Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
Re: [Port] Doom 3 Android

ScreenShots Effect Settings!

FULL LIGHTING ON

attachment.php

LIGHTING OFF

attachment.php

Note - Full effects have major issues with FPS.

Last edited:

nex86

Nov 9, 2010
works but there aren't any effects or shaders at all. is there a way to turn them on?
It looks much better on the video where the guy is playing on an Note 2.
I tried it on my S3 now.

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
Updated with newer version and mite now work on Xperia Play (Untested) as they have it running on a live with walkman (Same specs) according to a post featured on GSM Arena :)

Reactions: sheraro

otester

Jan 25, 2010
Yeah this needs some more graphics options.

Ps. Keep up the epic work, thanks!

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
Will this game be released officially on Google PLAY?

Last edited:

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
Anyone looking for better graphics should download the files kindly uploaded by Traybourne in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2217563

I haven't tried it on my Play yet but it's a pretty nice experience on my Xperia Z with an Ipega controller.

That's cool but it's just RC2 from op with a pre written command line (which you can do yourself and that opens it up from more choice) e.g for light effects on/off (+set r_nolight 1) or (+set r_nolight 0) which you put in after the main command line game.arm :)

EDIT - Have added this info to op as people seam to care more about looks over gameplay.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Deu5Vult

Apr 8, 2009
That's cool but it's just RC2 from op with a pre written command line (which you can do yourself and that opens it up from more choice) e.g for light effects on/off (+set r_nolight 1) or (+set r_nolight 0) which you put in after the main command line game.arm :)

EDIT - Have added this info to op as people seam to care more about looks over gameplay.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Ah my bad, totally didn't mean to dismiss your thread :)

Reactions: poo-tang

Jojih

Nov 2, 2011
Tested on Motorola Atrix 4G BELL - Cyanogen Mod 7 official release for Olympus

Alright, it's running well at 30FPS and loads all my saves that I had on my PC. Of course, that's with super lighting off. Jesus H Christ, enabling lighting completely killed my FPS!! It was lagging hard at probably 2 FPS!

Either way, thanks for making this thread. I can now enjoy Doom 3 on the go. Unfortunately, turning off lighting completely kills the atmosphere, but at least it's better than lagging on the go. ^^

PS. I used vanilla Doom 3 (2004 version).

Last edited:

RolandDeschain79

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
How to play Doom 3 on Android video

No its cool you didn't. I noticed a lot of people wanted better looks so was a good reminder to add to Op. :)

Thanks for making the thread Poo-tang:good: I made a little video explaining how to install Doom 3 onto Android, feel free to add it to your OP if you like. I tweaked my Doom3 game a lot back in the day to squeeze out as much performance as possible. Traybourne had an interesting idea included the autoexec config. I went ahead and turned off a few more things like player shadows. I have a link to a good guide about tweaking Doom 3 below. People with slower devices could try tweaking their devices to improve the gameplay experience.

Gameplay starts @ 7:00

Doom 3 Tweak guide:
http://www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_8.html

Roland's High and Low quality config pack (Optional)
http://www.2shared.com/file/n2sn-xZ-/HQ_CFG.html

mystertom101

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for making the thread Poo-tang:good: I made a little video explaining how to install Doom 3 onto Android, feel free to add it to your OP if you like. I tweaked my Doom3 game a lot back in the day to squeeze out as much performance as possible. Traybourne had an interesting idea included the autoexec config. I went ahead and turned off a few more things like player shadows. I have a link to a good guide about tweaking Doom 3 below. People with slower devices could try tweaking their devices to improve the gameplay experience.

Doom 3 Tweak guide:

i used your low quality config pack and all it did was add the effects and make my performance a lot worse it didnt seem to be low at all :s

RolandDeschain79

Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
i used your low quality config pack and all it did was add the effects and make my performance a lot worse it didnt seem to be low at all :s

The low quality actually added the HQ lighting then? That shouldn't be, did you also add the command line for the high quality lighting? What type of device are you using? You need a fast device to run the HQ lighting.

Last edited:

Deu5Vult

Apr 8, 2009
I use an Ipega bluetooth controller and it works great - although I can't remember if the right thumbstick can be used for aim/ look.
On FPS I tend to swipe the screen to aim/ look anyway as I find it a little more accurate.

RolandDeschain79

Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Bluetooth devices work

can controller be used on this? would make it a lot better

Yes pretty much any Bluetooth device will work fine. You could use a PS3 controller with the six axis app for instance. Just pair the device in Android before launching the app and you should be ready to game:good: Note if you are Rooted and have a mouse and keyboard you will want to select hide onscreen buttons and enable mouse.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    doom3.jpg

Great news they have it running on Android. check it out for yourself!!

Edit (27/8/2013) - It now available to download latest version (Release) on Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.DIII4A

Made by the developer of Return To Castle Wolfestien and QIII4A (Quake 3 port). I have attached a few version's below as not on market yet and hard to download from where it is hosted for free (4PDA), if need any info or bits to make it work please visit this original thread (Link below). Thanks!!

ORIGINAL DOOM3 RUSSIAN FORUM THREAD

Frequent radio transmissions through the player's communications device also add to the atmosphere, by broadcasting certain sounds and messages from non-player characters meant to unsettle the player. Early in the game, during and directly after the event that plunges the base into chaos, the player often hears the sounds of fighting, screaming and dying through their radio transmitter. The ambient sound is extended to the base itself through such things as hissing pipes, footsteps, and occasional jarringly loud noises from machinery or other sources. Often ambient sounds can be heard that resemble deep breathing, unexplained voices and demonic taunting from the game's antagonists.
    Demo on a Note2 -

2425575.png

2425590.png

Instructions (Old version please see top of page for Google Store version)

Install

1. Download version and unzip
    2. Install Apk
    3. Create a folder on your SD cards (diii4a) with a folder named (base) inside that.
    4. Move your Doom 3 pak files (and any other files in your PC's base folder) inside (diii4a>base)
    5. Move folder (gl2progs) contained in this zip to (diii4a>base)
    6. Start the game and have fun!!

NOTE - If RC1 or RC2 don't work for you try the AIC build as that mite. You will also need the PC Doom3 game files to be updated to the newest version 1.3.1 :)
    Effect Settings
    In the command line entry on application main page, add these lines on to (game.arm) for less/more lighting effects!! (SCREENSHOTS OFF/ON CLICK HERE)

• Full Light Effects = game.arm+set r_nolight 0
    • No Light Effects = game.arm+set r_nolight 1

NOTE - Having this set on full will impact FPS and you will need a powerfull device for it to work ok on.

Checked CM 4.4.4 & CM 5.1.1 n7100 Mali400-MP.
    To increase the mouse speed and overall speed sensitivity on the game:
    Screenshot_2015-08-10-15-53-55.jpg
    Effects:
    Screenshot_2015-08-10-15-59-08.jpgScreenshot_2015-08-10-15-56-38.jpg
    The configuration file is configured for n7100:
    /storage/sdcard1/DIII4A/base/
    View attachment DoomConfig.cfg.zip
    View attachment gl2progs.zip
    Screenshot_2015-08-10-15-54-37.jpg
    Save 100% traversed the game:
    /storage/sdcard1/DIII4A/base/savegames/
    View attachment savegames1.7z
    View attachment savegames2.7z
    View attachment savegames3.7z
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Please keep all arguing, off-topic, rude and insulting comments out of the threads and OFF Xda.

If you MUST carry a conversation, do it via PM, but remember that all Forum Rules apply to PMs as well as the forums.

Comments that include rudeness, disrespect, insults, off-topic, or any other violations of the rules will be deleted. If it continues, the associated accounts will be reviewed for further action.

Please keep Xda as a place for respectful, helpful exchange of thought, idea, assistance, and constructive feedback in aiding development.

All the other juvenile, disrespect and drama belongs on social media, not here.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.
    Re: [Port] Doom 3 Android

ScreenShots Effect Settings!

FULL LIGHTING ON

attachment.php

LIGHTING OFF

attachment.php

Note - Full effects have major issues with FPS.
    How to play Doom 3 on Android video

No its cool you didn't. I noticed a lot of people wanted better looks so was a good reminder to add to Op. :)

Doom 3 Tweak guide: