Need Help With My One XL Wont Boot!

Search This thread

mr.5106411

Jun 16, 2012
Toronto
Today, my family was going to celebrate Canada Day. I was running Root-Box *with Halo!* and everything was well. I charged up my phone to 80%. Cleared the necessary caches, resets, and then proceeded to restore to my now 20 day old ViperXL Backup. I restored and booted , everything was working well, but the phone was hot as it always is when i restore a ROM. So i went to go get ready, when i came back i turned the phone on from standby and it didn't respond. I unplugged it and did all button combinations ( volume up and down and power, volume down and power,just power). I did lots of research and I all I could find was that leave it to cool down then charge. So I left it and came back after 3 hours and it was still the same. Another finding from my research was to charge it. Now, when i do it flashes the red led. and thats all. Its supposed to go to solid red after a while but its been 3 hours and still blinking red. I tried to adb things (adb reboot, addb flash recovery <file link here>). But nothing. So now Im here hopefully you guys can help me out. Thanks for reading. :p :(

mr.5106411

Jun 16, 2012
Toronto
Also, when i plug it into the computer, it detects installs a driver thens stops. It keeps on making connect and disconnect sounds on the computer. Not detected by adb or htc sync manager. I tried all the power cables, stock HTC, apple power block, samsung and even blackberry!

Last edited:

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne
Also, when i plug it into the computer, it detects installs a driver thens stops. It keeps on making connect and disconnect sounds on the computer. Not detected by adb or htc sync manager. I tried all the power cables, stock HTC, apple power block, samsung and even blackberry!

hope it doesn't detect QHSUSB_LOAD when you connect it to your PC...

mr.5106411

Jun 16, 2012
Toronto
hope it doesn't detect QHSUSB_LOAD when you connect it to your PC...

thanks for the reply it connect but disconnects. If you go to device manager it keeps refreshing as it connects and disconnects and then reconnects. When you do however go to human interface devices you see HID interface, and USB input devices. Thanks for replying. I cant get into the bootloader either. Charged it all night and its still the same thing.

31ken31

Nov 7, 2010
New Port Richey, Florida
thanks for the reply it connect but disconnects. If you go to device manager it keeps refreshing as it connects and disconnects and then reconnects. When you do however go to human interface devices you see HID interface, and USB input devices. Thanks for replying. I cant get into the bootloader either. Charged it all night and its still the same thing.

Have you tried the simulated battery pull?? Just hold down power until captive lights start flashing.. let it keep flashing for I think 10-12 times and release power button.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

mr.5106411

Jun 16, 2012
Toronto
Have you tried the simulated battery pull?? Just hold down power until captive lights start flashing.. let it keep flashing for I think 10-12 times and release power button.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

I tried all combinations, it wont go to boot loader, it wont do a simulated battery pull it wont re calibrate the chagring mechanism. (vol up + vol down + power).

mr.5106411

Jun 16, 2012
Toronto
I tried all combinations, it wont go to boot loader, it wont do a simulated battery pull it wont re calibrate the chagring mechanism. (vol up + vol down + power).

lights wont flash. The only thing that flashes is the red LED. it flashes quickly, not slowly like it does when you put it for charging after its dead (no battery).

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

Stay away from vol up + power. It will put the phone in QHSUSB_LOAD, which nothing good will come from.

You should not be trying "all combinations" just the right one for bootloader. Make sure you are holding vol down, the press power for 5 seconds or so (do the capacitive buttons flash at all if you do that?) release the power button, but do not release the vol down button until the hboot screen comes up. Or of course, you are convinced the phone is still not responsive.

Try this with the charger plugged in and unplugged.

Make sure you charge for several hours on the wall charger, not connected to your computer.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

There have been some cases of the phone becoming suddenly unresponsive like this, apparently due to hardware failure. These reports seem to be getting a bit more common as the phone is getting a bit "older" (over a year).

However, since the OP was just futzing with it (restored a nandroid), I tend to believe its not a hardware failure. And that he can still possibly recover.

But that is just a gut feeling (and maybe being too optimistic).

mr.5106411

Jun 16, 2012
Toronto
Stay away from vol up + power. It will put the phone in QHSUSB_LOAD, which nothing good will come from.

You should not be trying "all combinations" just the right one for bootloader. Make sure you are holding vol down, the press power for 5 seconds or so (do the capacitive buttons flash at all if you do that?) release the power button, but do not release the vol down button until the hboot screen comes up. Or of course, you are convinced the phone is still not responsive.

Try this with the charger plugged in and unplugged.

Make sure you charge for several hours on the wall charger, not connected to your computer.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

There have been some cases of the phone becoming suddenly unresponsive like this, apparently due to hardware failure. These reports seem to be getting a bit more common as the phone is getting a bit "older" (over a year).

However, since the OP was just futzing with it (restored a nandroid), I tend to believe its not a hardware failure. And that he can still possibly recover.

But that is just a gut feeling (and maybe being too optimistic).

I tired both of your suggestion but no hboot menu. :( and my warranty just ended last month. :(( any other ideas?

Top Liked Posts