Root/recovery

Search This thread

jarzy00

Oct 7, 2011
Rochester
Hey guys just received brand new HTC one out of the box. Just wondering quickest method of root right now and what people are using for their recoveries. Yes I have researched but I see a lot of things out there. I'm sure one of your guys response would be quicker. If you could post links for root and a good recovery that would be appreciated. I'm on 4.2.2 thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne
Hey guys just received brand new HTC one out of the box. Just wondering quickest method of root right now and what people are using for their recoveries. Yes I have researched but I see a lot of things out there. I'm sure one of your guys response would be quicker. If you could post links for root and a good recovery that would be appreciated. I'm on 4.2.2 thanks in advance.

3 steps.....
unlock bootloader through htcdev. flash custom recovery. flash rom.

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN

I assume you have the international unlocked One, not any of the U.S. carrier branded Ones.

1) Go to htcdev.com, create an account. Choose the option to unlock the bootloader. You need the fastboot drivers. Easy to find
2) Once you're bootloader unlocked, flash TWRP recovery from this link:
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
3) Install SuperSU once u have TWRP(the app will be installed automatically). Run the app
4) You're rooted. Very naize

P.S. I would advise u to S-OFF your phone after rooting it, coz certain ROMs aint compatible with S-ON, ur default. So, before installing the 4.4.2 OTA, flash ARHD 31.6, run the rumrunner tool

jarzy00

Oct 7, 2011
Rochester
I don't have an international unlocked one

Verizon wireless u.s.a and I'm on 4.2.2 and I waited to update to kitkat because I didn't know if there was an exploit for root and stuff like that. Can my bootloader still be unlocked? Keep in mind I'm 100% stock on 4.2.2 I just kind of need to be steered in the right direction on what to do next seeing as though there is an overwhelming amount of mods out for this phone.

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Verizon wireless u.s.a and I'm on 4.2.2 and I waited to update to kitkat because I didn't know if there was an exploit for root and stuff like that. Can my bootloader still be unlocked? Keep in mind I'm 100% stock on 4.2.2 I just kind of need to be steered in the right direction on what to do next seeing as though there is an overwhelming amount of mods out for this phone.

Yeah, u need to use rumrunner tool, not the HTC dev unlock.
http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/

Download for Verizon, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND PRE-REQUISITES CAREFULLY

And, btw, this is not the thread for the Verizon One. Hence, there are no ROMs which support the Verizon variant. Flashing a ROM from the development thread for HTC One WILL BRICK UR PHONE. Make sure u flash ROMs/MODs for the Verizon One from:
http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one

FYI, if u want the most mods/roms, u should have bought the unlocked One

Reactions: jarzy00

jarzy00

Oct 7, 2011
Rochester

Okay thank you very much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, u need to use rumrunner tool, not the HTC dev unlock.
    http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/

Download for Verizon, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND PRE-REQUISITES CAREFULLY

And, btw, this is not the thread for the Verizon One. Hence, there are no ROMs which support the Verizon variant. Flashing a ROM from the development thread for HTC One WILL BRICK UR PHONE. Make sure u flash ROMs/MODs for the Verizon One from:
    http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one

FYI, if u want the most mods/roms, u should have bought the unlocked One
    Okay thank you very much

Pls hit the thanks button :)

P.S. Why are you quoting yourself?? Quote me