[Completed] no 3g internet connection on LG L40G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jomack

Jun 16, 2014
I have a Straight Talk LG L40G that is not rooted, everything was working fine until about a week ago. My wifi is working to access the internet, but my 3G is not. I can make and receive phone calls but I cannot connect internet via 3g. I have been in contact with straight talk but to no avail, we tried everything. I have data enabled, cleared cache,history,cookies. Tuned on airplane mode and then turned off, Have shut off and on again, Have removed battery. Even did a factory reset, but to no avail. The 3g internet is not working. I also restored internet to default. I am at my wits end. Please point me in the right direction. I am hoping someone can help me, please. Straight talk says they have been doing some updates to my phone, but so far that is not working either. Please does anyone know why my 3g is not working anymore?

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
First thing I'd wish for you to check is the Access Point Names AKA APNs. Typically this happens when the APN isn't set Right. Usually you can Access APNs via Settings > Network > Access Point Names. Please check what yours is set to. Ask Straight Talk to confirm.

jomack

Jun 16, 2014
already checked APN with straight talk

That was just about one of the first things that was checked by Straight Talk. I wish I knew what the problem was. Like I said everything was working until about a week ago.

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
It has been reported elsewhere there are a number of problems with Android 4.4.3 KitKat, on your Device. These include random problems that range from LTE/3G signal issues to dropped calls, app crashes, and major battery life drain.

jomack

Jun 16, 2014
I have android 4.0.3. It was working good until about a week ago. I haven't done anything different so I am assuming it has to be on Straight Talks end. They don't seem to know how to fix it though, so I may be stuck using the phone like this for awhile.

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Can you have them check to see if your Data Limit is over or such like ? Also if possible, try the Sim in another phone so we can determine if it is Straight Talk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.