Search This thread

sharingspider

Nov 26, 2012
JAKARTA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi Guys,

I am going to explain you all how to root your Mi3, Redmi1S or Redmi Note - Indian version - Works on other variants too - Tested on Singapore, Malaysia and TD too. This may work with other Country ROM's also. If you are successful please let me know & the method u followed. :good:

This is so far the easiest method to gain root on your MI Device - Even a Noob can do it :laugh:.

1. Download the follwing zip file and rename it to "update.zip"

2. Put these files on in the SD card of your phone. - Not inside other folders i.e on ur root of sd card.

3. Now open Updater app, click menu - select "select update package option". Then select the "update.zip" and update. Now your phone will ask you to reboot. Select reboot now.

4. Reboot your system now. Go to Security app - Permissions - Root permission - Turn on. U have root access now. (Screenshot for the same has been attached below - Just for Help).

Download link for the file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8ng3b1ruezldiq/root v18_BB10Unlock.zip?dl=0

Attachments

• Mi3_BB10Unlock_1.PNG
    Mi3_BB10Unlock_1.PNG
    122.7 KB · Views: 679
  • Mi3_BB10Unlock_2.PNG
    Mi3_BB10Unlock_2.PNG
    78.3 KB · Views: 726
Last edited:

kingsrook14

Feb 19, 2006
Mumbai
Ya getting full OTA updates - This has nothing to do with OTA at all.

FYI, rooting has broken my OTA updates.. Though I can always go back to correct Unrooted version and update...
Thanks all the same

As per below thread
http://xdaforums.com/xiaomi-mi-3/general/guide-how-to-root-mi3-t2845843

"NOTE 2: for some people rooting breaks OTA UPDATES but for some it doesn't. To update your phone you can simply unroot it and update it and root it again. Doesn't take much time to unroot."

sharingspider

Nov 26, 2012
JAKARTA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks for highlighting this issue. Hasn't happened with 18 devices rooted by us so far. Will do the same if it happens. Cheers.

Guys anyone else not able to get OTA ? Bcoz of shifting to Dev ROM or enabling root - Plz post !!

sanketh.nm

May 17, 2014
bvanglore
Hi Guys,

I am going to explain you all how to root your Mi3, Redmi1S or Redmi Note - Indian version - Works on other variants too - Tested on Singapore, Malaysia and TD too. This may work with other Country ROM's also. If you are successful please let me know & the method u followed. :good:

This is so far the easiest method to gain root on your MI Device - Even a Noob can do it :laugh:.

2. Put these files on in the SD card of your phone. - Not inside other folders i.e on ur root of sd card.

3. Now open Updater app, click menu - select "select update package option". Then select the "update.zip" and update. Now your phone will ask you to reboot. Select reboot now.

4. Reboot your system now. Go to Security app - Permissions - Root permission - Turn on. U have root access now. (Screenshot for the same has been attached below - Just for Help).

thanks a lot,

is this method going to erase all my data.?

sharingspider

Nov 26, 2012
JAKARTA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi Guys,

thanks a lot,

It's not going to erase any data

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Download link for the file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8ng3b1ruezldiq/root v18_BB10Unlock.zip?dl=0
    Are you getting OTA updates after doing this?
    My updater does not run the check at all..

Ya getting full OTA updates - This has nothing to do with OTA at all.
    Hi Guys,

thanks a lot,

It's not going to erase any data
    Yup that's right mate - And it just takes a second to do it :)