[CM9] User Support Thread / FAQ [HBO GO works w/CM9]

Search This thread

Modoru

Apr 5, 2012
Has anyone else been having issues with Pandora? I can't seem to get anything to play while I'm running 3G [note there's no 4G coverage where I live, so that's not an option]. Pandora's busted only when I'm not on a wifi connection, which is just weird. I've tried Pandora's suggestions, deleting the app, re-downloading, clearing the app's data, etc. Nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any ideas, or could I possibly try flashing a different modem and seeing if that works?

Thanks in advance!

danipoak

Feb 27, 2012
Has anyone else been having issues with Pandora? I can't seem to get anything to play while I'm running 3G [note there's no 4G coverage where I live, so that's not an option]. Pandora's busted only when I'm not on a wifi connection, which is just weird. I've tried Pandora's suggestions, deleting the app, re-downloading, clearing the app's data, etc. Nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any ideas, or could I possibly try flashing a different modem and seeing if that works?

Thanks in advance!

No issues here either. I've been using Jango lately but I'll try Pandora again and if I have an issue I'll report back.

Modoru

Apr 5, 2012
It's driving me nuts, I've been trying to listen to music in my car, but no dice.

I was running BETA-4 when it started, but changed to RC1 and still no luck. Other than that I don't have any specific changes to my Epic.

Could there be an underlying reason I'm not noticing? The app worked fine before, and it happened over time, not overnight.

Skirge01

Feb 22, 2011
Browser speed issue?

First, thanks to the Cyanogen team! Definitely a fan of all your work.

Last week, I flashed CM9 (from CM7) and, ever since, I've noticed a huge slowdown in the time it takes webpages to appear. This is both over 3G and my home wifi. I tried the stock browser and also Dolphin, which I was using with CM7, as well. I've been searching FAQ's, forums, and Google for similar issues, but have come up empty, so I've come to the experts. If no one else has noticed this, any ideas where to look for the cause?

Thanks.

cjshrader

Nov 22, 2011
Hello all,

I have the CM9 Stable Version installed on my Epic 4G. I have no additional sound apps installed. I have confirmed this issue on my friend's Galaxy S2 Epic Touch running CM9 as well.

If you are in vibrate and plug in headphones to the 3.5mm jack, it will take the phone out of vibrate. If you then receive a phone call/notification, the sound will come through the phone (Not the headphones). Remove the headphones and the phone goes back into vibrate.

I need one of two solutions, either:
1. Don't take the phone out of vibrate when headphones are plugged in, or
2. Play sound through headphones when headphones are plugged in. I'd prefer option 2, but will take either.

On the CM wiki I see these settings listed:
Always play on speaker: Notifications [checkbox]: Play notifications through speaker even if headphones are connected.
Always play on speaker: Ring tones [checkbox]: Play ring tones through speaker even if headphones are connected.
Always play on speaker: Alarms [checkbox]: Play alarms through speaker even if headphones are connected.

But they don't exist on my phone. Is there a place where I can modify these? I feel like they are all checked when I want them unchecked.

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Hello all,

I have the CM9 Stable Version installed on my Epic 4G. I have no additional sound apps installed. I have confirmed this issue on my friend's Galaxy S2 Epic Touch running CM9 as well.

If you are in vibrate and plug in headphones to the 3.5mm jack, it will take the phone out of vibrate. If you then receive a phone call/notification, the sound will come through the phone (Not the headphones). Remove the headphones and the phone goes back into vibrate.

I need one of two solutions, either:
1. Don't take the phone out of vibrate when headphones are plugged in, or
2. Play sound through headphones when headphones are plugged in. I'd prefer option 2, but will take either.

On the CM wiki I see these settings listed:
Always play on speaker: Notifications [checkbox]: Play notifications through speaker even if headphones are connected.
Always play on speaker: Ring tones [checkbox]: Play ring tones through speaker even if headphones are connected.
Always play on speaker: Alarms [checkbox]: Play alarms through speaker even if headphones are connected.

But they don't exist on my phone. Is there a place where I can modify these? I feel like they are all checked when I want them unchecked.

You could always use Tasker, until if/when they implement what you want done.

$.02

threebeers

Oct 5, 2010
Thanks devs went from rooted stock to CM9 stable last week. Turned off wallpapers and the all black slab is slick. Faster than NC on CM9, no lag so far.

Observations and questions.

Flash player does not show up in Play Store. I've got whatever stock flash apk was backed up on Titanium before flashing but don't want to restore in case it messes something up. How come no flash in the store and what to do? Is flash already built into the ROM?

Best RSS reader Newsrob mobilized using the Instapaper plugin zoomed in and out fine on Stock before and after rooting. Now it doesn't. Not talking about changing font size in settings medium is too small and large is too big. Any ideas?

Works with no Sprint plan, using Skype for calls and text free for texts and K9 for emails. All is good so far. Couldn't get Google Voice to go, it wanted a sprint account. Would like to use GV with GrooveIP or equivalent Any ideas?

Thanks again Amazing an OS designed for dual core works so well on this Chevy.

twig123

Mar 16, 2010
Flash player does not show up in Play Store. I've got whatever stock flash apk was backed up on Titanium before flashing but don't want to restore in case it messes something up. How come no flash in the store and what to do? Is flash already built into the ROM?
Adobe has stopped development of Flash for mobile devices and have pulled the installation from the the Play Store as of the 15th.
AFAIK, you can still just install the Flash 11 apk if you have one backed up from a previous install and you should be peachy.

Anyways, on to the issue that brought me here... Java doesn't seem to work properly on CM9 Stable.
I try to browse to a site that uses Java (say niranjanthilak.com/facebook-sync-for-android-ics-devices), the browser will just completely crash back to the home screen. I tried this in both the stock Browser as well as Dolphin with the same results. However, if I turn off Java support in Dolphin, the website loads without crashing.

Anyone else having this issue?

eoliver12332

Jan 3, 2013
Mms message issue

Hello,
I am a new guy here but love the cm9 so far. The only issue I am having is that when I try to send a picture message it gets stuck in sending and wont send. Any help on a fix for this would be great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM9: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G
    CyanogenMod 9 for Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G - User Support.

Please check these areas below for the answer to your issue:

Official FAQ
    Customization Guide
    Battery Optimization Guide

Lastly, check the issue tracker to see if the issue you are having has already been reported.

EpicCM9 Issue Tracker

You ask ... so whats next??
    Check here.

Finally, you still can’t find the answers you need? Please feel free to continue to post your questions here. We’ll do our best to find the answers you need.

Thanks to BigGoron/Uber, Meetface, kennyglass123 and edfunkycold again for their help here!
    Installation Issues

[moved to official faq]
    Lol i tried the ODIN back to stock part.....still didnt work, i rerooted it and put CM9 back, still no luck

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

If you ODIN back to stock el30 rom and it didn't work that gave you the answer. Don't bother trying cm9 or anything else its not software related. It most likely is hardware or sprint issue. You should have left the stock rom and taken your phone to sprint.

Sent from my MTD Epic 4G SGS using Tapatalk
    Have to delete or rename a file.

Found the answer here:
    forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/41210-cm9-alpha-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__297331

rename or delete this file and it will start running the bootanimation.zip again.

/data/property/persist.sys.nobootanimation

That setting was removed by CM.

Boot animation is working.
    post # 2898:Originally Posted by Marlinsfan88
    i must be blind or retarded but i cant find the download link for the ROM =(
    MeetFace:Or both?...hehe, had to =D

You need to visit the CMEpic website, this same link is in the OP
    http://epiccm.blogspot.com/p/cm9-install-guide.html

post #2901:Originally Posted by Marlinsfan88
    which one do i download out of the 1-6?
    jdelano:
    CM9 alpha4 [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
    each has the same zip file; so any of them.

GApps will display a google page that lists links to download the zip file. Again just click one to download the file.

post# 2911
    davidh59
    This afternoon my phone beeped at me that the battery was low ( which it shouldn't have been ) then shut itself off. A few minutes later I turned it on and the battery was at 56%. Anyone have an idea on tracking down what happened? I've had nothing like this on any of the alphas.

On stock alpha 4

jdelano
    I had something like this today; 15% it beeped, I waited until it got down to about 11% (i wanted two days off charge). I plugged in my phone to my PC, the PC nor the phone saw they were connected to each other. So I rebooted the phone (with the usb still connected). When it came back up, it had 46% battery; the PC then saw the phone then.

I'll run it down until it beeps again to see if it happens. if we can repeat it we can submit it to CM

Similar problems here, I submitted the issue and the reaction was that all roms are supposed to shut down at low battery, they mentioned possibly lowering the value for the shut down, but marked the bug as an Enhancement instead of a defect.