Stuck at S/W upgrade during update

Search This thread

chrisdepew

Jun 3, 2011
I finally got the drivers for NV flash installed. Once I run Flash stock recovery, should the phone boot properly? It will just like stock right? Mine is just stuck in S/W update still. What should I do?

speedsk8x

Apr 20, 2011
I am wondering is this 2.3 which i finally got working on my as well from the kdz the one that was released today or months ago

It's the one from yesterday.

I finally got the drivers for NV flash installed. Once I run Flash stock recovery, should the phone boot properly? It will just like stock right? Mine is just stuck in S/W update still. What should I do?

I should have been more clear. After you flash the stock recovery, it is going to still show the S/W Upgrade screen. You want to be at the S/W Upgrade screen so you can push the KDZ via the steps I posted.

Last edited:

CaliLove310

May 20, 2009
Compton
THANK YOU!

As many have stated, pushing the v21E_00.kdz via the KDZ_FW_UPD program does work. It's just touchy.

This is a step by step guide to get you back in to working shape.

Note: You MUST do this via a PC running Windows XP. Running Vista/7 in compatibility mode is not going to work, period.

Part 1: Download the files you will need below.

V21E_00.kdz
KDZ_FW_UPD_EN
One-Click-G2x-recovery-flasher-06-16.rar
LG USB Drivers G2x

Part 2:

1) Install the LG G2x USB drivers to your WinXP machine.
2) Extract the entire contents of the One-Click recovery in to a folder and keep it handy.
3) Remove the battery from the phone. Hold both volume buttons and plug in the USB cable. If you are asked for a driver, look in the APX folder where you extracted the One-Click recovery archive.
4) Run OneClickRecoveryFlasher.exe and flash the stock recovery. Wait for the process to finish and close all windows and unplug the phone.
5) Put the battery back into the phone and turn it on. You will be back at the S/W Upgrade screen. This is where you want to be! Now plug the USB cable back in to the phone. If everything is up to snuff you should have no driver problems at this point.
6) Extract KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z in to a folder. Inside is a msxml.msi. You need to run and install this first!
7) Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe.. Leave the type set to CDMA and the phone mode set to DIAG. DO NOT CLICK ON "Read phone information"
8) Click the folder icon and load the V21E_00.kdz
9) Click launch software update (and pray!)

What you will see:

The log window will immediatly show:
22:41:02 : Launching SW update
22:41:02 : Unpacking KDZ

Then it will stop for a while.
After this you will most likely see:
22:41:16 : KDZ file extraced
22:41:21 : Files were extracted.
22:41:21 : LGMobileDL Load.
22:41:21 : Port = 5
22:41:21 : Connecting to phone
22:41:33 : Check Phone mode = 1

It will pause again before you see:
22:42:08 : Phone type check.......
22:42:08 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
22:42:08 : _SetAuthMark Fail
22:42:08 : AuthMark°¡ Á¤È®È÷ Phone¿¡ Write µÇÁö ¾Ê¾Ò½À´Ï´Ù!
22:42:08 : LoadCDMAPhoneData() Error
22:42:08 : _DetachDLL Call
22:42:08 : _DetachDLL Call End
22:42:08 : Param : Path = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\V21E.wdb
22:42:08 : Param : moduleDir =
22:42:08 : Param : waitTime = 33000
22:42:08 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 0
22:42:08 : Param : PhoneMode = 1
22:42:08 : Param : BinVersion = V21E_00
22:42:08 : Param : AuthMark = 0
22:42:08 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

Finally after another pause you should start to get spammed by the following message:
22:42:41 : CDMA: wParam = 2007, lParam = 0
22:42:41 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2007, 0)

You will even hear the USB disconnect/reconnect sound several times.
The sound and spam will continue until the lParam counts to 100.
It should look like:
22:46:25 : CDMA: wParam = 2005, lParam = 100
22:46:25 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2005, 100)
22:46:25 : CDMA: wParam = 2001, lParam = 0
22:46:25 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2001, 0)

After it gets to 100, your phone will reboot to the LG logo before going
blank. After a few moments of the blank screen you will get the TMO G2x splash before being dropped back in to your working phone.

Be patient as this takes a while. If at any point the program freezes for more than a few moments, it's most likely going to fail and you will need to try again.

Hope this helps. =)

Thanks to everyone who helped figure this out.

Edit: Added some missing info.

These instructions worked perfectly for me! I'm so glad I got my phone back. I had to go the whole day without it. Although I was using my Nexus S meanwhile, I did miss my G2x.:D

Reactions: ThC23

mr.johnsexydavis911

Aug 15, 2009
Buckeye
After about 10 tries KDZ worked and gingerbread was loaded. The only problem is I don't have a signal and it says unknown for baseband? Do I need to install a zip or something? Someone help

Odemata

Aug 11, 2010
To get into the recover hold down the down volume button and power untill you see android icon and box. at that point tap the home button and you'll get boot into android recovery. but i'm stuck there. I don't know how to select the factory wipe setting

Odemata

Aug 11, 2010
I had it installed but when I tried to get into the recovery clockworks doesn't load but the stock recovery. I've been trying the solution that was posted above and i just keep getting the program crashing. my screen is stuck on s/w upgrade. this has really ticked me off. I like the phone but its been nothing but problems. I don't think i'll buy another non nexus phone for android again

josepr07

Jan 15, 2011
Why, does it matter? I try CWM internal, external, wipes, flash Roms and nothing works, Im so fkng pis*ed . I dont have xp.

Odemata

Aug 11, 2010
I guess i'll have to use my n1 and call support in the morning to get a replacement. after this i'm not really feeling this phone. bad launch, plenty of bugs, delayed response to fix, and now this.

Bspence415

Aug 19, 2010
i cant even open the file after i downloaded it it ask me what do i want to open it with what should i do?

ciscojmd

Jun 12, 2011
i cant even open the file after i downloaded it it ask me what do i want to open it with what should i do?

I haven't been able to figure out all the whole programing to fix my issue of the S/W screen lock. Heck LG couldn't even tell me, they had me do a master reset then said well... "that's about all we can do from here. You can send it in. sorry"...

One thing I do know (and got this far) is to open those files is download winzip, and just click the trial version for now. Extract the contents, once your there then the programs should be usuable.

winzip link:
download.cnet.com/WinZip/3000-2250_4-10003164.html

jrfaulkin

Nov 14, 2006
Houston, TX
OnePlus 7 Pro
I solved my issue late last night. I am running Windows 7 64bit. I saw that a lot of the guys here used XP to run the KDZ flasher and that wasn't an option for me until I installed XP Mode.

XP Mode allows you to run a virtual XP machine inside Windows 7. I was able to run the KDZ flasher in there and successfully flashed the KDZ GB file to my phone.

You do need to flash stock recovery first. I tried unsuccessfully to flash the KDZ with CWM recovery installed. It would not work until I flashed stock recovery.

One other problem I ran into is, in XP Mode, you are "attaching" USB devices to the virtual XP session via a "stub USB driver." For some reason during the KDZ flashing process the USB modem driver for LG kept releasing from my session. What I did to counteract this was manual attach it each time it released. This was easy, but I had to stay on top of it until the flasher finished the job. I have two monitors so I had the "Devices and Printers" window open in Windows 7, and when I heard the ding indicating the USB driver had left the session, and saw the LG devices appear in the Devices and Printers window, I would just click attach on the USB pulldown in the XP session.

I know this sounds a little complex for some (and possibly vague), but once you get into the XP Mode session you will see what I'm talking about.

I hope this helps you guys still stuck on SW Update screen that don't have XP.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
My phone keeps saying PHONE NOT FOUND!!!

[R&D Test Tools Log File]

21:43:34 : Launching SW update
21:43:34 : Unpacking KDZ
21:47:40 : KDZ file extraced
21:50:49 : Files were extracted.
21:50:49 : LGMobileDL Load.
21:51:00 : Port = 0
21:51:11 : Connecting to phone
21:51:37 : PHONE WAS NOT FOUND!
21:51:39 : ===FINISHED===

I have has constant problems with LG drivers, which result in the above. They work once or twice, and then device is not recognized and/or not installed correctly. I spent most of the evening yesterday just struggling with getting the device recognized. This included a number of driver reinstalls.

A developer had warned me about Korean companies that can have good hardware but their software sucks and customer service is practically nonexistent. LG is a prime example.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
yes gaww i would try that i feel your pain dude and wish u luck man hopefully everything works out really soon for u!!!

Thanks.

I had it going the first time, and once with this tool and it quit. Now I know that I have to get it back to stock recovery first (took two minutes).

If I had done this first - probably would have worked right off. I was the first to try find and try the LG Updater - and the fist to get the S/W screen as a result.

I am still having problems loading the LG drivers - just tried 2.2 from the above link. it installs the "LG" labeled devices OK, but continually gets hung up with an "unidentified device". This appears to be my biggest issue currently.

Xargon321

Mar 1, 2011
has anyone tryed to Run the LG updater prog in admin mode before trying the update? i did running win7 x64 and hae not had it freeze at 4% at all

alexcuse

Jul 22, 2011
I'm also getting stuck at Model Dll Msg Not Found(2005, 5) for 4 times now =( Following speedsk8x's method of installing G2x drivers, One Click Recovery, msxml.msi and then KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Does anyone else who was eventually successful encounter this particular error as well, and what was the workaround for this error?

What is the exact procedure to go about restoring the phone? I'm running Windows Xp and I've been trying to get this to work for the past 5 hours, I open the KDZ app and select the downloaded kdz file and press launch software update, and sit and wait for 30 mins i keep getting
22:26:23 : CDMA: wParam = 2007, lParam = 0
22:26:23 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2007, 0)
22:26:24 : CDMA: wParam = 2008, lParam = 2
22:26:24 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2008, 2)
22:26:24 : CDMA: wParam = 2005, lParam = 0
22:26:24 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2005, 0)
22:26:24 : CDMA: wParam = 2009, lParam = 1
22:26:24 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2009, 1)
22:26:24 : CDMA: wParam = 2005, lParam = 5
22:26:24 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2005, 5)
22:26:38 : CDMA: wParam = 2010, lParam = 3015
22:26:38 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2010, 3015)
22:26:38 : CDMA: wParam = 2010, lParam = 3015
22:26:38 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2010, 3015)

raar

Apr 8, 2011
I'm also getting stuck at Model Dll Msg Not Found(2005, 5) for 4 times now =( Following speedsk8x's method of installing G2x drivers, One Click Recovery, msxml.msi and then KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Does anyone else who was eventually successful encounter this particular error as well, and what was the workaround for this error?

Same thing happens to me...

jcerda

Apr 19, 2010
New York
i got my Gx2 to restart with the KDZ method i'm using vista I had to go a DL VMWare. Then DL XP Pro Business edition and Followed the steps and now it's Running GB . I un-bricked the Phone with this method. I takes awhile tho to DL all the files and setup the VMWare software. SO if u have the time try it . it make work for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solution!

As many have stated, pushing the v21E_00.kdz via the KDZ_FW_UPD program does work. It's just touchy.

This is a step by step guide to get you back in to working shape.

Note: You MUST do this via a PC running Windows XP. Running Vista/7 in compatibility mode is not going to work, period.

Edit: As an alternative, a virtual environment running XP will do the job. Those steps are up to you.

Part 1: Download the files you will need below.

V21E_00.kdz
    KDZ_FW_UPD_EN
    One-Click-G2x-recovery-flasher-06-16.rar
    LG USB Drivers G2x

Part 2:

1) Install the LG G2x USB drivers to your WinXP machine.
    2) Extract the entire contents of the One-Click recovery in to a folder and keep it handy.
    3) Remove the battery from the phone. Hold both volume buttons and plug in the USB cable. If you are asked for a driver, look in the APX folder where you extracted the One-Click recovery archive.
    4) Run OneClickRecoveryFlasher.exe and flash the stock recovery. Wait for the process to finish and close all windows and unplug the phone.
    Edit: It's been reported that some users have been able to boot in to their old rom after this point. If you can, you're done. Go
    back and put CWR on and flash whatever you want. If you are still stuck, continue this guide.

5) Put the battery back into the phone and turn it on. You will be back at the S/W Upgrade screen. This is where you want to be! Now plug the USB cable back in to the phone. If everything is up to snuff you should have no driver problems at this point.
    6) Extract KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z in to a folder. Inside is a msxml.msi. You need to run and install this first!
    7) Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe.. Leave the type set to CDMA and the phone mode set to DIAG. DO NOT CLICK ON "Read phone information"
    8) Click the folder icon and load the V21E_00.kdz
    9) Click launch software update (and pray!)

What you will see:

The log window will immediatly show:
    22:41:02 : Launching SW update
    22:41:02 : Unpacking KDZ

Then it will stop for a while.
    After this you will most likely see:
    22:41:16 : KDZ file extraced
    22:41:21 : Files were extracted.
    22:41:21 : LGMobileDL Load.
    22:41:21 : Port = 5
    22:41:21 : Connecting to phone
    22:41:33 : Check Phone mode = 1

It will pause again before you see:
    22:42:08 : Phone type check.......
    22:42:08 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
    22:42:08 : AuthMark°¡ Á¤È®È÷ Phone¿¡ Write µÇÁö ¾Ê¾Ò½À´Ï´Ù!
    22:42:08 : LoadCDMAPhoneData() Error
    22:42:08 : _DetachDLL Call
    22:42:08 : _DetachDLL Call End
    22:42:08 : Param : Path = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\V21E.wdb
    22:42:08 : Param : moduleDir =
    22:42:08 : Param : waitTime = 33000
    22:42:08 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 0
    22:42:08 : Param : PhoneMode = 1
    22:42:08 : Param : BinVersion = V21E_00
    22:42:08 : Param : AuthMark = 0
    22:42:08 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

Finally after another pause you should start to get spammed by the following message:
    22:42:41 : CDMA: wParam = 2007, lParam = 0
    22:42:41 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2007, 0)

You will even hear the USB disconnect/reconnect sound several times.
    The sound and spam will continue until the lParam counts to 100.
    It should look like:
    22:46:25 : CDMA: wParam = 2005, lParam = 100
    22:46:25 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2005, 100)
    22:46:25 : CDMA: wParam = 2001, lParam = 0
    22:46:25 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2001, 0)

After it gets to 100, your phone will reboot to the LG logo before going
    blank. After a few moments of the blank screen you will get the TMO G2x splash before being dropped back in to your working phone.

Be patient as this takes a while. If at any point the program freezes for more than a few moments, it's most likely going to fail and you will need to try again.

Hope this helps. =)

Thanks to everyone who helped figure this out.

Edit: Added some missing info.
    Check out post #112 of this tread and see if those steps work for you!
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15878353&postcount=112

the only thing wrong is step 5. after putting your battery back in, you will not be at the s/w upgrade screen. you will boot to whatever rom you flashed last. now is when you proceed to flash gingerbread.
    xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=810271
    Dnwld and I stall that program then dwnld that kdz file I posted a couple post back and use that program to Install the kdz file that's the gb update see if that works might need to be in recovery for the phone to connect to pc

Sent from a guy living in a van down by the river
    13:30:21 : Param : Path = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\V21E.wdb
    try sticking the kdz file in that path
    Cannot flash CWM as the USB device is not found. The device is plugged in and found in the LG update tool. No idea....

I can flash either stock or clockworkmod from the apx loader by holding volume up and down, then plugging in the phone without the battery and using the nvflasher to flash whatever recovery I want.