[Q] Google Search Problem "Can't Load Search Results"

Search This thread

jedinegotiator

May 13, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I recently updated my phone to 4.4.3
When I did I noticed that I am not having problems using the Google Search Widget on the home page and within Google Now. When I try to search for something with the keyboard I get a message that says cant load search results. The odd thing is that if I search for the same thing by voice it works just fine. Google Search within Chrome will work fine too with voice or keyboard.

I thought this was an issue with 4.4.3 so I went back to 4.4.2 and same problem! I don't know whats going on this just started for me today. If I clear the data for Google Search it seems to fix it temporarily but it always come back.

Others seem to be having this problem. There are several posts at the bottom from today: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=65976

Here is a screenshot of the error:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...87-h865-no/Screenshot_2014-06-05-23-01-46.png

Anyone know of a fix?

kgry

Aug 10, 2011
I have the same issue, just started happening. The problem only affects the Google search widget and search for web. The image, video, etc searches all work.

ttaveanator

Dec 28, 2006
I think it's pretty wide-spread. I've got 4 devices, some on 4.4.3 and some on 4.4.2 and its occurring on all of them.

There's a pretty long thread on Google Groups here:

Apparently they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

*edit - ugh can't post links yet. try this goo.gl/0UnHF8

jedinegotiator

May 13, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I think it's pretty wide-spread. I've got 4 devices, some on 4.4.3 and some on 4.4.2 and its occurring on all of them.

There's a pretty long thread on Google Groups here:

Apparently they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

*edit - ugh can't post links yet. try this goo.gl/0UnHF8

Clearing the data on the Google Search App fixes the issue for one search but after I search again it says the same thing. Also images, news, videos and all that other stuff works fine its just web that is broken.

DeChamps

Jun 7, 2014
Winnetka, IL
www.phair-it.com
I have been having the same issue for the last 2 days.
After clearing the cache from "Google Search, Google Play and Google Now" I turned and updated each app one by one.
I have discovered that with Google Now DEACTIVATED Search works fine on all my devices.

Samsung S4
Samsung Pro 8.4
Samsung Note 3

Hope this helps.