[Q] <Help Needed> USB port broken and now phone is bricked!!

Search This thread

siddroid

May 8, 2011
Goa
Hi,

I had Nik 4.5 Custom ROM on my phone and recently I my USB port stopped functioning. To revert to S-on and claim warranty, I tried to revert to stock ROM and flashed Froyo ROM (as that was the only Indian ROM available for download on the forum). I think I made the mistake of downgrading the radio and now my phone is bricked. Any suggestions to make it work again? If I take it to HTC service centre will my they be able to detect any s-off mischief that I committed and can they fix the phone and the USB port?

Thanks in advance.
Sidd

E

Endoclusian

first of all there is no indian rom availabe in the forum its a ota update.....didnt u noticed that..?????

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

can u just give a brief description of ur mobile along with the exact current status like what steps u followed ...and are u able to go into the bootloader or the recovery atleast..???

siddroid

May 8, 2011
Goa
first of all there is no indian rom availabe in the forum its a ota update.....didnt u noticed that..?????

I downloaded the ROM PG32IMG_Vivo_hTC_Asia_India_1.36.720.1_Radio_Radio_20.23.30.0802U_38.02.01.11_M_release_172022_signed.zip from Goo Manager website:

http://goo.im/stock/vivo/ruu

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

can u just give a brief description of ur mobile along with the exact current status like what steps u followed ...and are u able to go into the bootloader or the recovery atleast..???

I followed the following steps:
1. I downloaded the ROM
2. Renamed it as PG32IMG.zip and placed it in the Root of the SD Card
3. Switched off the phone and took out SD card and then put it back again
4. Rebooted the phone in fastboot and updated the zip file. The update was completed successfully.
5. Followed the on screen instruction and rebooted the phone.

As this point the phone was not powering on. I double checked if the battery wasn't charged. I also used my charged spare battery (I use it since, my phone doesnt charge from USB port).

I assume the phone is bricked now... Any help would be appreciated.

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
I downloaded the ROM PG32IMG_Vivo_hTC_Asia_India_1.36.720.1_Radio_Radio_20.23.30.0802U_38.02.01.11_M_release_172022_signed.zip from Goo Manager website:

1. I downloaded the ROM
4. Rebooted the phone in fastboot and updated the zip file. The update was completed successfully.

As this point the phone was not powering on. I double checked if the battery wasn't charged. I also used my charged spare battery (I use it since, my phone doesnt charge from USB port).

Yes, what you flashed was an old Froyo based RUU. If you had been running Gingerbread then you had a Gingerbread radio and that radio cannot be downgraded back to Froyo. By running this RUU you have radio bricked your phone.

Reactions: lundberg512
E

Endoclusian

try if u can boot into the bootloader by poweron and volume down button even if that is not possible then sorry bro i guess then we cant help u..

siddroid

May 8, 2011
Goa
The service centre fixed my bricked phone free of charge! They replaced the PCB and some other hardware which they did not disclose. Of course I had to escalate the matter to HTC escalation department and they were really
Kind in getting it fixed although it was out of warranty. I love HTC!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA

Reactions: Nonverbose

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. I downloaded the ROM

Yes, what you flashed was an old Froyo based RUU. If you had been running Gingerbread then you had a Gingerbread radio and that radio cannot be downgraded back to Froyo. By running this RUU you have radio bricked your phone.
    The service centre fixed my bricked phone free of charge! They replaced the PCB and some other hardware which they did not disclose. Of course I had to escalate the matter to HTC escalation department and they were really
    Kind in getting it fixed although it was out of warranty. I love HTC!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA