HSDPA on d820

Search This thread

GR0S

Jun 10, 2012
My old s3 (9300) always got h+ here, but nexus connects only to hspa, which seems to be much slower.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Just to confirm it, check in about phone. That's the only way to tell for sure if you're connecting to HSPA / HSPA+ /DC-HSPA because there's no status bar icon to differentiate. Its just H

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Fast dormancy the Nexus 5 will drop to HSPA when radio is idle and back to HSPA+ when in use

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=52260 Applys to nexus 5

Download Signal check lite and let your device sit you will find it drops to HSPA
download an app in background and check again or something you will see it will bump back up to HSPA+

I can check in About phone > Status however it's a hard one to test since I work in a Stone, Victorian Mill.

However, I can't see anywhere in that link that Fast Dormancy shifts down to HSPA from HSPA+ for the Nexus. That isn't what fast dormancy is anyway. Fast Dormancy is where the power state is controlled by the network.

Have you any other links with more solid information please?

I did press thanks by the way, but I am limited....

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
I can check in About phone > Status however it's a hard one to test since I work in a Stone, Victorian Mill.

However, I can't see anywhere in that link that Fast Dormancy shifts down to HSPA from HSPA+ for the Nexus. That isn't what fast dormancy is anyway. Fast Dormancy is where the power state is controlled by the network.

Have you any other links with more solid information please?

I did press thanks by the way, but I am limited....

Fast dormancy or not there is something software or hardware related that downshifts from active to inactive perhaps its that new qulacomm enloop tracking or whatever. But hey I appreciate the thanks and my effort into helping op

danarama

Aug 22, 2010

Attachments

• thanks.png
    thanks.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 56

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Just to confirm it, check in about phone. That's the only way to tell for sure if you're connecting to HSPA / HSPA+ /DC-HSPA because there's no status bar icon to differentiate. Its just H

I get H+ on mine?

GR0S

Jun 10, 2012
Well I got hsdpa (not hspa+) on 9300. Are they same?
Hope lte will be on 1900 in my country.

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yep. we have multiple engineering labs in there. Environmental testing labs etc.
Sounds like a great place to work.

We do get 3-5 days a year without rain you know?!
Oh, stop exaggerating. Lol. But seriously (sorry to the OP for all the OT), last time I was in London, it was sunny, rained, snowed, and hailed all within about two hours. At least we were spared the frogs.

Reactions: danarama

Top Liked Posts