[KERNEL][AOSP 4.4.x][1.89 GHz OC] UBER 4.1 [Blaze 4g and Exhilarate]

Search This thread

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Enjoy!
This kernel is still in beta.

This is a kernel based off of the wonderful work done by cl3kener. I've merged many new changes since its 4.3 abandonment.

Some standards:
Many governors
OC at 1.89GHz for t769, 1.6 for Exhilarate (i577)
Stability optimization
Battery length

To do:
Work on thread
Fix speakerphone

Downloads can be found here for the t769 and here for the exhilarate

GPL compliance : https://github.com/somcom3x/msm8660-uberkernel

Last edited:

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Can i have this one?
5y4e8ama.jpg

here's a few govs

Issues: can't modify the values in the performance section under settings. Use a third party app like no frills cpu control.

Last edited:

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Changelog:
V2.1
Added more governors
V2.0
Camera Wrapper changes
Merged with CM "Next" branch

ATTN: I have not released may of the recent changes until now
V1.9
Defconfig updates

V1.8
Rolled back Ondemand governor, then added cm's

V1.7
Updated Ondemand governor

V1.6
Removed many governors that seem excessive
removed: Various camera fixes merged

V1.5
Various camera fixes merged

V1.4
Merged with CM upstream (next)
Regulated clock speeds
Tinkered with clock speeds

V1.3
Lowered OC values, promoted stability
Removed Frandom Module
SAMSUNG is now the Default Gov

V1:
Initial uber release

Last edited:

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
The zip for the Blaze says Exhilarate. Just making sure it's the right one! Looking forward to flashing if I can!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
Alright my man, here's what I found on my device (because I understand that they're all different). I followed the op, and the max freq would not budge from 1.89. I tried rebooting, turning off all tweaks available on Gummy, letting it sit. No go. Then I tried using an app to change, no go. I even tried Project Killjoy to see if his cputuner could contain it. Could not. The governors changed, the schedulers changed, no problems there. The other thing (and this might be the kernel, so inform on this if it is) but Android Tuner was reporting the both cores were running the entire time. Usually core 2 is in standby until needed, I was doing nothing that would require both. Because of the locked in freq and both cores, it was demolishing my battery, so I had to restore. But I loved the different governor/scheduler options! If some of this is user error let me know, I'll reflash and try your suggestions! Thanks Somcom for giving this to us

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

I'll test or flash any updates if so desired....

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Alright my man, here's what I found on my device (because I understand that they're all different). I followed the op, and the max freq would not budge from 1.89. I tried rebooting, turning off all tweaks available on Gummy, letting it sit. No go. Then I tried using an app to change, no go. I even tried Project Killjoy to see if his cputuner could contain it. Could not. The governors changed, the schedulers changed, no problems there. The other thing (and this might be the kernel, so inform on this if it is) but Android Tuner was reporting the both cores were running the entire time. Usually core 2 is in standby until needed, I was doing nothing that would require both. Because of the locked in freq and both cores, it was demolishing my battery, so I had to restore. But I loved the different governor/scheduler options! If some of this is user error let me know, I'll reflash and try your suggestions! Thanks Somcom for giving this to us

When you change the value it will revert it back to 1.89 GHz. I'm going to have to fix that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

Reactions: njstein

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
When you change the value it will revert it back to 1.89 GHz. I'm going to have to fix that.

Does this kernel always keep both cores active?

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

There was definitely a performance increase, but whew, chewed my battery down!

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Does this kernel always keep both cores active?

Yes. I thought I disabled it though. It's the frandum module. Removing frandum.ko from system/lib/modules will let you edit the cores in a third party app. Performance changes doesn't seem to be working built-in.

Reactions: njstein

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
Yes. I thought I disabled it though. It's the frandum module. Removing frandum.ko from system/lib/modules will let you edit the cores in a third party app. Performance changes doesn't seem to be working built-in.

That's what frandum.ko is, read about it on various threads and couldn't really find a definitive answer. Cool.

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Next release will have a lowered OC (1.5GHz for now) Frandom is removed as its outdated.
Samsung default gov.,

That's what frandum.ko is, read about it on various threads and couldn't really find a definitive answer. Cool.

frandom lol, typing mistake on my part.

now that you think about it, it is pretty dumb.
(Fran - dum)

Last edited:

LevanG

Aug 21, 2013
autor in the original thread suggests to use TWRP 2.6.1.0+ for this kernel

can it be flashed using Philz Recovery?

Last edited:

LevanG

Aug 21, 2013
Yes?
How was twrp implied?

it is written in Installation Instructions

**** IMPORTANT!!! USE TWRP 2.6.1.0+ for 4.4 kernels!!! Failure to do so may result in bootloops due to changes made to TWRP to accommodate SELinux in 4.4 ROMs (Links include flashable TWRP installation zips credits to meekrawb. Just flash them in your current recovery! ) ****

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
it is written in Installation Instructions

**** IMPORTANT!!! USE TWRP 2.6.1.0+ for 4.4 kernels!!! Failure to do so may result in bootloops due to changes made to TWRP to accommodate SELinux in 4.4 ROMs (Links include flashable TWRP installation zips credits to meekrawb. Just flash them in your current recovery! ) ****

Which op? I don't understand.

Top Liked Posts