|ROM| Graviton v1.2 | You Will Be Assimilated | Multi-Carrier [11 Mar 2013]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kjpedro

Aug 1, 2012
Montreal
Re: **New Version** |ROM| Graviton v1.2 | Aroma | You Will Be Assimilated [11 Mar 201

Hi dev!

So far it's been great the only thing is that when using bravia engine to share photos in another app, let's say facebook or google+, it force close the gallery. Other than that it's awesome for me! Thank you so much for this rom!!

:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: upndwn4par

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
Hi dev!

So far it's been great the only thing is that when using bravia engine to share photos in another app, let's say facebook or google+, it force close the gallery. Other than that it's awesome for me! Thank you so much for this rom!!

:)

Thanks. Does this work on CSROM?

Douchie0221

Jul 17, 2012
Re: **New Version** |ROM| Graviton v1.2 | Aroma | You Will Be Assimilated [11 Mar 201

This ROM is awesome!

I'm having a small issue with the camera though.

The initial flash used to find a focus point is sticking too long and the camera takes a picture off of that so the picture is super bright. Once the photo is taken the second short flash is being initiated.

Then when using the camera in just a normal well lighted setting it seems to take a while and get stuck when the camera actually takes the photo. Its taking around 4-5 seconds to snap a picture in a well lit area.

Ive tried re-flashing and its still a problem. I wonder if deleting the apk and just downloading a seperate 4.2 camera apk would fix it?

Other than this issue this is a very solid ROM. Thanks for the awesow work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

jroyalty7

May 31, 2009
Buffalo

This ROM is awesome!

I'm having a small issue with the camera though.

The initial flash used to find a focus point is sticking too long and the camera takes a picture off of that so the picture is super bright. Once the photo is taken the second short flash is being initiated.

Then when using the camera in just a normal well lighted setting it seems to take a while and get stuck when the camera actually takes the photo. Its taking around 4-5 seconds to snap a picture in a well lit area.

Ive tried re-flashing and its still a problem. I wonder if deleting the apk and just downloading a seperate 4.2 camera apk would fix it?

Other than this issue this is a very solid ROM. Thanks for the awesow work!

I read somewhere that its a 4.2 camera issue and you have to set it to action to resolve the issue. Also you can try flashing the 4.2 camera I posted in this thread I believe sometimes that helps too. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Douchie0221

Jul 17, 2012

I read somewhere that its a 4.2 camera issue and you have to set it to action to resolve the issue. Also you can try flashing the 4.2 camera I posted in this thread I believe sometimes that helps too. :D

I just reflashed the 4.2 camera and and its snapping pictures much faster in auto mode.

The flash is still wacky though. Does anyone else have the flash problem? I'm on imoseyons lean kernel but I don't think it would affect the camera operation would it?

STROMAS

Jan 3, 2012
Conway
Looking to get the stock dialer for this, would i just pull the apk from csrom and put it into system/app and fix permissions?

THADDIUS25

Oct 16, 2011
SELMA

Anyone got a zip for the stock Samsung music player

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth
Flashing this tonight. Randomly lost my GPS the other day. Excited for the only the fly battery mod. I read the how to on that and I see why many don't put it in. Still trying to find a AOSP walkthrough not for the i9300.

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth
Flashed it last night and got it setup up how I want it and it's awesome. Loving the changes and nice little tweaks. I did get a 5x6 launcher to work :)

- Pulled one from another well know ROM
- Pushed it to system/app and changed permissions
- Renamed the launcher CSROM_launcher.apk.bak
- Moved renamed launcher to ext SD card
- Reboot, wipe cache's, and fixed permissions (not sure if necessary) and voila it worked perfectly.

The only thing I noticed and this seems to be a first on a ROM I've used is when I choose the center clock option all the icons will fit correctly when wifi, bluetooth, voicemail, gmail etc have icons in the status bar. The rub becomes once you get to many on the left side i.e. installing aps from market or using titanium backup the icons will just keep going and be over the clock. In other words the clock won't move to accomidate more in the status bar. A biggie, nope not at all. Just something I noticed. I am not sure if this is an effect of the modded status bar or the clock.

I tried to give DR Appmachine another go but I hated it and just ended up just unzipping and pushing what I wanted to system/app

I think I forget what is already installed and that if I select I want to keep something it will install the original one and not keep the modded one i.e contacts, phone, gmail, a few other inverted apps I had pushed.

Gorgeous ROM as always and themed practically and not just for the heck of it. There aren't those gaps that just make things look terrible. So classy

What is your feeling about implementing an AOSP pull down and status bar ? Touchwiz's is a bit clunky.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-14-07-51-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-14-07-51-29.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Screenshot_2013-03-14-07-50-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-14-07-50-38.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 337
Reactions: jroyalty7

rykr

Apr 7, 2010

Getting random lockups with this ROM. Also MMS quick reply is very hard to read due to theme. Anything we can do about that? Sorry I don't have more info on the crashes yet. Mostly excellent job sir

oldbbman

Sep 30, 2010
Austin Texas

Getting random lockups with this ROM. Also MMS quick reply is very hard to read due to theme. Anything we can do about that? Sorry I don't have more info on the crashes yet. Mostly excellent job sir

Did you do clean install?
what rom are you coming from?

Reactions: upndwn4par

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
Flashed it last night and got it setup up how I want it and it's awesome. Loving the changes and nice little tweaks. I did get a 5x6 launcher to work :)

- Pulled one from another well know ROM
- Pushed it to system/app and changed permissions
- Renamed the launcher CSROM_launcher.apk.bak
- Moved renamed launcher to ext SD card
- Reboot, wipe cache's, and fixed permissions (not sure if necessary) and voila it worked perfectly.

The only thing I noticed and this seems to be a first on a ROM I've used is when I choose the center clock option all the icons will fit correctly when wifi, bluetooth, voicemail, gmail etc have icons in the status bar. The rub becomes once you get to many on the left side i.e. installing aps from market or using titanium backup the icons will just keep going and be over the clock. In other words the clock won't move to accomidate more in the status bar. A biggie, nope not at all. Just something I noticed. I am not sure if this is an effect of the modded status bar or the clock.

I tried to give DR Appmachine another go but I hated it and just ended up just unzipping and pushing what I wanted to system/app

I think I forget what is already installed and that if I select I want to keep something it will install the original one and not keep the modded one i.e contacts, phone, gmail, a few other inverted apps I had pushed.

Gorgeous ROM as always and themed practically and not just for the heck of it. There aren't those gaps that just make things look terrible. So classy

What is your feeling about implementing an AOSP pull down and status bar ? Touchwiz's is a bit clunky.

Lol...you crack me up man. :)

Nice job with the launcher. You really seem to be getting the hang of this stuff.

My plan is to have the notifications, icons, etc. disappear behind the clock. WIP.

I haven't thought much about the notification drawer, but the status bar would most likely have some compatibility issues.

Reactions: Mac1679

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth

I was getting those too. You have to unselect options if you have the AOSP lockscreen and it will stop.
Lol...you crack me up man. :)

Nice job with the launcher. You really seem to be getting the hang of this stuff.

My plan is to have the notifications, icons, etc. disappear behind the clock. WIP.

I haven't thought much about the notification drawer, but the status bar would most likely have some compatibility issues.

Its an option in several ROMs and morphology allows you to pick it when you theme touch wiz. I'm not sure if it is a skin or if it actually the AOSP pulldown and status bar.

loving the blackberry lockscreen and the graviton battery options.

Last edited:

rykr

Apr 7, 2010

I did do a full wipe off system, cache, dalvik cache, and did a factory reset. I was coming from loser ROM 1.8. Last night I determined that it was the aosp lock screen

I also wanted to point out that MMS quick reply has black text making it nearly impossible to read

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

I also saw something else weird. Yesterday I was watching the galaxy s4 reveal while traveling. The bandwidth was not great so YouTube would buffer from time to time. On this ROM often the video would resume playing but the audio would not. As a test I watched the rest of the show with my wife's stock gs3 and it had no issue. Not sure if this is a bug in the YouTube app or if this rom is doing something with audio that is strange.

gmac1990

Feb 2, 2012

What are people seeing for average battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    graviton3.jpg

This is not CSROM.
    This is not a clean slate to modify as you wish.
    This is Graviton.
    You will be assimilated....

graviton_ss5.jpg

grav_menu1.jpg

Introducing Graviton, a majorly de-bloated and AOSPified ROM based on AT&T Jelly bean 4.1.1 (DLK3).

I created a custom theme with an AOSP feel that permeates the ROM. Only a few APKs remain to be themed.

Many apps have been replaced with their AOSP/CM10 counterparts. All will be replaced in time.

The only Samsung apps remaining are required to provide basic functionality to the device.

Please don't ask me to replace any Samsung apps - not happening.

Features
    On-The-Fly Battery Mod
    Multi-Lockscreen Mod
    Lockscreen Torch
    Completely stable
    Excellent battery life
    Crazy fast
    Custom made AOSP Theme
    Nav Bar option
    Super light weight - 410 MB
    (not counting Aroma options)
    Boots in about 30 seconds
    Modified CSROM Launcher (TW)
    -5 Page default
    -No icon text in dock
    -No page looping
    -Wallpaper scrolling
    1% battery mod
    Advanced reboot menu
    Stock boot animation (non-AT&T)
    Carrier labels removed
    No ascending ring tone
    init.d support
    No ongoing wifi notification
    Battery bar
    Clock options menu
    Left clock with small AM/PM
    Tethering hack
    Lockscreen music track skip
    Menu button app kill
    Stock kernel

AOSP / CM10 Features:
    -Lockscreen
    -Email
    -MMS (4.2)
    -Camera and Gallery (4.2)
    -Keyboard (4.2)
    -Music Player
    -DSPManager
    -Terminal Emulator
    -Calculator
    -Movie Studio
    -Theme

Aroma Options
    Multi-Carrier
    GApps (Gmail, Maps, Talk)
    Lockscreen rotation
    Nav Bar
    Texting data wipe
    Email data wipe
    Black and Transparent Status Bar
    Clock options:
    left, center, right
    blue, white

Not Working
    If you are having problems setting contact pics, download one of the alternate galleries on post #2.
    There are a number of problems when using lockscreen rotation. If you choose this option, please don't post bugs.
    Only when using the nav bar:
    -Top of call log list and part of the dialer during calls are cut off
    -long press menu button app kill not working

Many Thanks To:
    mrRobinson for the stock firmware
    dsixda for the Kitchen
    amarullz for Aroma installer
    Current Testers: oldbbman, jroyalty7, Mac1679, gcarterny, FeelLikeThis
    loserskater for fully functioning AOSP MMS
    didact74 for sharing his awesome mods
    All the devs whose mods I used
    Everyone that contributes to the xda community
    Everyone that uses my ROMs

Credits:
    David Dee, didact74, electron73, enewman17, lidroid, loserskater,
    PvyParts, sphinx02, vlara, VillainRom, wanam, yoelsd
    CyanogenMod, Google, Samsung
    (If I missed anyone please let me know!)

Be sure to use the Q&A and FAQ Thread for non-development related questions and discussion.

Please Do Not hotlink my work - xda is where it stays
    Please do not use any part of this ROM without permission

Download
    Graviton_v1.2_MC1.zip

Install
    (Flash at your own risk!!!)
    Nandroid backup
    Factory reset in recovery if coming from a non-TouchWiz ROM
    Flash in recovery (button or touch)
    Choose options in Aroma installer
    Don't forget to choose your carrier!

Wiping Tools

Stock Apps

Porting Guide

Random SGS3 Mods

Pure Stock ROM

MD5 Utility

Patches and Extras
    Samsung AllShare

Samsung Camera

Samsung Gallery

Note2 Camera and Gallery

MMS from v1.0 (not inverted)

v1.2MC
    "On the Fly" battery mod (Didact74)
    Lockscreen torch
    Rearranged settings menu
    Bravia engine (Aroma)
    Multi-carrier package
    Status Bar Options (Aroma):
    Black
    Transparent
    Clock options (Aroma):
    left, center, right
    blue, white
    Multiple Lockscreen Mod (didact74):
    Acer Cloud
    AOSP
    Blackberry 10
    Galaxy S3
    LG Optimus

The "On The Fly" battery mod by Didact74 which allows for real time switching of battery icons (there are about 20 to choose from). Go to Display Settings for battery options.

I made a huge number of changes to the status bar. This is still a WIP, so there are a few bugs and quirks that I will fix in coming versions.

To remove the Bravia engine you must update flash the ROM.

Once again a multi-carrier package. Don't forget to choose your carrier in Aroma!

See post #3 for updated ROM instructions.

Updated screenshots on OP.

Enjoy!

There are a number of problems when using lockscreen rotation.
    I will leave the option available since some users really want it.
    If you choose this option, please don't post bugs.
    Using the Aroma Installer

This is a quick guide to using the Aroma Installer since this highly customized version may be slightly different from what you have used before.

Looks complicated, but is super easy. And I think you will appreciate the ability to customize your set-up without having to re-install the ROM.

Enjoy!

Don't forget to choose your carrier!

Installation:
    Nandroid backup
    Factory reset in recovery if coming from a non-TouchWiz ROM (backup internal SD Card contents first)
    Flash in recovery (button or touch)
    Aroma installer should start within ~5 seconds

Choose a theme (if the colors look borked, go back and choose the theme again).

After agreeing to the disclaimer and viewing the changelog, Choose either:

Install or Update ROM - Installs ROM
    or
    Add or Remove Features - Allows you to add or remove apps, launchers, etc without re-installing the ROM.

Install or Update ROM:
    Choose either:
    Full Wipe - Clean install wipes system, cache, Dalvik, and app & system data (no media, etc).
    or
    Update Wipe - Wipes system, cache, Dalvik (for current CSROM users only)

Choose desired options.
    If you don't choose a launcher, the TW launcher will be installed.
    If you install both AOSP and Samsung email you will get repeated FC's.
    You can install both launchers and decide which one to use after boot.

Add or Remove Features:
    Be sure to select everything you want included in the ROM, even if it is already installed on your device.
    If any given item is not selected, it will either not be installed, or deleted if it is already installed.

If install completes and you get a "Status 0" error after pressing "Reboot" in Aroma, just reboot the device.

Using the ROM

There are a number of problems when using lockscreen rotation.
    I will leave the option available since some users really want it.
    If you choose this option, please don't post bugs.

AOSP Lockscreen:
    When using the AOSP lockscreen you must de-select all other lockscreen options.

With Nav Bar:
    -Short press nav bar menu -> recent Apps
    -Short press nav bar menu -> settings menu
    -Short press nav bar home button -> home
    -Short press home button -> home
    -Long press nav bar home button -> Google voice dialer
    -Long press home button -> Google voice dialer
    -Must use palm swipe in motion menu for screenshot
    -Top of call log list and part of the dialer during calls are cut off
    -long press menu button app kill not working

Without Nav Bar:
    -Long press menu -> Google Now or kill foreground app
    -Short press menu -> settings menu
    -Long press home -> Recent Apps
    -Short press home button -> home

Battery options are located in Settings, Display, Battery Icon Style.

Using the Multi-Lockscreens (Setttings, Lockscreen, Lockscreen options, Choose Your Lockscreen):
    Acer: Swipe left to right to open.
    AOSP: Works as you would expect.
    Blackberry: Swipe up from bottom to open.
    Galaxy S3: Works as you would expect.
    LG: Touch middle of the screen and swipe out.

Using the lockscreen torch:
    The lockscreen torch will allow you to quickly turn on your flashlight from the lockscreen.
    Simply push the home button in for torch, it will go off when you unlock, hit the power button, or it times out.
    Many thanks guys! :D