Return To Stock LOCKED and S-ON

Search This thread

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
Only reason I ask is because I cannot get my computer to recognize my phone in fastboot. Windows 8.1 is causing some issue for a lot of people, including myself

Yep... since phone crap is 95 percent of what I do with my computer, I stayed with Windows 7 :p

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Only reason I ask is because I cannot get my computer to recognize my phone in fastboot. Windows 8.1 is causing some issue for a lot of people, including myself

Ubuntu is your answer . Windows is trash . Just my opinion..ubuntu has yet to fail me one time ever.

sent from my JAVA CARD S-OFF FAUX HBOOT BLUE HTC ONE! using the XDA premium app.

kdj67f

Jan 23, 2008
Maple Valley
I have ubuntu and win7. Never a problem with either and I'm beginning to like Linux better for a daily driver every day. Like Scotty, 95% of my computer usage is for phone stuff.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

undagullu

Feb 6, 2013
how long does it usually take to send the zip? I've been stuck at sending 'zip' <117872 KB>... for about 30 minutes now. Getting a bit worried.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

i ended up exiting out, going back into the bootloader, and doing it with flashify. Thanks jbh00jh

jessbowring

Jul 20, 2012
Saco
Can I just flash my stock unrooted backup, lock boot loader and s-on? I have to send my phone to repair the camera and don't want to give them reason to deny the repair.

scotty1223

Jan 3, 2011
Can I just flash my stock unrooted backup, lock boot loader and s-on? I have to send my phone to repair the camera and don't want to give them reason to deny the repair.

Are they repairing your device,or sending you a new one? If they are repairing and returning yours,I personally would leave s off.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

scotty1223

Jan 3, 2011
They are repairing and returning mine,I won't take a refurbished. I'd like to leave s-off since I had it done on Sonics java card.

In that case,I would leave s off. Phones did legitimately come this way,so finding it does not prove you messed with it,especially if you flash this ruu and have stock Rom and recovery,and a locked bootloader.(not relocked)

Make sure you run the command o lock the bootloader before running the ruu,as you do need root access.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: kdj67f

jski711

Feb 12, 2011
ok i need to relock my device as im sending it back due to a blown speakers..... not happy about taking a refurb but i don't have a second phone. i've been trying to figure out which RUU to download from this site. http://www.flyhalf205.com/?dir=RUU%2Fm7vzw aslo as far as where to put it do i put this right into the platform tools folder of sdk? thanks a lot for the help!

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
ok i need to relock my device as im sending it back due to a blown speakers..... not happy about taking a refurb but i don't have a second phone. i've been trying to figure out which RUU to download from this site. http://www.flyhalf205.com/?dir=RUU%2Fm7vzw aslo as far as where to put it do i put this right into the platform tools folder of sdk? thanks a lot for the help!

Use the 605.10 RUU. Place it where fastboot.exe is for simplicity and rename it to RUU.zip so you don't have to type out the whole name.

notdead52752

Feb 14, 2013
No matter what I keep getting device offline, the replacement I got from Verizon shows up online but my other HTC One doesn't show up onlin on ADB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please note you must be bootloader unlocked and S-OFF for this to work

you are doing this at your own risk dont blame me if something goes wrong i have tested this twice one on CM and once on Stock
    that being said

:D

This guide will help you return to stock un-rooted, locked, and s-on in the event you ever need to use the warranty
    You will need the decrypted RUU from here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...rums.com/showpost.php?p=46153741&postcount=31

I recommend copy and paste for the command so you don’t mistype something
    This will lock your bootloader and make it show LOCKED not RELOCKED
    While still in the bootloader type

Code:
    Fastboot oem rebootRUU
    Once in ruu mode *blackscreen with HTC text* its time to flash the decrypted ruu make sure you have placed the rom in the folder and named it Rom.zip
    Run following command

Code:
    Fastboot flash zip Rom.zip

It appears some people are confused on the following. You must confirm your device successfully flashes the ruu before contiuning
    It could work the first time or could error out multiple times typically it fails the first time then completes the 2nd bu not a promise also make sure you have checked the md5 hash

You will most likely get the following error

FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)

Don’t worry this is normal (typically fails the first time) (also it could boot you out of ruu mode when it does) just make sure your phone still shows its in ruu mode
    If it is not just retype
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    Then re-run the command

Code:
    Fastboot flash zip Rom.zip
    Once it finishes the phone will stay in ruu mode simply type

Code:
    Fastboot reboot-bootloader

At this point you are stock unrooted and bootloader locked but still s-off to change this type

Code:
    fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

you should get a message back saying

“(bootloader) writesecureflag: partitions signature pass
    OKAY [ 1.666s]
    finished. total time: 1.666s”
    now type
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    and verify you are now S-ON andtype
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    and your phone will load to stock
    note this will be stock version m7wlv_1.10.605.8 so you will need to take the ota to update to 605.10

hope this helps
    I can only speak for me, Scotty. But if they said what you said.. I wouldn't have screwed it up. Technically the directions said, run the command to apply Rom.zip, it'll probably fail. Which for all I know, may be the desired effect. I work in IT and hear "It's a normal error" all the time, but the important task is actually completed. So in this case, it says rum the Rom.zip. It then says, you may drop out of RUU, if so.. go back into RUU and run the command again. That makes it sound like a conditional statement. If you drop out of RUU, go back into it and then run the Rom.zip again.

Even if I made the jump to "it needs to be run a second time".. I wouldn't have imagined that it could take up to four times, per the new updated text. In my opinion, and it's just my opinion, it should have said run the Rom.zip until you get a message that looks like the following (output sample). Or until you don't see that same failure message. Something of that nature.

And it could be that I'm just sensitive to documentation. I write technical documentation often in my line of work and have to write to a very specific standard of "no one can misunderstand the doco."

Don't take this as a knock on the OP, he did us all a huge service. Obviously some folks got the right idea, but also some folks got the wrong one. It just needed clarification. I'm beyond grateful for the time taken to document (and update) this process for us all.

hmm,once you explain it that way i can somewhat see it... but when i read it,i read it just the way i said it,lol... so me it was obvious,but in all fairness ive run more ruus on htc phones than i can prolly count :eek: when i write guides i try and give as much detail as possible,and give a codebox with my commands clearly marked in red,so folks can see the results of the inputs,so this sort of confusion is avoided. im not knocking the OP,either,all the steps are 100% correct. but,we did all somewhat underestimate the importance of getting everythign 100% correct on the first shot without an official ruu or being able to re-unlock to get out of a jam. if i were writing this same guide,i would ahve the user boot the phone and verify correct software,firmware,recovery,etc. prior to doing the s on command.

as i mentioned above,i dont know why folks turn s on anyway. pre-release phones and some release phones get sent out s off,so seeing an s off,locked phone with the correct stock software provides no reason to think its ever been messed with. i honestly would just send the phone in s off. it may make some lucky customer real happy if it makes it back out into the wild that way :D
    There definitely needs to be a better guide to all of this.

Making a couple videos now. One of installing the ADB and Fastboot drivers for Windows 8, one for going S-On, and one for going S-Off and installing CWM recovery.
    Thanks so much for this.

hope it helps i did it twice before making the post to make sure dont wanna lead anyone down wrong direction
    Anyone knows what the command is to change super cid 1111111 back to vzw__001 ?

EDIT:
    fastboot oem writecid VZW__001. Thanks scotty1223