Redemption Q&A

Search This thread

bedtime_with_the_bear

Mar 31, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Added wallpaper and boot animation from xda user dingokevin and also a boot animation from team member Trevino07.

Thanks guys. Keep the goodies coming.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

You (personally, and The Collective) put a lot of hard work into the ROM and I'm loving what you put out.

Is there any way to get a preview of the boot animation without installing it? A static screenshot doesn't really do them justice and makes it very difficult to choose.

Davidian-SK

Jul 22, 2011
Bratislava
davidian.endoftheinternet.org
Hi I am using the ROM now for like 12 hours, and I love it from the start..!!
Hope I'm not a pain in the ass already, after asking You so much yesterday!!

Lol, I have a question tho' to one feature I really like:

"The back button application kill"

In Absolution or in CM generally it was possible I think to setup the duration of the keypress needed to kill an app. I have the slight feeling here it closes really quick, which causes me unwanted app closes sometimes. I know I could turn it off, or just simply watch out and get used to it, but was curious, maybe there's a file to modify, or something, that would allow me to modify this.

;)

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL

In Absolution or in CM generally it was possible I think to setup the duration of the keypress needed to kill an app. I have the slight feeling here it closes really quick, which causes me unwanted app closes sometimes. I know I could turn it off, or just simply watch out and get used to it, but was curious, maybe there's a file to modify, or something, that would allow me to modify this.

;)

I'm not in redemption right now...but I believe its

Menu/system settings/developers options/scroll to the bottom to find that feature and check the box.

rasroygbiv

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
Thanks, I know how to turni it on and off, I just wanted to know wether it's possible to modify the time needed for the keypress, before it kills the app.

It isn't something that is easily modified. But is is an issue we are aware odd and it is being looked into.

Melchizedek/Redemption/Absolution

young440

Mar 26, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro

;)

On redemption its under settings, from control, and general UI. Its then towards the bottom. This is also one of my favorite things. Done with it, kill it.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
You (personally, and The Collective) put a lot of hard work into the ROM and I'm loving what you put out.

Is there any way to get a preview of the boot animation without installing it? A static screenshot doesn't really do them justice and makes it very difficult to choose.

There are a couple programs for pc that allow you to see boot animations. Mostly for testing ones you create but I don't see why it couldn't be used to preview the ones you download. I had one but I uninstalled it and don't remember which one it was. Google turned up this from july http://www.xda-developers.com/android/preview-any-boot-animation-on-your-pc/. Not what I used but should work. Happy viewing!

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
There are a couple programs for pc that allow you to see boot animations. Mostly for testing ones you create but I don't see why it couldn't be used to preview the ones you download. I had one but I uninstalled it and don't remember which one it was. Google turned up this from july http://www.xda-developers.com/android/preview-any-boot-animation-on-your-pc/. Not what I used but should work. Happy viewing!

If your wanting to use that tool to preview a boot animation that you downloaded from the ota, you will have to take the boot animation zip out of the zip you downloaded. See, the boot animation zip from the ota is a zip that make is possible to flash the bootanimation.zip that is located inside of it.

Figured I'd give you that heads up in case you start going crazy if it didn't work right away lol.

(I said zip way to many times)

Guichinga

Oct 31, 2009
Bavaria
Latest Alpha Version

Just downloaded the latest Alpha version you announced yesterday from Palringo (after I searched some minutes for the link - as you guys only seems to work during the night :D;)).

Do you have already a changelog available, so that I might be able to check something or identify if my issues have been solved ;)

Guess the rom will be again an outstanding, charming and incredible one :cool:

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
Just downloaded the latest Alpha version you announced yesterday from Palringo (after I searched some minutes for the link - as you guys only seems to work during the night :D;)).

Do you have already a changelog available, so that I might be able to check something or identify if my issues have been solved ;)

Guess the rom will be again an outstanding, charming and incredible one :cool:

Change log is....stuff changed lol. Usually don't get into change logs to much until the public release outside of palringo. BUT we are here to help! What is your issue?

Guichinga

Oct 31, 2009
Bavaria
Change log is....stuff changed lol. Usually don't get into change logs to much until the public release outside of palringo. BUT we are here to help! What is your issue?

Thanks ;)

One issue I saw - which is solved already - was the disabled lockscreen settings. It's enabled now.

The other issue I had was that the toggle between WiFi and mobile data was not always working as it should be. But this I have to check later on. Maybe you know whether it has been solved yet?

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
Thanks ;)

One issue I saw - which is solved already - was the disabled lockscreen settings. It's enabled now.

The other issue I had was that the toggle between WiFi and mobile data was not always working as it should be. But this I have to check later on. Maybe you know whether it has been solved yet?

Not sure yet. I haven't flashed it lol. Been busy. Someone around here or on palrongo will wake up soon and let ya know. I'm taking a break from palringo till Monday so I'm nit sure who's awake lol.

Reactions: Guichinga

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
haven't tried messing w/ those toggles I only use 2 or 3 but new red is yummies!

I've got a question though. So it's alpha, beta, production version. What do would these pre-released alphas be called? alpha alphas? Beta alphas? lol I think of the dumbest crap when I'm bored.

Reactions: rasroygbiv

Guichinga

Oct 31, 2009
Bavaria
So after running alpha 7 now for a day, I can say it is still an extremely smooth ICS version :D

One reported topic is still not working properly. I.e. if you have wifi and mobile data enabled, then ideally whenever you leave your wifi area it is switching automatically to the mobile data connectivity. But this was happening - as in the previous release - only once out of 4 cases. I always have to disable the mobile data option and turn it on again manually and then the mobile data connectivity will be established. :confused::mad:

Otherwise extremelly great rom.

rasroygbiv

Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
So after running alpha 7 now for a day, I can say it is still an extremely smooth ICS version :D

One reported topic is still not working properly. I.e. if you have wifi and mobile data enabled, then ideally whenever you leave your wifi area it is switching automatically to the mobile data connectivity. But this was happening - as in the previous release - only once out of 4 cases. I always have to disable the mobile data option and turn it on again manually and then the mobile data connectivity will be established. :confused::mad:

Otherwise extremelly great rom.

Or you can just turn off wifi when you are leaving an area where you are using it. Thanks for the report, but there is a reason I drop those test builds in Palringo... So reports can go there and not confuse people about something that hasn't been released yet. :p;) oh well, guess we should just go ahead and release it. I will get it up this afternoon. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: papa bewr

Guichinga

Oct 31, 2009
Bavaria
Or you can just turn off wifi when you are leaving an area where you are using it. Thanks for the report, but there is a reason I drop those test builds in Palringo... So reports can go there and not confuse people about something that hasn't been released yet. :p;) oh well, guess we should just go ahead and release it. I will get it up this afternoon. :cool:

Yes, but the issue is, that you guys are taking your well deserved sleep when I am in the Palringo room :D

Galaen

Jan 28, 2009
Lufkin, Texas
I am no stranger to my device freezing on me using ics. It's going to happen. I must say that Red is extraordinarily stable for me. Thank you for that.

That said, I have noticed something. If I reboot the device (normal method using the power menu), 75% of the time it freezes and I have to pull the battery. This happens for regular reboots and ones to recovery and bootloader. I know we are asked to not report freezes and whatnot, but this is new to me, so I felt the need to see if this is unusual.

If it helps, I did a full wipe and clean install of rom and apps. Turned off OC/UV as well. Also, I am still on the test version. I don't guess anything has changed for the official release....or has it???? :sly:

Last edited:

rasroygbiv

Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
I am no stranger to my device freezing on me using ics. It's going to happen. I must say that Red is extraordinarily stable for me. Thank you for that.

That said, I have noticed something. If I reboot the device (normal method using the power menu), 75% of the time it freezes and I have to pull the battery. This happens for regular reboots and ones to recovery and bootloader. I know we are asked to not report freezes and whatnot, but this is new to me, so I felt the need to see if this is unusual.

If it helps, I did a full wipe and clean install of rom and apps. Turned off OC/UV as well. Also, I am still on the test version. I don't guess anything has changed for the official release....or has it???? :sly:

Nope, nothing changed. I have experienced the same from time to time. Hoping to get it cleared up soon.

Reactions: Galaen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, just an update on the wayward dev. Joe is working 80 hrs a week right now and has been too busy for much other than work and sleep. He hasn't forgotten about you guys and will be back as soon as he can.