[Q] Want More Volume on the Headphone Jack?

Search This thread

bobolinko

Nov 5, 2010
Everett WA
I had to buy a line amp just to get the AUX volume up to my head unit high enough to match the other functions, otherwise when I changed functions the sound would be BLARING LOUD! Even with the volume amp, the volume was just almost enough.... a tad low, but worked.

After making the changes, the volume is TOTALLY loud enough, and it does not affect the phone's speaker output on my device. I could take out the line amp so now I have a $50 line amp that has no use! LOL ;) I can use the headset on the airplane without any volume booster too! with lots of volume to spare as well.

Remember to rename the Original file to something like snd_soc_msm master before you copy the modified file back so that you can easily revert to original settings if you wish to do so later.

There are only 6 changes to be made, so using the search function to locate "pos_6_DB" and change the 6 to a 9, making it very easy to do.

There is a pos_2_DB and I DID NOT ALTER THAT ONE

I used Root Explorer to manage the file.

★ Go into your system/etc/snd_soc_msm folder.

★ Copy the file called "snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3" to a temporary work area and edit it there using Notepad++.

Paste to a location other than the original folder (So thet you don't mess the original file)

There are 6 lines to edit. Do Not change the one that is pos_2_DB

That's all! Simple and fast! I wish I did that instead of buying the headphone volume amp!

Aloha and Good Luck!

===================================================================================================

Reactions: PanchoPlanet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had to buy a line amp just to get the AUX volume up to my head unit high enough to match the other functions, otherwise when I changed functions the sound would be BLARING LOUD! Even with the volume amp, the volume was just almost enough.... a tad low, but worked.

After making the changes, the volume is TOTALLY loud enough, and it does not affect the phone's speaker output on my device. I could take out the line amp so now I have a $50 line amp that has no use! LOL ;) I can use the headset on the airplane without any volume booster too! with lots of volume to spare as well.

Remember to rename the Original file to something like snd_soc_msm master before you copy the modified file back so that you can easily revert to original settings if you wish to do so later.

There are only 6 changes to be made, so using the search function to locate "pos_6_DB" and change the 6 to a 9, making it very easy to do.

There is a pos_2_DB and I DID NOT ALTER THAT ONE

I used Root Explorer to manage the file.

★ Go into your system/etc/snd_soc_msm folder.

★ Copy the file called "snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3" to a temporary work area and edit it there using Notepad++.

Paste to a location other than the original folder (So thet you don't mess the original file)

There are 6 lines to edit. Do Not change the one that is pos_2_DB

That's all! Simple and fast! I wish I did that instead of buying the headphone volume amp!

Aloha and Good Luck!

===================================================================================================