Some Android apps on Google Play claim to be incompatible with various devices. There’s a good chance that these apps will run fine on many of these devices – you can bypass this check with root access.
    Some apps won’t actually work after you install them, but many will. This also solves problems with applications that will install but refuse to play – for example, Boat Browser with the “this device is incompatible” message.

A) Editing Build.prop

The build.prop file contains a few strings (bits of text) that identify your Kindle Fire as KFTT. If you edit this file, Google Play and other apps will think you’re using a different device than you actually using. Be very careful when editing this file – we’ll just be editing a few tiny parts of it. If you edit other parts, you could cause serious problems with your device.
    First, launch the ES File Explorer app. Open its Settings screen and enable the Root Explorer and Mount File System options. You may also want to enable the Up to Root option on this screen, so you can easily tap the Up button and navigate to your root directory.

Step 1: Navigate to the /system/ directory on your device and locate the build.prop file.

Step 2: You should create a copy of the original build.prop file elsewhere – long-press on it, select Copy, and then Paste it into another folder – say, your /sdcard/Download folder.

Step 3: Now you’re ready to edit the file. Long-press it, select Open As, select Text, and select the ES Note Editor application

Step 4: Look for the ro.product.model and ro.product.manufacturer lines. These are the important ones.

Step 5: Change these lines to pretend your device is another model. For example, to imitate a Nexus S, use these lines:

• ro.product.model = Nexus S
    • ro.product.manufacturer = samsung
    Step 6: After making this change, tap the menu button and select Save.

B) Final Steps

Step 7: Go into the Settings screen, select Applications, select Manage Applications, tap the All category, and select the Google Play app. Clear its cache and data, and then restart the Kindle Fire.

Step 8: Open Google Play and you should be able to download apps that claim they’re not compatible with your Kindle Fire. Applications, Games and Browsers that detect your device should also work, too – Gameloft games seem to be particularly guilty of this. Some apps may still not install or work with your device for other reasons — for example, Google Chrome won’t work on pre-Android 4.0 devices, Bluetooth Tether fails on the Kindle. Some apps may be restricted to certain countries so do not break these rules.

Step 9: Most applications from Google Play Store are installed in the /data/app folder. There are many cases where the application will fail when first launched. If you experience an application that suddenly Stops, move the application to /system/app and change the permissions to User: Read Write | Group: Read and Others: Read. Then reboot your Kindle. If the application continues to fail, please open a post in this thread and we will have our developer work on a solution.
    Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Hi,
    Changing the two lines caused a license problem with Swype keyboard... any of you experienced this ?

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

iCoN3o,

This makes sense, the reason? Swipe Keyboard thinks you have copied the software, here is a fix. Go into More+ > Applications > Installed Applications - find Swipe. Clear the Cache and User Data, then remove Swipe.

Then install our software and wipe the User Data and Cache : Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide MAJOR UPDATE 02/14/2013 at 21:48 Rev4.2.22

Reboot the Kindle. Go to Google Play Store and reinstall Swipe. The issue will disappear.