The best Micro SD Card for the Galaxy S5

Search This thread

nicolocuico

Apr 1, 2014
I was wondering if what BRAND, TYPE, AND CLASS will be useful for the Galaxy S5? I heard that the 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip is good but doesnt have the full 70mbps reading speed and 20mbps writing speed support on a galaxy s4. It would really help me decide if you suggest what kind of sd card will be fit for the GS5. Thanks!

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
I was wondering if what BRAND, TYPE, AND CLASS will be useful for the Galaxy S5? I heard that the 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip is good but doesnt have the full 70mbps reading speed and 20mbps writing speed support on a galaxy s4. It would really help me decide if you suggest what kind of sd card will be fit for the GS5. Thanks!

I have a samsung 64GB. As for the class, it's always class 10, any lower and your giving away performance. As for the type, not sure what that is, for me the type is MicroSD, and all class 10 64gb microsds are UHS-1. I have never had any performance issues with my card but i know sandisk released a gold edition version of their 64gb card that gives an extra 10mb boost, but not sure if its worth it for double the price of any other 64gb, if not, 70mb/s is more than enough

rsaavedra

Dec 2, 2011
Gaithersburg
well I went through 3 32GB SanDisk card's in less than 8 months, I invested the cash and got back then the 32GB Samsung card and is being working without a glitch for almost 2 years in the dot. Needless to say, I bought a 64GB Samsung card this go around.

Reactions: nicolocuico

nicolocuico

Apr 1, 2014
I have a samsung 64GB. As for the class, it's always class 10, any lower and your giving away performance. As for the type, not sure what that is, for me the type is MicroSD, and all class 10 64gb microsds are UHS-1. I have never had any performance issues with my card but i know sandisk released a gold edition version of their 64gb card that gives an extra 10mb boost, but not sure if its worth it for double the price of any other 64gb, if not, 70mb/s is more than enough

Will the Sandisk Ultra keep up while using the 4k on a Galaxy S5? By means of video shooting and video playback?

nicolocuico

Apr 1, 2014

well I went through 3 32GB SanDisk card's in less than 8 months, I invested the cash and got back then the 32GB Samsung card and is being working without a glitch for almost 2 years in the dot. Needless to say, I bought a 64GB Samsung card this go around.

What's the story behind those 3 SD Cards from Sandisk? Because that's what I'm planning to buy.

Airax

Feb 7, 2005
I've used a SanDisk 64GB card for over a year with no issues. Before that a 32GB, which was the same. SanDisk have the largest market share in the UK by some margin (which aggrieves Samsung). I never did see intrinsically higher return rates on SanDisk cards or Samsung cards. Both brands are good, both make there own flash memory (Samsung would tell you they make ALOT of flash memory).
You however get lots of fake SanDisk cards (better brand equity), I've even seen reputable retailers get duped, which tends to happen less with Samsung.
Buy from a reputable retailer and which ever brand you choose you will be fine. I personally prefer SanDisk but I don't have a rational reason for it. 128GB will drop in price over the next 6 months (obvious really). So I'd save your money. Faster cards are better and for the small difference in cost it's worth it. Although be aware that you are not paying for better quality "memory" as per se but a faster controller.

aami.aami

Apr 17, 2012

the best micro sd card for this beast would be from samsung. they announced the new line up of micro sd cards. i will suggest u to get Samsung 64Gb Pro version as its the fastest of the newly released bunch. never give up on the performance of such a vital necessity.
choice is urs.

SnaKiZe

Apr 8, 2014
the best micro sd card for this beast would be from samsung. they announced the new line up of micro sd cards. i will suggest u to get Samsung 64Gb Pro version as its the fastest of the newly released bunch. never give up on the performance of such a vital necessity.
choice is urs.

Agreed. The new release by Samsung from the EVO/PRO line would probably be best.

I'll probably pick one of those up when they drop a bit in price.

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Can anyone confirm that you can still set the micro sd as your main storage source?

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have a class 10 64gb Sandisk I paid £30 for about 6 months back. I have never had any issues with it in my S4 and the speed is fine. I will be swapping it over to my S5 on Friday and expect pretty much the same.

I am interested to see what speed I will get via the USB3.0 feature though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my card today. Samsung micro SDXC UHS-I Pro Class 10 64GB. Read up to 70MB/s Write up to 20 MB/s.

The S5 is compatible with 128GB cards, but way expensive.
    I've used a SanDisk 64GB card for over a year with no issues. Before that a 32GB, which was the same. SanDisk have the largest market share in the UK by some margin (which aggrieves Samsung). I never did see intrinsically higher return rates on SanDisk cards or Samsung cards. Both brands are good, both make there own flash memory (Samsung would tell you they make ALOT of flash memory).
    You however get lots of fake SanDisk cards (better brand equity), I've even seen reputable retailers get duped, which tends to happen less with Samsung.
    Buy from a reputable retailer and which ever brand you choose you will be fine. I personally prefer SanDisk but I don't have a rational reason for it. 128GB will drop in price over the next 6 months (obvious really). So I'd save your money. Faster cards are better and for the small difference in cost it's worth it. Although be aware that you are not paying for better quality "memory" as per se but a faster controller.