[Q]

Search This thread

alaiwat

Apr 19, 2014
I am from Dubai. I recently bought an unlocked at&t optimus g pro e980.
When I am trying to update, I am getting the message 'mobile not registered yet'.
I registered the mobile with LG, USA.
The phone has active a SIM card from local carrier. I do not have AT&T Sim card.
The phone is on 10P versoin.
How to register it?
Any problems if I changed to Cyanogenmod?
Sorry for the many questoins I raised.
Thanks.

stulzerl

Sep 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida
10p is the latest update for our att pro. What update are you trying to install?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

alaiwat

Apr 19, 2014
10p is the latest update for our att pro. What update are you trying to install?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Prem?ium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to check if there is an update. If there is no update available, then why I got the message that the phone was not registered yet?

TheMighyLoki

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to check if there is an update. If there is no update available, then why I got the message that the phone was not registered yet?

You are not the only one. I also have a G Pro but I am on Metro PCS and I get the same message. I think it is because it is not a SIM from AT&T, I may be wrong but I have not found a fix on the AT&T site or the LG site. I HOPE that if/when KitKat come out for G Pro we can install from computer.

alaiwat

Apr 19, 2014
You are not the only one. I also have a G Pro but I am on Metro PCS and I get the same message. I think it is because it is not a SIM from AT&T, I may be wrong but I have not found a fix on the AT&T site or the LG site. I HOPE that if/when KitKat come out for G Pro we can install from computer.

I guess you are right, we have to wait for Kit Kat, OR a new option. Thanks.

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
it happens to me too when i was using Korean f180 with European rom, but on Korean rom i could update just fine.
after searching, i found (only works if you use rom for the phone was made) using the lg rom downloader that uses imei number, you will get registered to LG servers thus you will not get these update errors.
never tried myself, so cant be sure as i always do kdz/tot

stulzerl

Sep 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida
When kit Kat comes out I'm sure the tot file will be available in XDA forums. Then you can just flash with lg flash tools.

Reactions: alaiwat

alaiwat

Apr 19, 2014
it happens to me too when i was using Korean f180 with European rom, but on Korean rom i could update just fine.
after searching, i found (only works if you use rom for the phone was made) using the lg rom downloader that uses imei number, you will get registered to LG servers thus you will not get these update errors.
never tried myself, so cant be sure as i always do kdz/tot

Thanks. May I requst the URL address of LG rom to download, and how to install it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When kit Kat comes out I'm sure the tot file will be available in XDA forums. Then you can just flash with lg flash tools.