[Q] Note 4 out yet?

Search This thread

ascanio1

Jan 15, 2011
Tokyo
My Note 3 SM-N9005 just died of SDS... it's on its wat to Samsung...

Thinking of a new large size phone: any news when the Sammy Note 4 will be out? September or before summer? Any leaks? Any info?

Any suggestioon for a similar size specs device?

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Oppo Find 7... Specs look good and it seems a solid choice. You can root and change roms too... About $600 from Oppo.com...

Reactions: ascanio1

ascanio1

Jan 15, 2011
Tokyo
Oppo Find 7... Specs look good and it seems a solid choice. You can root and change roms too... About $600 from Oppo.com...
Costs the same as the LG G3 but has no camera lens stabilizer and less memory. Besides... it's made by Oppo!

Oppo = unreliable!

Oppo has a very bad reputation amongst Home Theatre lovers... it's a young company that cuts corners on warranty and tech support.

Looks like LG G3 or another Samsung...

ascanio1

Jan 15, 2011
Tokyo
I think the xperia z2 is the closest to the note 3
I made a little matrix and I agree: the Xperia Z2, LG G3, hTC One Max are the closest devices to the Note 3.

Oppo is in a completely different reliability, quality, reputation, brand, etc league. It's like comparing a shoot off between Maradona and Pelé and trying to squeeze in a player from a 3rd level local league only because he can boast o good goal average! Specs alone mean nothing...

:laugh: LOL!

But I do appreciate, very much, all the suggestions, including the Oppo. I looked up all these devices and I'm considering the LG G3 and the Experia Z2. In the end the screen size will decide it, I think... Experia Z Ultra is a generation behind the Z2/G3

Last question: does the android community develop for both the One Max, Z2 and G3?

The Note 4 will be announced at the Samsung Unpacked event on 3 september 2014, two days prior to the IFA, in Berlin.

It'll be available in the shops around the last week of September worldwide, and the first or second week of October for the US.

Most high-end devices today have specs near to the Note 3, the only difference lies in the amount of RAM.

Last edited:

sachinaik

Jun 6, 2011
Bangalore
OP trust me. If you were using note 3 then only the Note3 itself or Note 4 can meet your expectations. No other phone is worth it.

Let me tell you some of the major faults in current flagships that is like a stab in the back of N3 user if he tries to move away from N3 :

1. HTC M8: low res camera. Boomsound grills placement uncomfortable to pick up calls on left ear. I.E 1/3rd of the grills on the phones left side are not open. You need to carefully see it. Well note also that 2/3rd of the grill holes are not cut out on the bottom boomsound speaker.

2. One Max : Low res camera.

3. Z2 : inconsitant camera photo quality at all but 8MP superior auto. Overheats a lot. Unable to record 4k > 1 min because camera app force closes because of overheat. 4k recording is pretty inconsistent. Sunlight visibility is pathetic.

4. G3 : Beware of this beautifull monster. The contrast ratio is pathetic.. its in 3 digits. Everything will look dull to you as especially you are going from N3 infinite contrast ratio screen. Sunlight visibility is, let's put it this way, screen is not visible in sunlight.

S5: Lesser battery life compared to Note3. Lesser internal memory compared to Note3 , if 32GB version is available then it's ok. Also the dimpled back is no match for N3's professional stylish black leather finish plastic back. Also black N3 has brushed metal look in bezels.

So my suggestion is to wait for N4 or buy another N3.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ascanio1

Jan 15, 2011
Tokyo
OP trust me. If you were using note 3 then only the Note3 itself or Note 4 can meet your expectations. No other phone is worth it.
I read with your post with attention. Thank you, I appreciate the time.

- hTC M8 has a 5" display which is too small for me: I want the 5.7" or more.

- hTC Max One is closer to the N3 in size at 5.9". On the hTC One Max I like the fingerprint security but I don't like the 2GB Vs 3GB RAM... I am constantly at 3/4 RAM usage on my 3GB N3 even using Greenify and Clean Master Apps... so I'm not so sure that 2GB is enough for me... Plus the Snapdragon 600 is a bit slower than the 800 but not really a deal breaker. What is a deal breaker for me is the lower quality display: I went in a shop and on a sunny day the display is invisible! An other problem, as you pointed out, is the images which it takes... overall, not as beautiful on my PC screen as the ones from the N3. So the hTC One Max is out of the contest.

- Z2 has a smaller display so I didn't consider it.

- Z Ultra has a nice size display but not as nice under the sunlight... and Sony won't help me confirm which version runs LTE radios on both band 1 and 3 as I use 2 carriers and I need both bands. So Z Ultra too... bye bye.

- G3 I read your comment:
Beware of this beautifull monster. The contrast ratio is pathetic.. its in 3 digits. Everything will look dull to you as especially you are going from N3 infinite contrast ratio screen. Sunlight visibility is, let's put it this way, screen is not visible in sunlight.
Trusting you and other reviewers but I do like the Optical Lens stabilizer...

- S5: Display too small

So I agree with you... since my N3 is not working I have 2 options: buy a second hand N3 and wait for the new N4 or send my N3 for repairs to some repair shop as Samsung Hong Kong will not recognize my warranty (4 months old phone).

By the way, can anyone help me to find out which is the country of origin of my phone? Samsung Hong Kong said it's not an HK phone but won't disclose the country of origin which is the only place where I can claim my warranty!

And... beware of the Hong Kong internet shop www.imobilephonex.com!!!

Before purchasing I emailed them asking warranty details and they replied "it is covered by an international warranty".

Problem is that this is false: Samsung HK told me that it is not and to call the seller to obtain warranty. At www.imobilephonex.com a guy called Jacky Ng asked me 300US$ to handle the "international warranty"!

Last edited:

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
By the way, can anyone help me to find out which is the country of origin of my phone? Samsung Hong Kong said it's not an HK phone but won't disclose the country of origin which is the only place where I can claim my warranty!

You can download phone info. .. This will tell you the original csc. Then you'll know which country it came from

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ascanio1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Note 4 will be announced at the Samsung Unpacked event on 3 september 2014, two days prior to the IFA, in Berlin.

It'll be available in the shops around the last week of September worldwide, and the first or second week of October for the US.

Most high-end devices today have specs near to the Note 3, the only difference lies in the amount of RAM.

Let me tell you some of the major faults in current flagships that is like a stab in the back of N3 user if he tries to move away from N3 :

1. HTC M8: low res camera. Boomsound grills placement uncomfortable to pick up calls on left ear. I.E 1/3rd of the grills on the phones left side are not open. You need to carefully see it. Well note also that 2/3rd of the grill holes are not cut out on the bottom boomsound speaker.

2. One Max : Low res camera.

3. Z2 : inconsitant camera photo quality at all but 8MP superior auto. Overheats a lot. Unable to record 4k > 1 min because camera app force closes because of overheat. 4k recording is pretty inconsistent. Sunlight visibility is pathetic.

4. G3 : Beware of this beautifull monster. The contrast ratio is pathetic.. its in 3 digits. Everything will look dull to you as especially you are going from N3 infinite contrast ratio screen. Sunlight visibility is, let's put it this way, screen is not visible in sunlight.

S5: Lesser battery life compared to Note3. Lesser internal memory compared to Note3 , if 32GB version is available then it's ok. Also the dimpled back is no match for N3's professional stylish black leather finish plastic back. Also black N3 has brushed metal look in bezels.

So my suggestion is to wait for N4 or buy another N3.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

You can download phone info. .. This will tell you the original csc. Then you'll know which country it came from

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    HTC One Max.
    It's a beautiful phone with comparable specs to the Note 3.
    Course, that's if you can get over the sealed unit with non removable battery and no memory card slot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
    G3 or another note 3 are in your future

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk